Video of Normani speaking in an Asian accent getting her nails done surfaces

Jordan Miller

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

Scroll up honey bun. An Asian perspective was givenย :snarky:ย 

You must be a Camila stan....something donโ€™t smell right. Was what Normani did insensitive? Sure! But itโ€™s not in the same ballpark as consistently reposting racist material and using the N word. And if you think it is then do some further research sisย :raven:

LOL I couldnโ€™t give any less of a **** about either of those nobodies... Iโ€™m trying to highlight that her racially โ€œinsensitiveโ€ behavior is ironic given the platform she gave herself in discussing race in Rolling Stoneย 

But yes letโ€™s keep theย focus on their pop personas as the main issue andย not the hypocrisy...ย 

2 hours ago, helloitsme said:

Bruh. This isnt the same as what camila did. Im asian and dont find this offensive. I feel like youre kinda team camila in this situation and its kind of a turn off tbhย ๐Ÿคฎย 

This isnโ€™t about taking offense. Itโ€™s nice you didnโ€™t. I donโ€™t take offense to gay jokes, but does it make it right?ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m team common sense.ย I donโ€™t listen to either of these girls music since watching X Factor..:xfactorlook:

24 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

LOL I couldnโ€™t give any less of a **** about either of those nobodies... Iโ€™m trying to highlight that her racially โ€œinsensitiveโ€ behavior is ironic given the platform she gave herself in discussing race in Rolling Stoneย 

But yes letโ€™s keep theย focus on their pop personas as the main issue andย not the hypocrisy...ย 

Sounds to me like you give a couple ****sย :mhmnod:

when did I say anything about their pop personas? If this were a debate between two of my friends my opinion would be the exact same. youโ€™re reaching for the stars sweetie.ย 

21 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

This isnโ€™t about taking offense. Itโ€™s nice you didnโ€™t. I donโ€™t take offense to gay jokes, but does it make it right?ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m team common sense.ย I donโ€™t listen to either of these girls music since watching X Factor..:xfactorlook:

Britney busted out laughing when trying to pronounce a Japanese name in an interview once. Are you gonna call her racist tooย :akii: this generation is exhaustingย 

32 minutes ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

Sounds to me like you give a couple ****sย :mhmnod:

when did I say anything about their pop personas? If this were a debate between two of my friends my opinion would be the exact same. youโ€™re reaching for the stars sweetie.ย 

When you turn it into A conversation about who Iโ€™m โ€œstanningโ€ thatโ€™s exactly what youโ€™re doing.ย 
ย We will agree to disagree. Iโ€™m done debating. Until next timeย :mcwave:
ย 

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Iโ€™m a first generation Vietnamese and honestly, me and my asian friends joke about the Asian cliches and like to poke fun at it.ย 
ย 

I mean Asians have shows like theseย :quirkney:

ย 

Yeah but it all goes back to people of certain decent being able to poke fun at their own race and things of that nature. Why do you think the N word is still so prominent, due to the African Americans and using it and saying they can use it but no other race.

Also when people use negative gay terms that the gay community can get away with saying to each other it's just different when other races or cultures mock another race or culture.

I get jokes, however if a white woman was doing something that was considered mocking a black woman or trying to be black it would be a huge issue, just like black face and everything else.

• Super Mods
29 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Yeah but it all goes back to people of certain decent being able to poke fun at their own race and things of that nature. Why do you think the N word is still so prominent, due to the African Americans and using it and saying they can use it but no other race.

Also when people use negative gay terms that the gay community can get away with saying to each other it's just different when other races or cultures mock another race or culture.

I get jokes, however if a white woman was doing something that was considered mocking a black woman or trying to be black it would be a huge issue, just like black face and everything else.

Fair enoughย 

Archived