Madonna cancels final Madame X shows

Jordan Miller

• Leader

madonna-madame-x-cancel.jpg.7e371a4aa2fe91504c8f3a79a6060c9d.jpg

I’ll just say it: The Madame X tour is cursed. Injuries, cancellations, postponements, no cell phones allowed, a moved start time, lawsuits, the curtain incident, chants and boos… now the Coronavirus.

Madonna cancelled the last two show dates. Here's the official statement:

“Following official notification from the Office of the Police this morning prohibiting all events with an audience attendance of over 1000, Live Nation regrets to announce the final two Madame X performances previously re-scheduled to 10-March and 11-March are forced to be cancelled.” 

Refunds are available. 

To be honest, even if it's an excuse... I'm glad. She needs to rest. This tour took too much of a toll on our queen. 

Thoughts? 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

madonna-madame-x-cancel.jpg.7e371a4aa2fe91504c8f3a79a6060c9d.jpg

I’ll just say it: The Madame X tour is cursed. Injuries, cancellations, postponements, no cell phones allowed, a moved start time, lawsuits, the curtain incident, chants and boos… now the Coronavirus.

Madonna cancelled the last two show dates. Here's the official statement:

Refunds are available. 

To be honest, even if it's an excuse... I'm glad. She needs to rest. This tour took too much of a toll on our queen. 

Thoughts? 

Should've been done months ago. I'll say this, I have been a lifelong Madonna fan since the day I was born, but this whole tour/era has left a bad taste in my mouth and many fans. Maybe because it affected me personally but I can't help but look at her differently now. We had tickets to see Madame X in Miami her last night and spent a ton of money on travel and tickets. She canceled literally an hour before the show. No reason was given/no statement from her. She posted like five days later saying she was in extreme pain and could barely finish the show the night before ours. Now I completely understand she is human and sickness and injuries absolutely happen, but there is just zero excuse to cancel on fans an hour before a show unless there is like a death in the family. If she could barely make it through the previous show, then she knew she could not perform way before an hour before showtime. Also, no apology or reason was given for several days. No I don't expect a personal apology from her, but honestly IT IS personal to us fans who spend our hard earned money that make nowhere near what Madonna makes even for a single show. We saved and saved and I would feel totally sympathetic for her even if she had canceled a few hours before but to wait until the last minute when we were already headed to the venue is just so disrespectful I can't forgive it. She has treated this tour as "I'll go on if I feel like it or is my body can handle it" night by night basis. I'm sorry but that is not how you treat fans or work in general. If you can not handle a tour simply do not do it or cancel the whole thing. Not to mention what a complete *** she is for making ppl wait hours and hours. And then her condescending responses such as "this show isn't for you"...please. She's lost all touch with reality and is obviously surrounded by kiss ***** now. It;s especially disappointing because she's incredibly preachy in her show and on her social media about being kind and a better person blah blah blah...it's obviously all horse ****. She can't even treat her die hard fans with gratitude yet she preaches to us about it. I've loved her so much but she's done. 

Madonna has been touring, giving incredible performances and hard choreography since her 20's... it's normal her body is answering like that after 40 years of hard work. 

I will just  want to say that if she ever announces a world tour in the near future (after she is recovered), we better get our tickets FASTS as next one could be her final tour. :nonoNO:

She should retire! She is unrespectful, some my friends fly specially fo her concert in Paris, and now they are in danger of corona iris because of her. And she cancelled shows! Couldn’t inform it some days before? She is awful! Hope it was her last tour in her life!

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Sorry if this comes across as ignorant, but is it really because of Coronavirus? She already had to cancel so many other shows from this tour because of her own health. 

The French government asked for the cancellation or postponement of all events gathering more than 1,000 people. She may have another reason to cancel, but it would have been impossible for her to do her last shows in France.

I'm glad it's not the case in Belgium (yet), otherwise my Kelis concert yesterday would have been cancelled.

video milkshake GIF

12 minutes ago, IUSM said:

The French government asked for the cancellation or postponement of all events gathering more than 1,000 people. She may have another reason to cancel, but it would have been impossible for her to do her last shows in France.

I'm glad it's not the case in Belgium (yet), otherwise my Kelis concert yesterday would have been cancelled.

video milkshake GIF

Oh that's pretty bad. I wonder what the virus will be like come July? Cause Gaga's meant to be performing in Paris that month.

At least you still got to see Kelis! (Speaking of Kelis, she was amazing on Masked Singer UK and I knew it was her all along)

6 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh that's pretty bad. I wonder what the virus will be like come July? Cause Gaga's meant to be performing in Paris that month.

At least you still got to see Kelis! (Speaking of Kelis, she was amazing on Masked Singer UK and I knew it was her all along)

It's in 4 months, I doubt they will keep cancelling events for weeks.

Kelis was great, even though her set was a bit short for my taste. But tickets were only €29 and I was 10 meters away from her, so it was a real bargain!

:)

Archived