Jessica talks about Britney, ironically says she "owns herself"

jordeezy river red

I love 2020 Jessica 

"I think everybody's careers have their own unique stories, and I love that Britney owns herself, Christina owns herself, and they don't let the world control them," she said. "They just are themselves, and that's who I am as well."

"We grew up in a very competitive environment when it came to our record labels and being pushed to do things that were unnecessary for success."

"Everybody has found their own way, in such a beautiful, inspiring way," she added. "I just love it that everybody has remained authentically who they are. There's so much room at the top! I mean, think about how many people are in heaven! Come on."

"There's a lot of room at the top and I am happy to share any top slot with anybody. But the fact that I'm even considered at the top is a very funny thing, because I'm a dreamer, so I have more things to do."

jessica-simpson-britney.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She does own herself. I can see the irony given the legal constraints, but she’s very raw and real. That’s why so many people give her ****. Her hairs not brushed and last weeks eyeliner is still on and she sometimes talks nonsense but guess what? That’s who she is. THATS authenticity. She’s not out there living a facade of a superstar, making herself a martyr, or comparing herself to mother Mary (looking at you Gaga, Taylor Beyonce) she is just a human being who has this magnanimous quality that makes her one.   I respect the hell out of her for that and that’s why I’ll always be a fan. 

Archived