Shakira and Anuel AA drop lavish video for "Me Gusta"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

After her unforgettable performance at the Super Bowl, Shakira is still on top. :shaktongue:

She released a new music video for "Me Gusta," featuring Latin trap star Anuel AA. The track samples Inner Circle’s 1993 reggae hit, “Sweat (A La La La La Long).”

The video is decadent and colorful. It's directed by Drew Kirsch, who also directed Taylor Swift’s “Lover” video.

Shakira is working on a new studio album out some time this year. :yesplease:

Are there any Shakira stans here in Exhale? Thoughts on her new video? 

shakira-me-gusta.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
42 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

Don't get me wrong I love Shakira but all she's ever done after she wolf is kind of stealing songs and mostly sampling ..... What happened to her creativity and originality . :zoomzoom: :jlostare:

Yeah but props to her cause she writes ALL OF HER songs like all of them 

yes some were given and some were co wrote but if u watch her docus 

she herself forms her own tours 

she creates the designs 

where the cameras will be 

what songs she will do

the theme 

she puts in a lot of effort in her craft 

she makes sure every single detail is perfect 

Can we get rock star Shakira back? I do love her reggeaton dance songs, but I can use some more in depth lyrics from her. He rlyrics on her spanish albums used to be so amazing/deep, but I find Shaki is now trying to stay relevant by releasing very generic Latin music. Donde Estan Los Ladrones? will forever be the best Shakira album, that was her prime year and I miss those!

1 hour ago, Jayjukebox said:

Can we get rock star Shakira back? I do love her reggeaton dance songs, but I can use some more in depth lyrics from her. He rlyrics on her spanish albums used to be so amazing/deep, but I find Shaki is now trying to stay relevant by releasing very generic Latin music. Donde Estan Los Ladrones? will forever be the best Shakira album, that was her prime year and I miss those!

Exactly. Shakira IS a rock star, as crazy as that sounds. Those are her roots. That's why it's so hard to see her going with the trends for so long now.

Can we get rock star Shakira back? I do love her reggeaton dance songs, but I can use some more in depth lyrics from her. Her lyrics on her spanish albums used to be so amazing/deep, but I find Shaki is now trying to stay relevant by releasing very generic Latin music. Donde Estan Los Ladrones? will forever be the best Shakira album, those was her prime years and I miss those!

9 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Exactly. Shakira IS a rock star, as crazy as that sounds. Those are her roots. That's why it's so hard to see her going with the trends for so long now.

Absolutely! I miss that type of music! It felt so original and refreshing! We must root for that version of her to come back! 

Can we get rock star Shakira back? I do love her reggeaton dance songs, but I can use some more in depth lyrics from her. Her lyrics on her spanish albums used to be so amazing/deep, but I find Shaki is now trying to stay relevant by releasing very generic Latin music. Donde Estan Los Ladrones? will forever be the best Shakira album, those was her prime years and I miss those!

3 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Yeah but props to her cause she writes ALL OF HER songs like all of them 

yes some were given and some were co wrote but if u watch her docus 

she herself forms her own tours 

she creates the designs 

where the cameras will be 

what songs she will do

the theme 

she puts in a lot of effort in her craft 

she makes sure every single detail is perfect 

I know that's why I expect her to do better , laundry service is a perfect album and whenever wherever is probably my all time favorite song , I think she needs to bring her original sound again 

Archived