Britney Spears - You Oughta Know

Mxra

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

Simon Ellis wanted to upload it in his SoundCloud but her team stopped him. They didn't want to break the "live vocals" illusion, while it's crystal clear that she sang over a prerecorded studio track. 

54 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

It exists?! NEED

39 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

Ellis announced that he was about to upload it and then suddenly said "no no there's no studio VERSION I was kidding" :tifflmao:

Same exact thing happened with her version of Duffy's I'm Scared which was only played during the opening night

21 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Aw I really thought she sang those live. I guess Something To Talk About was pre-recorded as well...:disappointed:

I'm scared was prerecorded. She was supposed to be on stage, maybe something happened. You oughta know was also prerecorded, you can hear her singing over the track here and there (she sang it more prominently during the last show). Something to talk about was obviously live. 

3 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

Simon Ellis wanted to upload it in his SoundCloud but her team stopped him. They didn't want to break the "live vocals" illusion, while it's crystal clear that she sang over a prerecorded studio track. 

I’m pretty sure he said he only found the instrumental. Afterwards he said he wanted to see if he could find the version with the vocals, only to see it was sung live every night. Her team never stopped him from uploading the track, he just didn’t.

I'm Scared was clearly recorded. I didnt realize it was only played opening night. I was there. Her mic was off the entire night and only spoke after Womanizer to say thank you and good night.

And You Oughta Know was live at some point, You can tell the engineers werent use to figuring out how to manage live vocals with the track. Thats why it kept going in and out.

17 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

spill da truth

our girl obviously sang live but it was over some prerecorded vocals thats for sure and tbh it was perfection :rihannayas: will take that any time over 100% lipsynched vocals 

Even if she did you Oughta Know live, which could be possible, there has to be some kind of demo over there. If not, we wouldn't have Burning Up from the femme fatale tour.

Same happens with I'm Scared, but that one is 100% prerecorded since she wasn't even on stage when it was playing.

Her team ofc prevent these "leaks" when they are announced. Ellis should have released them without saying a word.

• Super Mods

I think she laid down vocals as a back up in case she needs it but I don’t doubt she sang the song live every time. Her voice doesn’t sound the same every time and is always the most shaky audio compared to the rest of the show so like someone said, the audio engineers are figuring out as they go how to adjust her voice. 

Archived