Britney Spears scents discontinued?

Tyetiana30

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i just say... that customer service representatives will not divulge an information such as "Oh i'm sorry but Revlon already bought Elizabeth Arden that's why we are no longer distributing these perfumes." They would never say such a thing. She answered your question correctly because that's what really happened. But she would not go beyond that and say "so you know, the gag is that... Revlon bought Arden." I'm just saying, you don't have to know these things but if you say you work in the fragrance industry, you would've heard about the news and not stumble upon it on some website. And maybe you would not have been in this state of panic in the first place. ❤❤❤

3 hours ago, maquisl said:

WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?!  I love her perfumes!

If her team destroys them too, then I'm officially flying to the US to kill Jamie and Lou. :letitburn:

I don't know if it's relatd but... I'm not from the US and her perfumes are even harder to find nowadays. I wanted to buy Private Show last Christmas but all of them (Well, the few ones that were on sale: Fantasy, MF, FT, RFF, Stage Ed and PV) were out of stock, and now you can only find a few of them but in 50ml.  :tiffanycries:

Same. I can only get them in the airport and not even all of them, only Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy :kyliecry:

23 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Am I the only one that doesnt care?? I never really liked the scents (too sweet for me) and all of the photoshoots and commercials since 2012 have been bad anyway. :surething: Sorry to the people who used the scents a lot tho. That sucks.

Same. I don't like the smell of them, generally. Like, it's not my taste. I prefer real perfume like Chanel. Buuut, i will say... that, i use Midnight Fantasy and Fantasy whenever i feel like just wanting to deviate from my usual everyday programming. You know what i mean? Haha! We all have those days. I just collect them cause it's Britney (*****). :bcutelaugh:

48 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Same. I don't like the smell of them, generally. Like, it's not my taste. I prefer real perfume like Chanel. Buuut, i will say... that, i use Midnight Fantasy and Fantasy whenever i feel like just wanting to deviate from my usual everyday programming. You know what i mean? Haha! We all have those days. I just collect them cause it's Britney (*****). :bcutelaugh:

Yeah i get it + scents smell different on everyone. I once really liked Fantasy on someone else but it smells terrible on me. I alos prefer "real" perfume. Britneys to me are just usually so sweet that it seems like "kids perfume" TO ME.

I used to buy all of them just because they were from Britney and then later on because I hate only having parts of a collection. So I threw all of them away I think 2 years ago to make sure I dont buy any more lol.

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

because If I have some of them I NEED ALL OF THEM so I wouldnt have been able to stop buying lol.

I feel that. I'm like that too most of the time with other things. :bcutelaugh:

Wait, so you literally threw them in the trash? For real? :gaspney: You didn't even bother to ask your friends or sisters or cousins or gay friends if they wanted it? You missed an opportunity for a good deed! 

7 hours ago, Tyetiana30 said:

The only fantasy scents that really stuck with me are fantasy classic , midnight and intimate fantasy the others weren’t for me 

Ah I see. To me, Intimate Edition smelt too similar to the original dd. I love Circus Fantasy and Island Fantasy. 

22 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

I feel that. I'm like that too most of the time with other things. :bcutelaugh:

Wait, so you literally threw them in the trash? For real? :gaspney: You didn't even bother to ask your friends or sisters or cousins or gay friends if they wanted it? You missed an opportunity for a good deed! 

lol It was one of those decisions yu make at 2am while cleaning your room lol. I was cleaning the bottles and just all of a sudden had enough and threw them out :unreal: i dont regret it tho. Saving me money in the future because now if I buy one of her new perfumes i "have to" buy ALL of the perfumes I threw away and im not doing that lol.

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

lol It was one of those decisions yu make at 2am while cleaning your room lol. I was cleaning the bottles and just all of a sudden had enough and threw them out i dont regret it tho.

But did you even cry afterwards or feel bad? I mean, yeah i get it you don't regret it but i can't imagine what i would feel if i were to throw away my Britney stuff. :wontcry: 

1 hour ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

But did you even cry afterwards or feel bad? I mean, yeah i get it you don't regret it but i can't imagine what i would feel if i were to throw away my Britney stuff. :wontcry: 

honestly it was very "freeing" I collect a lot of **** and I got rid of my DVD collection, CD collection, anything Britney/Christina/Marvel related and now I have so much space and dont feel the urge to buy new **** that I dont need all the time. Its great. I would literally go out and buy all of these things just because they were related to a topic and never use them. I still have all of my Britney and Christina CDs and DVDs and Cassettes tho. I was too sentimental for that.

18 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

honestly it was very "freeing" I collect a lot of **** and I got rid of my DVD collection, CD collection, anything Britney/Christina/Marvel related and now I have so much space and dont feel the urge to buy new **** that I dont need all the time. Its great. I would literally go out and buy all of these things just because they were related to a topic and never use them. I still have all of my Britney and Christina CDs and DVDs and Cassettes tho. I was too sentimental for that.

Wait, so you did keep it, the cds and dvds and tapes? Okay good. Phew. Actually those are what really matters. The music. ❤ I kinda did the same thing too, last year, getting rid of a lot of stuff that i kept for sentimental purposes but aren't adding anything to my life. But I could never get rid of my cds (even the non-Britney and Xtina ones) cause i'm a show off. :bcutelaugh:

I think the celebrity fragrance thing has potentially run its course. I think that may have something to do with it now. 
Which makes it surprising that J.Lo is releasing a new one.

It's disappointing to hear about the Britney fragrances, though. Maybe I'll try to grab a Curious gift set if I see it. I've had the same bottle of Curious since it came out…

2 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Wait, so you did keep it, the cds and dvds and tapes? Okay good. Phew. Actually those are what really matters. The music. ❤ I kinda did the same thing too, last year, getting rid of a lot of stuff that i kept for sentimental purposes but aren't adding anything to my life. But I could never get rid of my cds (even the non-Britney and Xtina ones) cause i'm a show off. :bcutelaugh:

Oh those were hard to get rid of because I had hundreds of CDs and DVDs. But once all of those bookshelves were empty I was really happy. Only have Britney and Christinas left now because those two were so important to me throughout my life.

3 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

I think the celebrity fragrance thing has potentially run its course. I think that may have something to do with it now. 
Which makes it surprising that J.Lo is releasing a new one.

It's disappointing to hear about the Britney fragrances, though. Maybe I'll try to grab a Curious gift set if I see it. I've had the same bottle of Curious since it came out…

I think Britney could still see success if she keeps releasing new ones though to help keep the brand alive (same with JLo as hers have also been very successful). It's a shame the latest ones don't seem to be have been released in the US, although it looks like they still sell well in Europe.

I do think now it's the trend for celebs to do their own beauty brands e.g. Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and now Selena Gomez is launching Rare Beauty later this year. I wonder if Britney would ever do something similar.

41 minutes ago, Isla said:

I wonder if Britney would ever do something similar.

She could launch an athletic brand;  Maybe that was what they were thinking before with the lifestyle brand.

Why not?  Even if she doesn't need the money, might as well do it since everyone else is along with continuing to release perfumes.

20 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

She could launch an athletic brand;  Maybe that was what they were thinking before with the lifestyle brand.

Why not?  Even if she doesn't need the money, might as well do it since everyone else is along with continuing to release perfumes.

Yeah an athletic brand/gymwear would be cool, especially because Britney is very active herself anyway!

3 hours ago, Isla said:

Yeah an athletic brand/gymwear would be cool, especially because Britney is very active herself anyway!

It should be a no-brainier.  It's something people can legitimately see being realistic with Britney at this stage of her life.

Along with perfumes, this would be an indefinite stream of income for Britney, if she choses not to perform.  

Archived