Mariah Carey and JoJo sing "Everything Fades Away"

Roxxy

Mariah Carey just wrapped up her final show for her Vegas comeback, her second residency titled Butterfly Returns, yesterday.

On Mimi's Instagram, she posted a video of her hanging out backstage with our favorite queen of re-recording her iconic studio albums, JoJo. When will Taylor Swift?

JoJo and Mimi, together with her background singers that includes, Trey Lorenz, Mimi's companion on the Grammy nominated and Billboard Hot 100 #1 single I'll Be There, and is a constant in Mariah's circle, sang just the background vocals to Everything Fades Away, one of the gems from her Diamond certified album, Music Box. Lucky for us Britney stans, we can relate to having a Diamond certified album. ;)

Later, JoJo would also post about the moment on her Instagram, saying she's "typing this from beyond the grave". It's safe to say she didn't make it. I mean, she did meet Mariah - Queen of Christmas. She did what she needed to do, honestly.

Check out Mariah's post here! ❤

Check out JoJo posting from beyond the grave here.

- Roxxy 💋

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this was SO special! I absolutely love these backstage acapella moments. And Everything Fades Away?! The backing vocals only?! Amazing! Now this is something the fans will absolutely love.

And yes, JoJo just makes it all the more special. I've always adored her (I wrote her a fan letter when her debut album came out lol!) so it was very cool to see them together and she was slaying those BVs along with the rest!

Archived