Kelly Clarkson to Selena Gomez: "don't ever negate your gift because it's powerful"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Kelly Clarkson is one of my all-time favorite artists. I love her music AND her personality. She's so sweet :tiffanycries:

Selena Gomez appeared on Kelly's talk show. She opens up about finding her sound and how she chose to continue recording music even though she just released Rare

At one point, Selena says: "I know that people may not think I'm the greatest singer."

Kelly had an incredible response: 

"The best singer in the world is not the loudest, and is not the ... omg you have to sing like Whitney Houston. The best singers in the world move you. And that comes from all different sounds and styles. From a singer to a singer... it's beautiful what you do... don't ever negate your gift because it's powerful." 

:katycry:

This is exactly how I feel, too. It's one of the reasons why I don't feel passionate about writing articles or reviewing music right now (and am having so much more fun creating conversational topics like this one).

It's exhausting having to

A.) fit into a box and
B.) critique music when the artist truly believed in their work.

If an artist releases something that they're proud of, who are we to pick it apart for website clicks?

What are your guys' thoughts on what Kelly said? Do you agree or is she mistaken? 

Shoutout to @Aizmov for sending me this.

Also, stream Rare:jj:

kelly-clarkson-selena-gomez.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love Kelly. Her album Stronger helped me get through a really tough time. It changed me so much I had to get it tattooed on my chest to kind of always be reminded. I can’t wait to see her in August! It’ll be the first time meeting her for a Meet & Greet. 

She is always first to build up other artists and people, she speaks her mind when something is right but does in a way that doesn’t feel argumentative or mean. I can’t wait for new music!

33 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

:katycry:

This is exactly how I feel, too. It's one of the reasons why I don't feel passionate about writing articles or reviewing music right now (and am having so much more fun creating conversational topics like this one).

It's exhausting having to

A.) fit into a box and
B.) critique music when the artist truly believed in their work.

If an artist releases something that they're proud of, who are we to pick it apart for website clicks?

kelly-clarkson-selena-gomez.jpg

Jordan James Miller, listen to me child.

tenor.gif?itemid=5071244

I love this. So many of my faves aren’t necessarily the best vocalists, but I love the uniqueness of their voices and what they create. Having great technique doesn’t make you a great artist. I love Kelly and Selena, and I’m always excited when they release new music. And I love that Kelly, who is considered one of the best vocalists out there said this. Queens supporting queens. 

• Leader
8 hours ago, Derrick said:

I absolutely love Kelly. Her album Stronger helped me get through a really tough time. It changed me so much I had to get it tattooed on my chest to kind of always be reminded. I can’t wait to see her in August! It’ll be the first time meeting her for a Meet & Greet. 

She is always first to build up other artists and people, she speaks her mind when something is right but does in a way that doesn’t feel argumentative or mean. I can’t wait for new music!

You got the word Stronger tatted?!

I want to get the word ‘breathe’ tatted

Archived