I’m sad ☹️ which Britney songs can give me strength?

JP9101

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't Cry from the iconic personal urban album, Britney Jean.

Whatever it is that you're feeling right now, i hope you find strength and know that your Exhale family is always here. ❤❤❤

I know it's a breakup song but there's something about it that's so uplifting. Listen to the track here.

21 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Whatever it is that you're feeling right now, i hope you find strength and know that your Exhale family is always here. ❤❤❤

I know it's a breakup song but there's something about it that's so uplifting. Listen to the track here.

This is my go to album whenever I’m feeling down or emotional 💖

4 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

This is my go to album whenever I’m feeling down or emotional 💖

There really is something about Britney Jean that is very... sad. Like, somber. And that is maybe the magic of the album, it's cathartic. Even if it's half filled with bangers, there's something about it that feels empty. But that's what's uplifting about it too because when we're sad, we like to listen to sad songs. or is it just me? It feels like your oldest friend (just trust the voice within) empathizing with you and just sits beside you while you pour your heart out. Am i making sense? :crying3:

I hope OP is okay. ❤

7 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

There really is something about Britney Jean that is very... sad. Like, somber. And that is maybe the magic of the album, it's cathartic. Even if it's half filled with bangers, there's something about it that feels empty. But that's what's uplifting about it too because when we're sad, we like to listen to sad songs. or is it just me? It feels like your oldest friend (just trust the voice within) empathizing with you and just sits beside you while you pour your heart out. Am i making sense? :crying3:

I hope OP is okay. ❤

Yes I completely agree, it speaks to me like no other albums of hers in that sense. I choose to look past the whole Myah Jean malarkey when I want to seek it out for that reason, just to enjoy it for what it is in that moment.

I also hope you’re okay @JP9101. If you’re looking for other Britney distractions, try a documentary or a podcast on her perhaps?

13 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I choose to look past the whole Myah Jean malarkey when I want to seek it out for that reason, just to enjoy it for what it is in that moment.

If i'm being really honest, i was never fazed at all about the Myah Marie thing. Like, i'm in denial. It's just at the back of brain. I mean, sure i'm embarrassed as a fan whenever it gets brought up because it's truly embarrassing but whenever I think of BJ, Myah Marie doesn't even cross my mind and that is the honest truth. Most of the time, i'll just join in on the fun when I see fans slandering BJ on Twitter like its such a mess and all that. Literally, a bandwagoner. It's a fun inside joke to have within the fandom. I'll still rank it last but it has and will never be because it's not 100% sung by her or about Myah Marie. BJ is still better than your average pop album. ❤

@JP9101 hope you're ok there.

Well Stronger is an option, but it depends on the kind of sad you're feeling. So are songs like What U See (Is What U Get), Lonely, I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman, Circus, Hold On Tight, Don't Cry and Alien.

These are all uplifting anthems (atleast some). I'd also suggest listening to positive songs such as Sometimes, I Will Be There or some other song.

I would also suggest Katy Perry's discography, which is packed with motivational and uplifting songs. For example, Firework, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Part Of Me, Wide Awake, Roar, Love Me, This Moment, Rise, Power, Into Me You See etc.

Sending love 💙❤️💙

25 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

If i'm being really honest, i was never fazed at all about the Myah Marie thing. Like, i'm in denial. It's just at the back of brain. I mean, sure i'm embarrassed as a fan whenever it gets brought up because it's truly embarrassing but whenever I think of BJ, Myah Marie doesn't even cross my mind and that is the honest truth. Most of the time, i'll just join in on the fun when I see fans slandering BJ on Twitter like its such a mess and all that. Literally, a bandwagoner. It's a fun inside joke to have within the fandom. I'll still rank it last but it has and will never be because it's not 100% sung by her or about Myah Marie. BJ is still better than your average pop album. ❤

@JP9101 hope you're ok there.

I actually wouldn’t have realised it if no one pointed it out, I feel like such a flop fan but I honestly struggle to distinguish their voices apart :searching:

25 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Well Stronger is an option, but it depends on the kind of sad you're feeling. So are songs like What U See (Is What U Get), Lonely, I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman, Circus, Hold On Tight, Don't Cry and Alien.

These are all uplifting anthems (atleast some). I'd also suggest listening to positive songs such as Sometimes, I Will Be There or some other song.

I would also suggest Katy Perry's discography, which is packed with motivational and uplifting songs. For example, Firework, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Part Of Me, Wide Awake, Roar, Love Me, This Moment, Rise, Power, Into Me You See etc.

Sending love 💙❤️💙

Amazing choices :makeitrain:

32 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I feel like such a flop fan but I honestly struggle to distinguish their voices apart 

Haha! It takes getting used to, but once you know, you'll know. You really just have to listen to it maybe 3 to 5 times with a lot of focus and you'll eventually get it and your brain will just save all the data. :cutebrit:

• Super Mods

I will Be There, always lift up my spirits. Her bright vocals just gives a great optimistic feel so even if I’m in tears by the end of the song, it always feel like smiling. It’s as if Britney is telling that everything is going to be okay “when you’re feeling low baby let me know and I will be there” simple words but it’s so powerful and comforting. And I love the live versions she sounds so sincere and I watch them when I’m down

17 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I love Britney Jean :makeitrain:

Don't Cry was my ringtone for several years

but bth, any Britney song puts me in a good mood, except maybe SMS :excuseu:

Archived