Break the Ice is better than Toxic

WeatherBOI

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not. It could be though. But the mastering of Break the Ice is not good. Even with The Singles Collection remastering - it's still not polished enough. Toxic's production is far superior and with the new remastered version, it sounds smoother. They really did a good job with The Singles Collection. :cutebrit:

3 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

It's not. It could be though. But the mastering of Break the Ice is not good. Even with The Singles Collection remastering - it's still not polished enough. Toxic's production is far superior and with the new remastered version, it sounds smoother. They really did a good job with The Singles Collection. :cutebrit:

Unpopular OPINION:

Break The Ice is overrated among the fandom, Toxic is underrated among the fandom.

Break The Ice is underrated among the GP, Toxic is overrated among the GP.

:cutebrit:

5 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Break The Ice is overrated among the fandom

I was gonna say this but I didn't want to get dragged because i know Break the Ice is very big. But thanks for saying this! I do think it's overrated and I honestly don't get why people are living for it. It's not a bad song but it's certainly not one of her best. Not even in the Top 10, if you ask me. :akii:

39 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

I enjoy Break The Ice so much more than Toxic but this is true. The mastering is weird and Toxic has a perfect production.

Break The Ice didnt really get a far shot, with not having a music video and Jive not supporting Britney at all during the time. She didn't want it to be a single if I remember correctly? Hot as Ice was meant to be the 3rd single...also why BTI was ignored up until POM Residency.

And I also prefer BTI to Toxic :demi:.

Some of you never had to play "In The Zone" on repeat for four years until Blackout was released and it shows. :joanne:

44 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Some of you never had to play "In The Zone" on repeat for four years until Blackout was released and it shows. 

You're right. I wasn't. I was listening to Britney because I stan. :bcutelaugh: I only really reconnected with In The Zone a few months before Blackout was released cause I was preparing/conditioning myself for the comeback. I overplayed Blackout already to the point that it's even more sickening to me than if I listen to Toxic. But even without all of that, I still think Toxic is better than Break the Ice

Also, love your avatar. I mean, yes I love Avatar - the show and that is why I love your avatar. Haha! :hahayea:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

You're right. I wasn't. I was listening to Britney because I stan. :bcutelaugh: I only really reconnected with In The Zone a few months before Blackout was released cause I was preparing/conditioning myself for the comeback. I overplayed Blackout already to the point that it's even more sickening to me than if I listen to Toxic. But even without all of that, I still think Toxic is better than Break the Ice

Also, love your avatar. I mean, yes I love Avatar - the show and that is why I love your avatar. Haha! :hahayea:

Britney was played out for 6 years at that point for me :cuteidk:

I actually let myself not play out Blackout, it's still slightly fresh for me besides the singles (I skip Piece of Me most of the time). Toxic is a better song that BTI. It just lost its allure for me. I overplayed it before it was even chosen as a single.

@Avatar

Taste! ❤ I only played In The Zone for about a month or two after it came out I was just 14 at the time so it was hard for me to connect with the sound. That's why I stuck with Britney throughout the entire breakdown. I only really started appreciating and connecting with In The Zone in 2006 cause I was already 17 at the time and ****** awakening and all that sh-t.

You skip Piece of Me??? :rupaulslap:

Omg! I also feel the same way but with Radar! That was the one song I played on repeat for about the entire gap between Blackout and Womanizer. I even had RadarRoxxy as my username in a gaming forum I was on at the time because I stan.  :gloria:

Archived