Marina drops new song "Man’s World"

Also, based on her Vogue interview the album will be completely self-written, so I guess we're getting another FROOT moment, which was an instant classic. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Take me back to the origins of “Man’s World.” Was it inspired by any particular idea or event? 

I wrote it last summer in August. I’d already decided I was gonna write this new record alone, and the process felt like a reaction to what I had previously released, which is often the case. Each record I do is sort of like the opposite of the previous one. At the time I was mostly inspired by the shifts that are happening for people who are discriminated against. The original idea for the song was to write a snapshot of how women and LGBTQ+ individuals have been subjugated and discriminated against throughout history going back to the Salem witch trials, where any person who was deemed abnormal or slightly alternative was singled out. Those kinds of patterns are still present in society. That’s something inspiring to me and worth writing about.

https://www.vogue.com/article/marina-mans-world-single?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=vogue&utm_social-type=earned

As for the production, she's working with an all-female team. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Love 1

This is a mix of Froot and Love + Fear. Same for the music video, which is aesthetically pleasing.

I like it, but given the lyrics, I feel something is missing in the music to make it more powerful and memorable. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

The first verse is strong and hits hard. :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

The chorus and following verses are a bit underwhelming; music and voice feels muffled at times, like someone messed up the mixing.

• Super Mods

I love the production, lyrics, and the music video. She snapped so hard :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: Waiting for the cis white straight christian males to lose their minds and call her out for "attacking" them :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

Her point is that this world has been ruled by straight white men ever since it was created and OBVIOUSLY they did a HORRIBLE job. Wars, famine, epidemics, capitalism, poverty etc. It is time we let women and gay people rule for a while :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue: I'm a 100% sure we would do 10000 times better.

• Love 2
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block