Who has been powerful enough to make you leave Britney?

• Content Curators
18 minutes ago, dr35 said:

What a fun little thread! If I'm being honest, Britney has never been a "singer" for me. If we're comparing Apples to Apples, Britney doesn't compare to the likes of a Madonna or Lady Gaga, or even current chart-owners like Taylor Swift. These women can craft their own music from the ground up, conceptualize their design, aesthetics, tours and videos on their own.... Britney doesn't do that. A lot of Britney's career has been pop culture centric, not music based. 

NOW... before I  get raked under the bus for that comment. It's not me saying I don't think Britney had (or still has) talent. Britney is an icon.... on a level few stars will ever reach. Though she may not have hand crafted all of her music, Britney's imagery, iconic looks, and killer choreography will never be challenged in pop culture history. 

AS FOR THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.... There will never be a 'Pop star' that makes me "Leave" or "forget" Britney. I'll always get up and dance when a Britney bop comes on. Her songs can be ****, fun, sassy and quirky... or even empowering like 'Stronger'. Trend-hopping pop-stars of the moment will always come and go.... but Britney will never disappear from History.

Alright now I was about be like :sobbing: but then yes you came around.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Britney was, is, and will forever be my Original Doll since 1998.
Now, while she has meltdowns and shaves her head and wrecks cars with umbrellas and lives in a bikini in Hawaii and plays dress-up in her house, you could say I somehow get a little tiny bit amused maybe probably by pretty much all the other lesser women in music. Nicki Minaj is high up there, but I'm not sure why haha, she just draws me in in every way. But then the list becomes almost endless for one reason or another. Every pop gal has something special or unique, GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! (?)
Oh, and Ricky Martin is my Britney With A *****, I absolutely love him.

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
On 2/26/2020 at 4:16 PM, bitbitboi said:

Britney was, is, and will forever be my Original Doll since 1998.
Now, while she has meltdowns and shaves her head and wrecks cars with umbrellas and lives in a bikini in Hawaii and plays dress-up in her house, you could say I somehow get a little tiny bit amused maybe probably by pretty much all the other lesser women in music. Nicki Minaj is high up there, but I'm not sure why haha, she just draws me in in every way. But then the list becomes almost endless for one reason or another. Every pop gal has something special or unique, GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! (?)
Oh, and Ricky Martin is my Britney With A *****, I absolutely love him.

Ricky Martin is pop perfection.

• Love 1

no one can replace my queen but some of the gals i've found that have material that's held me over:

aaliyah - probably the most britney-esque singer that isn't britney. she was like the black, proto-type of brit. i would've loved to have seen them collab if she hadn't passed away, feel like it would've happened. she was supposed to perform at the vmas the year she died...imagine a britney-aaliyah double snake performance of slave 4 u & we need a resolution as a medley...i quake at the thought

slayyyter - an outright britney fan, also very inspired by women like paris, christina, nelly furtado, jessica simpson, and...heidi montag lmaoooo but anyway i love her. very interesting artist and excited to see where she goes (she has a cover of everytime also)

liz - a lil bit of 90's max martin britney

charli xcx and tove lo - both very unashamed, twitchy sounding dance pop type musicians

...and jessica simpson, because.  :lowkeyno:

also love me some Ta-Nasha...what good taste britney has picking TaNasha for a song with her

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
On 2/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, Lil Jay said:

Honestly? Never

Well I became a fan of Shakira first, when I discovered her in 2010 with Waka, Waka, and I was on my way to become her stan, but that never happened once I discovered Britney (through Womanizer mv:uknowit:)

She took my heart that very moment and forgot Shakira existed:o after a year I became a hc stan. 

However, I've had phases of get bored of Britney's zero activity but never started to like someone else because of it; just stopped checking Britney news. 

But I like many artists besides Britney ofc, Mariah, Madonna, Rihanna, Ariana etc. 

I stan Shakira.

• Like 1

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

no one can replace my queen but some of the gals i've found that have material that's held me over:

aaliyah - probably the most britney-esque singer that isn't britney. she was like the black, proto-type of brit. i would've loved to have seen them collab if she hadn't passed away, feel like it would've happened. she was supposed to perform at the vmas the year she died...imagine a britney-aaliyah double snake performance of slave 4 u & we need a resolution as a medley...i quake at the thought

slayyyter - an outright britney fan, also very inspired by women like paris, christina, nelly furtado, jessica simpson, and...heidi montag lmaoooo but anyway i love her. very interesting artist and excited to see where she goes (she has a cover of everytime also)

liz - a lil bit of 90's max martin britney

charli xcx and tove lo - both very unashamed, twitchy sounding dance pop type musicians

...and jessica simpson, because.  :lowkeyno:

also love me some Ta-Nasha...what good taste britney has picking TaNasha for a song with her

Yes Aaliyah was everything I love her music so much.

16 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Honestly? Never

Well I became a fan of Shakira first, when I discovered her in 2010 with Waka, Waka, and I was on my way to become her stan, but that never happened once I discovered Britney (through Womanizer mv:uknowit:)

She took my heart that very moment and forgot Shakira existed:o after a year I became a hc stan. 

However, I've had phases of get bored of Britney's zero activity but never started to like someone else because of it; just stopped checking Britney news. 

But I like many artists besides Britney ofc, Mariah, Madonna, Rihanna, Ariana etc. 

Oh and I forgot to mention, I really loved Duffy for a while back in 2011, again before I've discovered Britney music. I was obsessed with her Mercy, Well well well and Warwick avenue. 

I think the thing with me is that I've always prefered blonde girls as my #1s, Shakira, Duffy then Britney. Also what I didn't mention that besides Britney and all these pop girls I really "stan" Marilyn Monroe, although she passed in 1962.

Actually, I would put her as my 2nd, behind Britney. It's a different type of pop culture, she was an old Hollywood actress, but has a lot in common with Britney if u ask me. That's probably why I love her so much. 

• Like 1
Just now, Lil Jay said:

Oh and I forgot to mention, I really loved Duffy for a while back in 2011, again before I've discovered Britney music. I was obsessed with her Mercy, Well well well and Warwick avenue. 

I think the thing with me is that I've always prefered blonde girls as my #1s, Shakira, Duffy then Britney. Also what I didn't mention that besides Britney and all these pop girls I really "stan" Marilyn Monroe, although she passed in 1962.

Actually, I would put her as my 2nd, behind Britney. It's a different type of pop culture, she was an old Hollywood actress, but has a lot in common with Britney if u ask me. That's probably why I love her so much. 

I started off as a Celine Dion fan while my other friends were Mariah and Madonna fans. And then Britney came along and gave me something Celine didn't. I stanned both all these years but lately Celine is giving me everything she used to AND everything Britney hasn't been giving me esp after BJ and The FreeBritneyMovement. I've also started stanning my friends idols. But never actually gave up on Britney even though i think this really may be the end and Glory was her last era. 

• Like 1
On 2/25/2020 at 10:44 PM, MidnightCarlisy said:

I know we all love Brit but has there been any other singer that has made you forget you were once a stan? I know call me traitor but I aint waiting around for Brit to release new bops okay, so i'm confessing I once, a very long time ago started to stan Lady Gaga and stopped caring for anything Britney related but now I see the light and have come back so is there anybody for you?  you know you'r side piece ?:haha:

britney-spears-leave.jpg

Primeney actually made me lose interest in current Britney 

• Like 2

I love Britney and always will but it’s hard to be a fan with everyone making fun of you for your idol. People need to let her not post on Instagram she looks crazy and I’m sorry ugly *** **** it’s like girl get it together. Like Amanda  Nunes looks better. I want my fierce ***** back