New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Britney's Onyx Hotel Tour OFFICIAL DVD?

bitbitboi

R-5633366-1398521807-9133.jpeg.jpg

Hey guys. About Britney's Onyx Hotel Tour... What I've always known or understood is that it was never fully filmed by her team, right? Kinda like Madonna's Blonde Ambition Tour? I'm bringing this up because I saw someone on Instagram posting a DVD of this tour by a label/record company called Immortal (?), and claming that it was official. I sure as heck know it isn't. For example, in Discogs.com it says that Immortal "specializes in releasing unreleased (mainly live) recordings from well known artists. These releases are not official issues."
However, the DVD page on Discogs also says that this was released "with an official permission of Britney's label Sony Music. Apart from the DVD, an audio CD of the concert has also been released." WHAT?
I don't know if you guys care about these details but I do. I don't even know where they took that recording from, or who did it, let alone have I seen it! Have you? Do you know anything about it?

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Why would we need an official DVD when we already have the "Britney Spears Live from Miami" Onyx Hotel Tour special on Showtime? and the Rock in Rio. I'm guessing from the cover, it says "Live in Miami" so maybe they just made it into a DVD but it's just the Showtime tv special. :cutebrit:

• Like 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Why would we need an official DVD when we already have the "Britney Spears Live from Miami" Onyx Hotel Tour special on Showtime? and the Rock in Rio. I'm guessing from the cover, it says "Live in Miami" so maybe they just made it into a DVD but it's just the Showtime tv special. :cutebrit:

We need a physical release because they’re fun to have and have a certain magic about them. Like, the DVD is real and in your hands and it’s not gonna go away. I dunno, I love looking through my collection and choosing my favorite cd singles and DVDs to enjoy. Plus, Britney is Iconic and her work needs to be preserved in high quality hard copy! I do watch her videos on YouTube and stuff but it’s a special moment as a fan to choose something and take it out of a case and enjoy it. Booklets with lyrics and credits are cool too. I remember when I unwrapped my Blackout cd and played it for the first time, my hand was literally shaking as I put it into my player, it was a holy experience. Maybe I’m old but I like it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
39 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

We need a physical release because they’re fun to have and have a certain magic about them. Like, the DVD is real and in your hands and it’s not gonna go away. I dunno, I love looking through my collection and choosing my favorite cd singles and DVDs to enjoy. Plus, Britney is Iconic and her work needs to be preserved in high quality hard copy! I do watch her videos on YouTube and stuff but it’s a special moment as a fan to choose something and take it out of a case and enjoy it. Booklets with lyrics and credits are cool too. I remember when I unwrapped my Blackout cd and played it for the first time, my hand was literally shaking as I put it into my player, it was a holy experience. Maybe I’m old but I like it. 

Oh sorry. ❤ I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about not having a physical release. I meant, we don't need for her label to release an official physical release because we already have the Showtime special that we can either burn to DVD ourselves or buy it online. It's in DVD form so we can still obsess over it. I feel the same way about marvelling at our collection. I do that too. And i display them in a very pretty shelf for people to see cause i'm a showoff like that. But, as i said, we can always buy a fanmade DVD of the Showtime special. It is official in a way that that tv special was part of the ITZ era so that solves our need for an official OHT DVD. And we can also have Rock in Rio in DVD if we want to. ❤ I just think there's no need to obsess over an OHT DVD because we already have not one but two professionally recorded videos of the OHT. As opposed to the Circus Tour where we literally don't have anything but fancams. I'd rather we focus obsessing over that than the OHT. :sendinglove:

🦄 💛🧡💜

2 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I have the DVD and CD, definitely not official.  The packaging is good quality. It has good photos of the show and a nice little bio from BOMT through the onyx hotel tour. I love the CD, it has the onyx intro audio too!

Which source did they use for the DVD, the HD one (widescreen)? Or the old one with the black bars on the sides? 

10 hours ago, SuperRhaj said:

I read somewhere the reason there was never a physical release of OHT was because Jive couldn’t get the sound right. Which... :frenchy: 

Not unlike Circus, their excuse that time had something to do with the screens?

:tiffeyeroll:

Audio mixing in the miami special is off (there wasn't any sense of priority with the tracks bar the vocals), and the circus tour didn't have a professional release as the 360 screens had an issue with copy right from i think Coldplay/U2's tours. I forget if they're the correct bands tho lol