Did Lady Gaga rip off Grimes & Brooke Candy in the "Stupid Love" video?

Jordan Miller

It looks like a copy but do you people understand that each and each year further is more and more difficult to be original? There are so many pop star looks, outfits, styles happened in the past 100 years that it's becoming way harder to come up with something interesting, shocking but new. Ofc there will be more copies or at least big inspirations in the future. 

I don't defend her tho just stating the fact.:heresthetea:

P. S. The same goes with songs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's kind of impossible to be a global popstar and not reference anything or anyone. I grew up with the Incomparable Queen (BRITNEY, DUH) and later on I realised many of her iconic looks (like the red catsuit, just to name one) were based on something else. And it's OK, whatever. Fashion is cyclical too, it wouldn't be able to keep producing stuff otherwise. And whenever there's a big change or super creative output, people are not ready and call it crazy. Gaga was considered almost delusional and an attention ***** when she came in a freaking egg at an awards show. But who did that before?? No one! (please tell me no one... otherwise I quit.)

Archived