Madonna, Beyonce & Taylor Swift make Time's 100 Women Who Defined The Last Century list

Jordan Miller

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor Swift didn’t really make it ok her own... you just have to read what they write. It’s not about Taylor specifically, but more about all the women who were involved in the me too movement. Taylor definitely could be on this list, but she’s not really on it in the same way Madonna and Beyonce are. 

im not sure how I feel about this list overall. For one I think Cher should definitely be on it. Probably Barbra Streisand too, and I’m not even really a fan of her. Also, Greta Thurnberg is on it... I feel like it’s way too soon to place her on a list like this. 

Madonna deserves this for sure!.. she has done so much for LGBT+, marginalized countries and even for the environment issues. 

Beyonce has been and advocate to African descents rights. 

Taylor.. I dunno, although she is talented for sure, she has been quiet most of her career... just recently she started to speak about lgbt+ and women rights so hmmm. 

On 3/6/2020 at 7:38 AM, MyLittlePopstar said:

Taylor Swift didn’t really make it ok her own... you just have to read what they write. It’s not about Taylor specifically, but more about all the women who were involved in the me too movement. Taylor definitely could be on this list, but she’s not really on it in the same way Madonna and Beyonce are. 

im not sure how I feel about this list overall. For one I think Cher should definitely be on it. Probably Barbra Streisand too, and I’m not even really a fan of her. Also, Greta Thurnberg is on it... I feel like it’s way too soon to place her on a list like this. 

Liberal politics

Those lists are so contrived. We know the names before we even read them. They only refer to Western famous people, they are not really inclusive. They 'defined' in some way  the Anglo Saxon world in ways that mattered mostly to them and their periphery.  Not many  women of third countries. Showbiz people and liberal choices.

Archived