BTS' MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 #1 on the Billboard 200, reportedly the second biggest debut of all-time worldwide

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Their stardom is insane, and fans will do anything to support them. 

Their new album, out now, reportedly sold 3 million worldwide in its first day. That's the second biggest debut of all time (after Adele). :OMGney: 

It easily hits #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart in the US this week with 422,000 equivalent album units (347,000 of which are physical album sales in-part thanks to a ticket-bundle). Source

I-

bts-map.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Good for them :clap: They're really hardworking people. The album is good. My favourite songs from the new bunch is Filter, Louder than bombs, We are bulletproof the eternal and ON. Their performances are insane and I like reading the translations of their lyrics cause they touch on many subjects that i rarely see being featured in pop music. ON is a grower for sure. I think I prefer the normal version over the Sia one :mhm:

• Like 2
  • Leader
On 2/23/2020 at 2:16 PM, IUSAtonight said:

Good for them :clap: They're really hardworking people. The album is good. My favourite songs from the new bunch is Filter, Louder than bombs, We are bulletproof the eternal and ON. Their performances are insane and I like reading the translations of their lyrics cause they touch on many subjects that i rarely see being featured in pop music. ON is a grower for sure. I think I prefer the normal version over the Sia one :mhm:

Soo good.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Aizmov said:

The boys started as wanna-be's in Korea, they were hated and laughed upon, called bad names like "pigs" and "cows" for just being few pounds more than the "ideal weight", most of the members were facing depression because of all the attacks they have been receiving.

Many people dont seem to realize that under all the good stuff Korea makes sure to show the world, the country per se is a very harsh one. Specially on social subjects that are very important these days and affect many of their own youth. They dont listen, they dont want you talking, they dont want you showing, they want you to stay quiet and follow the rules. Its very sad.

I remember people used to say the same words about CL from 2ne1 or worst. But it happened that she always had a strong personality and didnt let that affect her in a bigger extent. I dont know much about BTS, but I always admire this side of things and how they communicate to their fans. Its very powerful, a true masterclass on how to manage and treat a fanbase. In a country where idols suffer a lot, to the point some commit suicide, them taking this position has shown that artists are also people, and people rather famous or not need to be heard :mhm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

They dont listen, they dont want you talking, they dont want you showing, they want you to stay quiet and follow the rules. Its very sad.

That's why I really love ITZY (a girl group that debuted last year). Their whole message is about standing out, being different and making your own rules. I'm sure a lot of their fans are really young too and it's great to see such a message being spread in a society that tends to celebrate conformity over anything else. Things are changing. :)

Good for them. K-Pop artists have really been putting in the work to get recognition. 

I can say I’ve never heard any of BTS’s songs. I enjoy lyrics and don't speak Korean so that might be why. I even skip the Halsey track they’re featured on 🤣. I know that K-Pop artists drop some words in english here and there but it doesn’t do much for me. The visuals that I’ve seen are mind blowing though.

They play K-Pop at dumpling and dim sum restaurants in San Francisco so thats where I’ve heard/seen music videos etc. I can see the appeal for others but I have my own tastes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block