Britney releasing an album of cover songs (I’VE HEARD IT)

merden

9 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

To fulfill contractual obligations? She's still one album left on her contract, i think. So maybe they just want to get it over with so there won't be any pressure from the label anymore. Like when artists release a greatest hits album to fulfill their contract and get out of it asap.

She renewed her contract right after Britney Jean, and I remember from an interview (I think it was a British one, but when I search for it I never find it) she said she signed for 4 more albums, so she still has a couple of albums to release.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HardToForgetYa said:

But in that case a "Greatest Hits" would have been a easy way for them to make money or a concert on DVD/Blu-ray... something doesn't seem right here, if that's true, does that mean that they "forced" her to go to the studio and record these tracks? idk, i'm confused

Also it would be hard to do a cover of recent hits because they're still too big. Its career suicide. Not to mention all the clearance they need to do with the artists and songwriters for a 12 track covers album. That's a lot of logistics and i dont think RCA or her team would want to go through all that bullsh*t. They're too lazy and i don't think they'd want to make a lot of effort for an artist like Britney who's no longer in her prime and is kinda 'not relevant' anymore.

13 minutes ago, HardToForgetYa said:

I don't know what to think... Even tho i'm new here i've visited this forum (without creating my account) sometimes and if i'm not mistaken @It'sSamB!tch Leaked the Make Me multitracks, we're talking about a song that was released as a single and already copyrighted, yet, nothing has happened to him (and btw thanks for leaking the stems) i'd leak at least 1 full track, just so we know the whole thing is real (and you said that Britney want it to leak anyways)... also, what a bad marketing move if that's true, sorry but who the heck would buy an album full of covers especially after the whole #FreeBritney movement?

I did indeed and nothing happened because they don't care. They only care about Rebellion. They = her team. They didn't even do anything with the mass leaks of the Femme Fatale album or the leaks of 911, Rockstar, Strangest Love, Tell Me, When I Say So, Abroad or Everyday

1 minute ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Also it would be hard to do a cover of recent hits because they're still too big. Its career suicide. Not to mention all the clearance they need to do with the artists and songwriters for a 12 track covers album. That's a lot of logistics and i dont think RCA or her team would want to go through all that bullsh*t. They're too lazy and i don't think they'd want to make a lot ot effort for an artist like Britney who's no longer in her prime and is kinda 'not relevant' anymore.

This and tbh it would be impossible for people not to make comparisons and stuff like that (and for as much as i love Brit we all know she's not a great vocalist, or at least not anymore) so it would be a disaster even when it comes to reviews in my opinion!

9 minutes ago, Nickey said:

I was pretty sure it's just fake 5 minutes before but after reading yall's comments my mind is exploding already with more and more conspiracy theories about this, send help

giphy.gif

Me too! I'm really on the fence on this one. Everything kinda makes sense except for the actual snippet because i think its not her. It's too good to be her. I kinda want to have a conference meeting with all of you right now. :bedtime:

1 minute ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I did indeed and nothing happened because they don't care. They only care about Rebellion. They = her team. They didn't even do anything with the mass leaks of the Femme Fatale album or the leaks of 911, Rockstar, Strangest Love, Tell Me, When I Say So, Abroad or Everyday

Exactly! so i'm pretty sure they wouldn't even care if one of these tracks gets leaked... Imagine being worried if someone leaks a cover of a song that it's already very popular lol

I dunno what to believe anymore. I would kinda love a cover album. The little clip does sound a bit like her, especially “Boy..” but these rumors and supposed insider stuff come along all the time. It would be a cool move and something new for her. I don’t know about doing recent covers though. I’d rather hear her sing some amazing older songs, like her Bonnie cover. That was beautiful. If this guy has the songs, and Britney wants them out then I say let them go and leak them. I’d burn them onto a CD reallllll quick too. 

But also out of respect to the artists involved and all, if this is a genuine album project then we should not leak anything. Super Hungry for new Britney but it’s not cool to leak things. I dunno though, I’m conflicted. I want to hear stuff but wouldn’t want to mess up an official cd release. You know?

1 minute ago, HardToForgetYa said:

Exactly! so i'm pretty sure they wouldn't even care if one of these tracks gets leaked... Imagine being worried if someone leaks a cover of a song that it's already very popular lol

look at Lady Gaga...Stupid Love leaked a month ago and did they do anything? Did PCD do anything when React leaked? Yeah...no.

1 minute ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

look at Lady Gaga...Stupid Love leaked a month ago and did they do anything? Did PCD do anything when React leaked? Yeah...no.

Unless it’s a MAJOR MAJOR leak (like a film etc) I think the industry has come to terms with the fact that modern day leaks are unavoidable. I think both stupid love and react are possibly the worst dealt with leaks (promotion wise) in the industry though lol.

Just now, It'sSamB!tch said:

:truthtea: i'm not gonna lie i'd be very happy if that's true and the whole thing gets leaked but i'd be thrilled if it was a new song, unreleased stuff etc... Even tho what i really really want right now are the multitracks from Glory i'm still waiting for someone to leak them :britdrown:

Of course people can still get into trouble when leaks happen. The Rebel Heart guy remember? And Perez during Blackout? And remember even Michelle Bell was prohibited by her label to stop leaking more tracks after she leaked Money, Love, & Happiness after they caught wind that she leaked it. And she said that she's tied to a contract or whatever.

3 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Since it's a cover of Shallow, why don't anyone try throwing this topic over to GagaDaily? :thinkney: They'll investigate if Britney's team ever purchased the rights to cover the song

Yes! Also since we have a lot of members who are awesome with their sleuthing, i'm sure they can find the original owner of this cover -if its not Britney.

Archived