Lady Gaga's "Stupid Love" debuts at #5 on the Hot 100

Jordan Miller

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, marioh said:

Well, I think she did great considering the fact that we live in a streaming era and she isn't exactly a new artist. Good for her. :mhm:

Yes, and none of the singles from Joanne went top 10 in my country (UK) :( 

5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I'm happy for Gaga! Stupid Love isn't super good but I'm still happy it did well on the charts because the attention will give her the confidence and will be an opportunity for her to come out with even better material. I hope she slays with her second single! 💖

pokemon hay GIF 

I’m not crazy about the song either.  But I acknowledge the effort! :yesplease:
Its success can only do good for Gaga. All my positiveness in hopes of a stronger second single and lots of promo to sell it. 

It’s going to freefall from this point, hot many copy’s Make Me sold in it’s first week? I know Gaga sold about 55k in downloads & about 19m in streams with an 23.2 radio audience..

if Britney had a video out at the same time as that single it would have definitely top 10 I’m thinking that because make me had more than 55k downloads 

1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

It’s going to freefall from this point, hot many copy’s Make Me sold in it’s first week? I know Gaga sold about 55k in downloads & about 19m in streams with an 23.2 radio audience..

if Britney had a video out at the same time as that single it would have definitely top 10 I’m thinking that because make me had more than 55k downloads 

iTunes is a dead platform so 53k in pure sales is decent. If Britney ever releases again I doubt it will chart, maybe it will make the bubbling under. But yeah Make Me... would’ve easily been a top 10 hit this week with the chart points it had in 2016. This just shows how important timing is :katycry:

9 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

The top 10 is as follows:

1. Roddy Ricch – "The Box" (=)
  2. Future – "Life Is Good" ft. Drake (=)
  3. Dua Lipa – "Don't Start Now" (+2)
  4. Post Malone – "Circles" (-1)
  5. Lady Gaga – "Stupid Love" (NEW)
  6. Arizona Zervas – "ROXANNE" (=)
  7. The Weeknd – "Blinding Lights" (+1)
  8. Tones and I – "Dance Monkey" (-1)
  9. Maroon 5 – "Memories" (=)
  10. Justin Bieber – "Intentions" ft. Quavo (+1)

All I can think of is that Dua needs to get that NUMBER 1!!

Thats awesome for Gaga. It’s not one of  my favorite songs of hers, but I like it. I’m so happy to see her and Dua so high. Hopefully they stay high and Demi is in the top 10 next week too. 

I also have to say I really hate how the charts work now. I hate the box , it’s been number 1 for so long now... and it’s just not good. It seems like songs stay number one forever now, in the past few years there’s been Despacito, old town road, blurred lines, uptown funk, closer, drake’s songs... I don’t mind if these songs hit number one... but how long they stay there? Breaking one sweet days record? It’s crazy...

3 hours ago, SuperRhaj said:

I’m not crazy about the song either.  But I acknowledge the effort! :yesplease:
Its success can only do good for Gaga. All my positiveness in hopes of a stronger second single and lots of promo to sell it. 

Yeees. ❤ I don't understand people hating on SL. Pop music fans should rally and support our stalwarts because their success means good things for the genre - we all love. If they win, we all win.

1 hour ago, Lorenzo said:

iTunes is a dead platform so 53k in pure sales is decent. If Britney ever releases again I doubt it will chart, maybe it will make the bubbling under. But yeah Make Me... would’ve easily been a top 10 hit this week with the chart points it had in 2016. This just shows how important timing is :katycry:

Why you feel that way? I think make me sold 97k first week :xfactorlook: if she becomes free from the Conservatorship I see a huge opportunity to slay the market!! Her fans would come out for something like that... 

13 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Gaga brought POP back to the mainstream and it’s only peaked at #5. The Gays have Failed!  :wontcry:   :letitburn:   :kidcries:

Dula Peep is the one bringing pop back into the mainstream. "Don't Start Now" debuted at #30 in freakin' November and now it has slowly but surely climbed up to #3 four months after release. Now THAT is what we call charting power and a sleeper hit. :katybelt:

5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

All I can think of is that Dua needs to get that NUMBER 1!!

Going to be hard. If it keeps charting high for at least a few more weeks... I feel like she needs the combination of a less competitive week + a boost from the album, but we're still a month away from "Future Nostalgia" and she's already readying a new single. I don't know... :receipts2:

Archived