What are your transcendental music experiences?

WeatherBOI

I visited NYC over the weekend, and on the tedious bus ride there and back I curated a playlist to enhance my experience

When the sun was starting to set, I listened to:

When the sun was below the horizon and there was orange glow that filled the sky I switched it to:

When it got fully dark and we were driving by city lights I turned it to

Finally, when we were driving through the outskirts of the Pine Barrens of New Jersey with no other traffic, I listened to

and thought of creepy things

It was amazing

Do any of you guys have experiences where music became part of your surroundings?

music-transcedental.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this counts but as a freshman I used to always listen to the OIDIA album on the bus to school and idk why but it would really make me feel like i was a highschooler in the year 2000 boppin to Britney on my walkman. I don’t really know how to describe it but it really felt like I was in that year and I felt so comfy. It sort of made me sad  :tifftear: I’m so yearnful for the 2000-2007ish era. Maybe because I’m a senior now thinking about how nice things were back then :wontcry:

1 minute ago, Brunetteknee said:

Not sure if this counts but as a freshman I used to always listen to the OIDIA album on the bus to school and idk why but it would really make me feel like i was a highschooler in the year 2000 boppin to Britney on my walkman. I don’t really know how to describe it but it really felt like I was in that year and I felt so comfy. It sort of made me sad  :tifftear: I’m so yearnful for the 2000-2007ish era. Maybe because I’m a senior now thinking about how nice things were back then :wontcry:

Nostalgia music is often sad

I’ve told this story before but I’ll tell it again lol. Glory came out a day before I was going on vacation in Hawaii. I purposely didn’t listen until I got on the plane cause I thought it would be more exciting. I started listening as soon as the plane took off. Listening to Initiation for the first time as I’m flying into the sky was soooo euphoric. Now whenever I hear it I think of a plane taking off. 

1 minute ago, Sinned_88 said:

I was listening to Blackout on the bus back in '07 and Get Naked was playing and Britney sang "Quarter past three and ready to leave the party" and I look at my watch and it was exactly a quarter past three :unreal:

Iconic moment! :cardi:

I'm still waiting for mine where it goes if i get on top, you're gonna lose your mind as it's happening in real time. :bcutelaugh:

8 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

Omg, that would be iconic! I always imaged having *** while Breathe On Me was playing, but it has yet to happen :lollipop:

When will we everrrr. There's just sooo many iconic lyrics to be experienced in real life. :crying3:

And ever since 2007 I've been daydreaming of "the boy i'm currently seeing is 6 foot 3 and too possessive." I've been with a lot of possessive guys but i've only ever dated 6 foot 0s and 6 foot 1s. I've yet too reach that height. :crying1:

7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

When will we everrrr. There's just sooo many iconic lyrics to be experienced in real life. :crying3:

And ever since 2007 I've been daydreaming of "the boy i'm currently seeing is 6 foot 3 and too possessive." I've been with a lot of possessive guys but i've only ever dated 6 foot 0s and 6 foot 1s. I've yet too reach that height. :crying1:

I'm sure you'll meet him one day and kiss him all over :brityes:

1 minute ago, Sinned_88 said:

Usually, if you don't look for them, they'll cross your path. Keep the faith! :bwink:

But i never look for them. And it's really not a big deal to me what their height is honestly as long as they're still taller than me - and its very easy to achieve that. :bcutelaugh: But it would be such an iconic moment if i had that Kiss You All Over fantasy. Ughhhhhh :makeitrain:

Archived