Max Martin reportedly produced Lady Gaga's new song "Stupid Love"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I don't like when Britney's producers work with other artists. I'm so selfish. 

But since Britney's on hiatus and Taylor decided to do Lover without him, I guess I he needs a job. :cutebrit:

lol well I also saw people saying Stupid Love was actually produced by RedOne, but it sounds more like Max Martin to me.

Shazam lists SL when you play the demo, so I wonder if the new version coming out is that different. :receipts2:

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

lol well I also saw people saying Stupid Love was actually produced by RedOne, but it sounds more like Max Martin to me.

Really? I hear RedOne all over it. I'm getting very Sweet 7 by the Sugababes from this. I hope it's RedOne cause I'll be annoyed if Max and Gaga hit it big and then they're gonna be frequent collaborators. UGHHHH i'm so selfish. :yesplease:

• Leader
21 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Really? I hear RedOne all over it. I'm getting very Sweet 7 by the Sugababes from this. I hope it's RedOne cause I'll be annoyed if Max and Gaga hit it big and then they're gonna be frequent collaborators. UGHHHH i'm so selfish. :yesplease:

I've seen a lot of people calling Gaga basic for working with Max Martin. I think the opposite. Sure he's super mainstream, but he makes hits. Gaga is giving us monster dance beats for the gays this era and I'm here for it :yesplease:

3 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I've seen a lot of people calling Gaga basic for working with Max Martin. I think the opposite. Sure he's super mainstream, but he makes hits. Gaga is giving us monster dance beats for the gays this era and I'm here for it :yesplease:

People say that? But Max Martin is the sh-t. Not being biased because he's ours, but Max just doesn't make a bad song. Those who say that are tasteless. :cutesybrit:

WHAT?? Oh well, he's only one of many writters, maybe he just threw some words at it and now he's credited in it. But of course he didn't produce it because it's a lackluster song.
But wait, then you say that he PRODUCED the track?? You mean the final version, that we haven't heard yet? That would make sense if it sounds totally different. I imagine Gaga looking for Max after seeing the luke-warm response from people after the demo leaked. I TOLD YOU BLOODPOP IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY. The only really good song he did was "Friends" with Justin Bieber. And only because the chorus explodes. Everything else he does is pop on Xanax.

• Leader
2 hours ago, Alxatc said:

I love the leaked version.. just hope the new one is as exciting and not transformed into some basic and boring nowadays radio song.. katy Perry needs to start working Max Martin and not Charlie Puth...

Same! I read a lot of negative comments about it, but I think the song is a BOP. That's what fans wanted... a break from the Joanne stuff. Just bussy bangers and we're getting them. 

18 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Same! I read a lot of negative comments about it, but I think the song is a BOP. That's what fans wanted... a break from the Joanne stuff. Just bussy bangers and we're getting them. 

It is a bop but we expect Gaga to always give us something elevated. The song is fun and danceable but it’s generic and doesn’t have enough lyrics imo.

Gaga can do way better so it’ll be a shame if the hype she’s built over the years is wasted on the demo version of SL. But if max martin was brought on to spice up the song I’m v hopeful and excited to hear it :shake:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

And that's bad because? :thinkney:

The way you just flat out said you didn't like the man who was arguably the pillar or even back bone of our fave's entire career. Like it was nothing. :orangu:

Not saying it's a bad thing. It's just that I listen to Britney for mindless nostalgia bops in which case Max Martin is totally fine. But Gaga can offer and is capable of more than just that. She can put the 'ART' in 'POP', if you catch my drift. :makeitrain: I feel like Max Martin has a very overbearing presence on everything he works on. :ehum: If it's just the lead single, then I don't care and it's completely understandable, though. Gotta sell an album somehow. :miley:

@iAlwaysSingLive

Yeah I hear you. I totally get where you're coming from. ❤ I'm just trying to understand your music taste. I'd like to think that everyone here on Exhale are stans of commercial pop music one way or another. And some of us who listen to commercial pop also listens to obscure indie artists and/or C and D list artists because you can really be both and I get that and I respect that. The reason why I was surprised was that it really seemed like you're not a person who likes commercial AND artpop. Take Britney out of the picture, that's a copout. It felt as if you are appalled at the idea of commercial pop music and only like "artpop". You can correct me if i'm wrong. Hehe. Like, you're one of those people. And this isn't a drag by the way. I just wanted to understand so the next time I see commercial pop slander LMAO, I'll be whatever. :bcutelaugh:

So you don't like any of his songs that are not Britney's? P!nk? Taylor Swift? Ariana Grande? Kelly Clarkson? Avril Lavigne?  :surprisedney:

Again this isn't a drag. This is just me wanting to understand my sister so we can coexist in peace. ❤

Archived