What artists reached global superstardom with their debut?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Michael: Faith

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuzCdaS7UbllOa0CojI3j

George Michael made his solo debut album which spend over 10 weeks no.1 on billboard chart and 6 singles charted top 5 with 4 of them reaching no.1. To this date, the album sold over 25 million copies and that album put him on the same level of Michael Jackson, Prince and Madonna who were the titans of that era. Moreover, George Michael's Faith outsold Michael Jackson's Bad in the US. 

What about PCD? (almost) all of the singles from their debut were hits and the album debuted in the top 5. Stickwitu was even nominated for a Grammy. Not as monumental as Britney or XTina, but still pretty impressive.

Meghan Trainor had a pretty stellar debut, too when you look at charting and everything.

53 minutes ago, helloitsme said:

But billie eillish’s where do we go when we fall asleep isnt her debut... she had a couple eps before and an album i think... where do we go when we fall asleep set her off. “Ocean eyes” was like 4 or 5 years ago

I was just about to say this... yeah that wasn’t her debut album....

Archived