How old were you when you realized you were LGBTQ+?

WeatherBOI

I realized I was gay when I was 10. There was a TV show that came on after AGT called Playboy Club, which my parents said I couldn't watch

I googled Playboy and thought it was kinda gross, but then I googled Playgirl (yes that's a thing) and I remember it feeling like I had been hit by a truck, I knew then I wasn't straight, it was so powerful

I got my first crush a year later

What are your stories?

Keep them SFW so the mods don't close another topic of mine ;) 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I looked up **** on my own, I decided to look at gay **** instead of straight ****. I must have been like 10 or 11. I don't know what, but something told me to click on "gay", so I did. I still remember one of the **** stars that I fell head over heels for. It was Fernando Kairon. :makeitrain: Then I proceeded to continue watching gay **** for years while telling myself that I was straight. That's the power of denial. :eeek: I was 15 when I finally accepted it. :) This is going to sound super cliché, but even in primary school I always suspected that I was a little different. At least compared to the rest of the boys. :thinkney:

I always knew deep inside of me that I was into both girls and guys, but I didn't really think about it in terms of actual attraction and I didn't know there was a term for it. It just felt like a natural thing and I assumed everyone was like this until sometime in elementary school. Eventually I heard about someone being bisexual when I was 11 or 12 and instantly knew that word described me. 

As early as I can remember, so like 2 or 3. I saw a nude man in a movie and knew i liked it. I had crushes on my older brothers friends when I was like 3/4. I started ******** experimenting with my guy friends when I was 10, a few years later I started sleeping with adult men and that's when I 100% knew I was gay! :clap1:

Lol imagine discovering your sexuality in an age before cellphones and prime time tv regularly portraying LGBTQ characters. I do. I can't remember when i first realized, but i do remember crushing on boys in films and series and getting shut down by my cousins when i tried to talk about it. That's when i learned that it was something abnormal.  Something to keep to myself. It was years later that i learned the word "gay" (once again thrown at me by my peers as a slur). That was when i found out there are others like me in the world but without social media, it took a while longer before i actually found some of them. My cousin was the first and became my best friend, together we struggled through out first crushes, our first ****** experiences, our first dates, first relationships, first heartbreaks, first renouncing our homosexuality and joining a church and finally our final acceptance of who we are and who we will always be and finally, unapologetically but politely, coming out to our familes. I was 25 then. 

i questioned my gender on and off for a while; i would say about age 6 and age 14-15 especially. thought maybe i wanted to be a girl the first time and maybe genderqueer or something the second time. i grew out of both and they were just part of my development, i identify completely as a man as an adult (im not offended when i get called ma'am, which if often, tho)

i had a weird draw to boys as far back as 2nd-3rd grade. I had a huge crush on my friend like i liked him so much and i wanted to be his boyfriend lmao. i remember being so weirdly drawn to gay things in media. part of britney (and pop music in general) being so important to me is they helped that stuff come through and develop. i was in 3rd grade when blackout came out and had the CD, and that was also when i learned what bisexual meant and decided i must be that even tho like i obviously wasn't ~*~********~*~ developed yet (i was a very early bloomer though so i already was like...basically i was at where most ppl are at age 14 in mental aspects by that point lmfao) but knew i liked boys. i kind of drifted out and didn't pay attention to it again until sixth grade when i was, you know, a teenager in full swing and realized oh i like boys. i really like boys. so i came out in sixth grade as bisexual (first boy in my entire school's grade level to be out xoxo) bc i assumed i liked girls...keyword assumed loooool.

though tbh i kind of think i AM bisexual now and just have to get past some teenage traumatic events involving a girl that i only acknowledged that i didn't fully consent to recently. i finally admitted to my bf that i was r*ped last fall bc i felt safe doing it and it's kind of changing my thoughts. don't think i would want to marry a girl tho.

my bf just came out as trans (there were some precursors but he very much was confused himself and still is some) and is wearing women's clothing. still has me refer to him as he and by his birthname for the moment being but yea. gotta work up to saying she and girlfriend...

On 2/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I knew I was gay when I was 7. There was this boy across the street that I madly wanted to kiss. He was so cute and we were both friends and the same age. I wonder if he ever thought the same about me...  

Sounds like this could be a new verse in Britney's"Dear Diary" :)

Archived