What were some major career blunders made by your favorite singers?

Jordan Miller

Hilary Duff- taking such a long hiatus from music only to come back with a twangy indie sound of Chasing the Sun/ All About You, instead of releasing Sparks as the comeback single and giving us Dignity 2.0...oh and not touring BIBO

Nicki Minaj- not genuinely embracing other female rappers throughout her career, the Cardi feud which led to the Nicki Hate Train and I feel she never came back from that (from a GP stand).

Normani- After the Motivation video went viral and she had the VMA performance, she disappeared instead of taking the momentum of the success and really push that single to the forefront of the mainstream. With no new solo music, she's already being forgotten and she has so much potential to be great. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Spice Girls - Geri Halliwell leaving before their third album was completed and released so that they could reunite and do their own things along the way.  Mel B not releasing a good solo album and attempting RnB when she didn't have the vocals for that genre. 

Britney Spears - her early albums deserved more singles.  Also, should have recorded 2 more albums before she became oversexualized. 

Jessica Simpson - her uptempos needed more work -she had great ballads. 

Shania Twain - She needs another album with Mutt Lange even though they are divorced lol

Irresistible was my favorite album of hers. Her uptempo songs were the best on that album. 

2 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

"What's It Gonna Be" was my ****! 

How did I forget that one?? Lol The bridge backing vocals are so cringe tho lol I know in my haaaaaart 

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Excuse me but A Little Bit is a bop! It's not as amazing as Irresistible but it's still a good song! Haha! ❤

I liked it at the time but it dated horribly and the music video looks bad now lol.  It's just not Jessica 

2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

A Public Affair is so close to being great but there is something missing.  I like most of the songs but it misses the mark.  The album is a guilty pleasure for me. 

I'll have to give it a re-listen. I listened to it when it came out and remember not like it. Maybe my taste have changed. Do you have any standout tracks beside the two singles?

I like Take My Breath Away too but I just think Angels was already the superior remake and superior ballad. I remember always getting carried away by so much emotion whenever I sing that song the Jessica Simpson way. :crying3:

5 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Oh I forgot that song. Yaaas! I always felt like that was JSimp's "Breathe On Me". 

Thank goodness I saved you from completely hating A Public Affair:bcutelaugh:

11 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I'll have to give it a re-listen. I listened to it when it came out and remember not like it. Maybe my taste have changed. Do you have any standout tracks beside the two singles?

"Walking Round In A Circle"  she said she and John Mayer recorded a version but it never got released lol. "If I Was You Were Mine", "BOY","The Lover In Me" , "Back To You", "I don't want to care"

Archived