Did Lady Gaga rip off Grimes & Brooke Candy in the "Stupid Love" video?

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Lady Gaga just released her new music video for "Stupid Love." 

In it, she rocks an outfit very similar to one RCA-signed artist Brooke Candy rocked in Grimes's 2012 music video for "Genesis."

The similarities are undeniable, but perhaps it was just a coincidence? What do you think? Do you think Gaga and Haus of Gaga were at all aware? :runga:

It's worth pointing out Grimes has heard LG6 and may even be featured on it. She says it's "f**king good."

See what's being said below, then let us know what you think in the comments.

lady-gaga-brooke-candy-grimes.jpg

lady-gaga-brooke-candy-grimes2.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to one of your readers, what difference does it make since Gaga is an A list artist and will reach a broader global audience and Grimes is just a D list artist. Well, honey, thank god for all these D list artists giving your A list one a helping hand. Fans really will eat up anything she does and ignore the facts. Sound familiar?? 

Not that it wasn’t hard before, but to be a popstar these days has got to be one of the most stress inducing, anxiety provoking jobs in the world. Holy crap, the fear of judgement alone would tear me apart. These people all need to hire consultants who’s job it is to make sure none of their material resembles anything anyone has ever done before.

:airpls:

I like to song, hoping it’ll grow on me with a couple more listens. Don’t think it’s one of those videos I’ll be watching over and over again, but nice job GAGA! I love the pink hair on her. 

Archived