Britney Spears scents discontinued?

Tyetiana30

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then, i guess that answers it. Revlon is the one making the perfumes since Prerogative which explains why EA said they discontinued it because it's the truth. But another company is continuing it though. The new owners, Revlon. Which is why we got Glitter Fantasy recently.

CASE CLOSED.

@Tear the floor up up well i don't know which ones to recommend since you said you like men's perfume. Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, and Hidden Fantasy are my top 3. I made a similar comparison in another thread before and i'll share it with you so you get the feel or personality of each scent.

Fantasy is like I'm a Slave 4 U. 💖 Midnight Fantasy is like Showdown. 💙 Hidden Fantasy is like Breathe On Me. ❤

9 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Well then, i guess that answers it. Revlon is the one making the perfumes since Prerogative which explains why EA said they discontinued it because it's the truth. But another company is continuing it though. The new owners, Revlon. Which is why we got Glitter Fantasy recently.

CASE CLOSED.

@Tear the floor up up well i don't know which ones to recommend since you said you like men's perfume. Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, and Hidden Fantasy are my top 3. I made a similar comparison in another thread before and i'll share it with you so you get the feel or personality of each scent.

Fantasy is like I'm a Slave 4 U. 💖 Midnight Fantasy is like Showdown. 💙 Hidden Fantasy is like Breathe On Me. ❤

Thank you! I'm tempted to try Hidden Fantasy. :werk:

1 hour ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Which scents are everyone's favourites? I've never bought one before and would like to try. I'm use to men's fragrances.
Obviously everyone has their own taste, but I'd love to try one before they go :wontcry:

If this is true, I'm really going to miss purposefully looking for her display photos when in shops like Boots and being proud of her.

My faves are Curious, Believe, the original Fantasy, Circus Fantasy and Island Fantasy. 

34 minutes ago, alienatedNey said:

yall its true that Britney Spears Fragrance is now under Revlon Inc. after the brand bought Elizabeth Arden. 

:endit: looks like I can continue living lmao

Oh well I guess that explains why Elizabeth Arden said they were ‘discontinued’ then - as in they are no longer producing them themselves. I still think ‘discontinued’ might have been the wrong term to use. 

@Tyetiana30 do you think you could post the screenshot of the convo you had with the EA rep for clarification? 

10 minutes ago, whoisit said:

So i spoke with my local retailer and he told me revlon handles her perfumes now and they are still being made. Which is actually correct since prerogative was put out under revlon.

Phew thank God we can all relax now. But not gonna lie all these new threads popping up since yesterday and getting us all in panic mode are kinda fun. :bcutelaugh:

1 hour ago, BreakTheIce90 said:

UK fans you can get 100ml of Prerogative for just under £13 with free postage on eBay! I purchased 4 just the other day 😍 I’m a guy and I’ve had so many compliments wearing it. Hope they don’t discontinue it 😭eBay 100ml Prerogative

Also I’ve just found Private show 100ml for £12 with free postage 👍🏻 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F351937834946

So, this is actually happening?... l seriously Love Britney’s perfumes. They are really good. She marked a shift in the fragrance industry and is responsible for bringing a more youthful following in fragrances. Before it was honestly all gramma perfume and European stuff your mom wore on a night out. Britney is iconic and it’s sad to hear they won’t be making them anymore. 

I Love Curious, OG Fantasy, Intimate, PS, Believe, Circus Fantasy, Midnight, in Control, and  Prerogative is good too. Some are a bit sweet or too juicy but most of her’s are very good for daytime wear and are soft and alluring over time. They build well and don’t smell like alcohol. It’s literally the end of an era. 

I honestly don't know what to think. I've read through the whole thread and can only speak of my own circumstances. I basically live in Hicksville so maybe that's the answer to it all. It's only thanks to the members of this forum I saw the reason for why I wasn't finding any of Britney's current perfumes around here. Can't find something in America if it's not being released here. I look at my local Walmart and it's pretty dry Britney wise. They at least had original Fantasy and Prerogative. They had both in perfume form and in the body sprays. Holiday time had a Fantasy box set and Curious box set. Everything's pretty much gone now. I only see original Fantasy, body sprays of Fantasy and Curious. They used to have more celeb fragrances and it seems like those have pretty much disappeared. Other than Fantasy, I see a couple of Ariana Grande's perfumes and a Paris Hilton perfume. The space has been cleared out and it's some brand I've never heard of taking up the space. 

I'm disappointed overall. I love going to the perfume aisle and it was bad enough they took the tester bottles away because ******** kept ripping the sprayers off and now the whole aisle just looks boring. 

Saw where a few comments talked about working in fragrances, what's happening with celeb fragrances? It does sound like they don't sell as well, what's bringing that on? Is it a case of people are irritated that a celeb can make $$$$ by slapping their name and image on these perfumes without being more involved? Changing tastes? New stuff coming out and the celeb perfume world just gets passed by?

5 minutes ago, glitterfalls said:

I honestly don't know what to think. I've read through the whole thread and can only speak of my own circumstances. I basically live in Hicksville so maybe that's the answer to it all. It's only thanks to the members of this forum I saw the reason for why I wasn't finding any of Britney's current perfumes around here. Can't find something in America if it's not being released here. I look at my local Walmart and it's pretty dry Britney wise. They at least had original Fantasy and Prerogative. They had both in perfume form and in the body sprays. Holiday time had a Fantasy box set and Curious box set. Everything's pretty much gone now. I only see original Fantasy, body sprays of Fantasy and Curious. They used to have more celeb fragrances and it seems like those have pretty much disappeared. Other than Fantasy, I see a couple of Ariana Grande's perfumes and a Paris Hilton perfume. The space has been cleared out and it's some brand I've never heard of taking up the space. 

I'm disappointed overall. I love going to the perfume aisle and it was bad enough they took the tester bottles away because ******** kept ripping the sprayers off and now the whole aisle just looks boring. 

Saw where a few comments talked about working in fragrances, what's happening with celeb fragrances? It does sound like they don't sell as well, what's bringing that on? Is it a case of people are irritated that a celeb can make $$$$ by slapping their name and image on these perfumes without being more involved? Changing tastes? New stuff coming out and the celeb perfume world just gets passed by?

I feel like everyone is moving on to makeup. Gaga, Rihanna and even Selena are all doing makeup palettes now

Archived