Do you use Spotify or Apple Music?

Jordan Miller

34 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Spotify. Top tier music recommendations. So many playlists, including by users. Great social features. Spotify Connect so I can listen on my computer while changing the song/volume from my phone or vice versa.

I’ve tried Apple Music and have wanted to like it, but the UI is worse. It’s slower to load songs. There’s no features comparable to Spotify Connect. And the music recommendations aren’t good. The only thing it has going for it is that you can integrate local files directly into your library, whereas in Spotify, the process is clunky and unreliable and you can only do it in a standalone playlist, not into your entire music library. 

I agree. Their music recommendations is amazing! I've found so many great and unknown artists thanks to Spotify suggestions.

I haven't tried Apple Music but it seems a bit complicated. I used to have iTunes back in the days and all the updates were annoying as ****.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Spotify. Top tier music recommendations. So many playlists, including by users. Great social features. Spotify Connect so I can listen on my computer while changing the song/volume from my phone or vice versa.

I’ve tried Apple Music and have wanted to like it, but the UI is worse. It’s slower to load songs. There’s no features comparable to Spotify Connect. And the music recommendations aren’t good. The only thing it has going for it is that you can integrate local files directly into your library, whereas in Spotify, the process is clunky and unreliable and you can only do it in a standalone playlist, not into your entire music library. 

THIS. The playlists, the recommendations, the year-end lists. It's everything. I LOVE the data part of it and knowing by the numbers what I was streaming. 

Archived