Trump campaign is suing CNN for 'false reporting' in op-ed

• Leader

This pos. 

Trump's campaign is suing CNN, Washington Post and the New York Times over recent op-eds on Russian interference. 

I want to double down that they were opinion pieces. First amendment shmirst shmamendent. 

Donald Trump’s re-election campaign is suing CNN for publishing an opinion piece that argued Trump did not stop Russia from helping the campaign during the presidential election.

The libel lawsuit, filed in the US district court for the northern district of Georgia, argues that CNN published the story on the campaign’s Russia ties despite “an extensive record of statements from the campaign and the administration expressly disavowing any intention to seek Russian assistance”.

Trump offers boasts and insults at CDC press conference on coronavirus – as it happened
 Read more

Trump’s campaign has also filed libel lawsuits against the Washington Post and the New York Times in the past few weeks. Those lawsuits, similarly, were over opinion articles about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The CNN article was written by Larry Noble, a CNN contributor and former general counsel for the Federal Election Commission. It was published in the opinion section of CNN’s website. It argued that Trump’s campaign “assessed the potential risks and benefits of again seeking Russia’s help in 2020 and has decided to leave that option on the table”.

Fox News first reported the lawsuit on Friday. Trump’s legal team demanded CNN retract the op-ed and issue a correction but the network declined. The article is still up on CNN’s website. The Trump campaign is seeking millions of dollars in its lawsuit.
“The campaign therefore was left with no alternative but to file this lawsuit to: publicly establish the truth, properly inform CNN’s readers and audience (and the rest of the world) of the true facts, and seek appropriate remedies for the harm caused by CNN’s false reporting and failure to retract and apologize for it,” the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit is the latest example of the antagonistic relationship Trump’s team and the president himself has had with the network and the press at large. Trump regularly rants about CNN and its “fake news” coverage of him and his administration.

Source: The Guardian

I'd be interested to hear someone defend Trump's stance. Does he have a leg to stand on here?

trump-sues-cnn.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JordanMiller said:

Please LORDT I hope we can leave him in 2020. 

I have this eerie feeling he's gonna win again 🙄 Namely because I did NOT think he would win in 2016 and welp 

It's so sick. I live in West Virginia. I see SO many Hilary-haters and Trump-supporters and it makes me gag. Ugh I wish I liked in California or something :sobbing:

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

I have this eerie feeling he's gonna win again 🙄 Namely because I did NOT think he would win in 2016 and welp 

I too feel like he is going to win again. The world was never perfect, but he made open hatred okay.  The divide in this nation is sad. People seem to not be open to hearing different beliefs or perspectives. I don't feel safe as a minority (gay/mixed ethnicity) living in America anymore. And YES I know there are worse things happening in the world in other countries, but what's going is effecting us here. Everyday in my prayers I pray for America and I really hope this election gets him out of the office and the new President can bring back some class and integrity to the country we desperately need. 

3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Most useless world leader award goes to Trump :queenflopga: Maybe focus on the public health emergency that COVID-19 can mutate into rather than going after CNN for a hot take in the opinions section :schoolingtime:

According to him the coronavirus is the new  hoax democrats have created to use against him...:wtfdidusay:

On 3/8/2020 at 1:15 AM, JordanMiller said:

Lol the whole world knows he is mostlikely gonna win cause there are way to many stupid people around in the us. lets hope corona helps you guys with the next election.

greetz from germany waving kate winslet GIF

Archived