Demi Lovato literally battles herself in the "I Love Me" video: watch

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Demi Lovato dropped a music video for her new song, "I Love Me."

The track is upbeat and pretty anthemic despite some of the somber admissions she sings about (like her eating disorder and peoples' harsh judgement). I can see it being a real summer bop! 

In the video, Demi literally fights herself as she asks why she's not enough. It kind of reminds me of the "Confident" clip.

There appear to be a couple of popular culture references as well, including a play off of a Taylor Swift lyric and some shade aimed at the Jonas Brothers.

The scene where "Demi" is being transported into the ambulance kinda rocked me.

Overall it's a solid release! 

Thoughts?! :demi:

demi-lovato-i-love-me.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the song is a bop and definitely way better than Cool for the Summer.

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone. I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn. I threw your sh-t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs. I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care! I love me! I don't care!

new year party GIF

Im so exited for demi's new single! im not sure how it will sound bc when i first saw the tittle i thought it was that "still got me" snippet from a long ago but when it got taken down for copyright its tittle was "still got me" however im streaming anyways, hopefully she will drop the music video the same day she has never done that before (ikr)

2 hours ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

I'm a flop when it comes to Demi. I only like one of her songs, she's gorgeous though I always found her more attractive than Selina, I never understood why she was more popular than Demi.

Selena is more popular because she stans Britney and Demi stans Christina. 

• Content Curators
23 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Selena is more popular because she stans Britney and Demi stans Christina. 

Your right I should be expelled from exhale for that mistake  :eheeek:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Yikes I have bought MULTIPLE Demi albums which is crazy for me Bc I’m cheap af but I always wanted to support her talent.

her last couple albums have been boring imo. A couple good songs and that’s it. Back in the day her albums were lit in their entirety.

this new song sounds pretty basic. I like that it’s a different sound for Demi. I like the chanty vocals on the chorus. But yea like someone else pointed out it’s v Taylor. Sounds like it will not chart high.

Archived