Lady Gaga's "Stupid Love" debuts at #5 on the Hot 100

Jordan Miller

• Leader

lady-gaga-stupid-love-billboard.jpg.4df4138865eecef7d257a06ee2beb8fe.jpg

Lady Gaga earns her 16th top 10 single with "Stupid Love."

The Bloodpop & Max Martin-produced banger debuted at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. A very respectable chart placement! 

There was a lot of firepower going into the track's debut. I wonder if it'll continue to climb after its first week, or if it'll trickle down the Hot 100 as we inch towards summer?

I think the song leaking a month ahead of schedule definitely played a factor in it not blasting to #1. there was real potential to top the charts, but the element of surprise was foiled. 

Some details from Billboard:

Lady Gaga's "Stupid Love" launches at No. 5 on the Hot 100, marking her 16th top 10, and first since "Shallow" (with Bradley Cooper), which became her fourth No. 1 when it topped the March 9, 2019-dated chart. She logs her seventh debut in the top 10; her first since "Dope" started at No. 8 in November 2013; and her highest-bowing since "The Edge of Glory" opened at No. 3 in May 2011.

Plus, thanks to "Shallow" and "Stupid Love," Gaga boasts Hot 100 top 10s in consecutive years for the first time since she tallied two in 2010 and four in 2011.

Following its release (along with its official video) on Feb. 28, "Stupid Love" bounds in at No. 1 on Digital Song Sales with 53,000 sold, arriving as her seventh leader on the list. It begins at No. 9 on Streaming Songs with 19.7 million U.S. streams and No. 40 on Radio Songs with 23.7 million in audience.

Some stats via Popheads

The top 10 is as follows:

1. Roddy Ricch – "The Box" (=)
  2. Future – "Life Is Good" ft. Drake (=)
  3. Dua Lipa – "Don't Start Now" (+2)
  4. Post Malone – "Circles" (-1)
  5. Lady Gaga – "Stupid Love" (NEW)
  6. Arizona Zervas – "ROXANNE" (=)
  7. The Weeknd – "Blinding Lights" (+1)
  8. Tones and I – "Dance Monkey" (-1)
  9. Maroon 5 – "Memories" (=)
  10. Justin Bieber – "Intentions" ft. Quavo (+1)

• "Stupid Love" is Lady Gaga's 16th top 10 single.
  • Lady Gaga and only four other artists have unique top 10 hits in the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s decades. (via @chartdata on Twitter)
  • "The Box" and "Life Is Good" have spent eight weeks at #1 and #2 unchanged, respectively, marking only the seventh pair of songs to keep their positioning like so for at least eight weeks.

What do you guys think of Stupid Love opening up at #5? :runga:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy for Gaga! Stupid Love isn't super good but I'm still happy it did well on the charts because the attention will give her the confidence and will be an opportunity for her to come out with even better material. I hope she slays with her second single! 💖

pokemon hay GIF

shook it did so well bc i saw so many ppl trashing it. personally i like it a lot even tho i get the critique that it sounds like a BTW b-side, but like, it has a modern sound both in general and for gaga that offsets that sufficiently that i couldn't really see it on BTW. less monstrous, cause electropop was in it's most noisy aggressive sonically period around the release of BTW (like listen to Judas or Hold It Against Me or Tik Tok, for example), stupid love is smoother and more controlled. i think the BIG thing is how much longevity it'll have--later in someone's career i feel it's less important to rack up #1's than it is to show your star power by sticking on the charts in some capacity for ages

Archived