Max Martin reportedly produced Lady Gaga's new song "Stupid Love"

Jordan Miller

i understand where @iAlwaysSingLiveis coming from. Max Martin songs sound very lab-produced. It's almost as if h'es a robot. His songwriting is made with the utmost precision to be catchy and get your attention right away. For that reason, I can't call his songs "mindless bops". In fact I'd say his songwriting can be very sophisticated. Mind you, "Oops I Did it Again" is absolutely epic.  However, he has a formula and it is obvious in any song that he writes or co-writes. I don't think we should worry with Gaga though - her songwriter ego might be as strong as Martin's.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it . Did she release the song and then scrapped it? Or a demo leaked? 

The whole demo leak is a very old method of promotion. Artists just come out with 2-3 finished songs and then an album follows 2 weeks after. Nowadays that is.

Why is she taking so long to release an album? Man pop artists must be really  struggling at this point. 

6 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I don't know how I feel about this. Gaga's music has always had a certain quirk to it, and I feel like Max Martin might dumb it down. Also, that's a lot of people for just one song. :eeek: Weird coming from a Britney fan, but I do not like Max Martin. He's like the epitome of commercial music. :ehum:

Spoiler

I wouldn't think too much about that.

Gaga's music with RedOne was VASTLY different than anything else he did with JLo or Enrique Iglesias or Usher. She's so involved in evert aspect of her music. I have no doubt it will remain VERY GAGA.

10 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Same! I read a lot of negative comments about it, but I think the song is a BOP. That's what fans wanted... a break from the Joanne stuff. Just bussy bangers and we're getting them. 

agreed! Not sure why people are hating on it! I love how she’s bringing exciting and fun pop back

Archived