Sam Smith is postponing and renaming their album 'To Die For'

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Sam Smith was originally planning on releasing their new album To Die For in April. They confirmed that's no longer happening, nor will it be out in the very near future. 

Not sure why though seeing as everyone is at home and can listen to their new tunes. 

They explained in a post on IG.

“I‘m more proud of this album than anything I’ve ever done,” they tweeted of the news. “I’ve really set myself free the last two years whilst writing this & I hope you can dance and relate to these stories. It’s all for you, always xx.”

Are you excited for Sam's forthcoming album?

4b57eh3ugtp41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

sam-smith.jpg

I'm curious to see what all the wig theme and single is about, because the shop and everything looks like a drag fest, but the song is slow and "depressing" so it can be about something a tad more serious. :thinkney:

Or he could do like Ariana's NTLTC where it starts like a balad and all of a sudden it's an uptempo fun song. We'll see :orly:

• Like 1

"How Do You Sleep?" is one of my favorite songs..... ever.
I said ever.
But this new Sam seems exhausting to me. I wish people could be happy and content with just a tshirt and jeans and chill and talk with friends but no, they have to be extra and use makeup and weird clothes and touch themselves half-naked with others all the time to make some kind of statement? ugghh we all need chill pills

• Love 1
  • Leader
On 2/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, bitbitboi said:

"How Do You Sleep?" is one of my favorite songs..... ever.
I said ever.
But this new Sam seems exhausting to me. I wish people could be happy and content with just a tshirt and jeans and chill and talk with friends but no, they have to be extra and use makeup and weird clothes and touch themselves half-naked with others all the time to make some kind of statement? ugghh we all need chill pills

I looove How Do You Sleep. It unexpectedly crept on me and got better over time :snarky:

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I looove How Do You Sleep. It unexpectedly crept on me and got better over time :snarky:

It.does-not.let.you.go. It takes you on a ride whether you like it or not. And his singing is soft and nice, but then comes that crazy beat, and also the lyrics slap. And the video oh-me-geee??? Love the choreo, the dancers, that awesome and random bike tumbling, with the cage, everything so feminine and masculine... Shut up, amazing.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Isla said:

I understand a lot of events are being postponed/cancelled right now but I don’t understand how coronavirus would postpone the release of an album? Most people stream albums online nowadays.

It's people not having money or will not prioritize spending on music because they're busy hoarding stuff, paying for medical bills, some lost their jobs due to restaurants and other establishments closing, 

And as previously mentioned above, I do believe its the album title too. It sounds ridiculous also not so. But it has happened in the past. Ke$ha's Die Young just hit a new peak of #2 on the Hot 100 but then that school shooting happened and then Die Young crashed on the charts and got blacklisted or whatever. There was sudden backlash when previously there wasn't. Because of the title. A shame really. I wanted it to go #1. :icant2:

"That magic in your pants is making me blush. For sure." ICONIC. :gobaby:

#JusticeForDieYoung

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Isla said:

I understand a lot of events are being postponed/cancelled right now but I don’t understand how coronavirus would postpone the release of an album? Most people stream albums online nowadays.

Because of charts. 

With the corona virus around, people won't go or aren't even able to buy the physical release, yes you can stream it but a lot of people are busy taking care of their kids as the schools are closed and with work shutting down, people won't buy albums on iTunes.

It's actually a good idea to delay it...also he can't promote it for a month or two.

I wish Lady Gaga would do this but it seems like Stupid Love and Chromtica will get doomed cause they didn't so anything.

Stupid Love is already out of the top 20 cause of the lack of promo...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

It's people not having money or will not prioritize spending on music because they're busy hoarding stuff, paying for medical bills, some lost their jobs due to restaurants and other establishments closing, 

And as previously mentioned above, I do believe its the album title too. It sounds ridiculous also not so. But it has happened in the past. Ke$ha's Die Young just hit a new peak of #2 on the Hot 100 but then that school shooting happened and then Die Young crashed on the charts and got blacklisted or whatever. There was sudden backlash when previously there wasn't. Because of the title. A shame really. I wanted it to go #1. :icant2:

"That magic in your pants is making me blush. For sure." ICONIC. :gobaby:

#JusticeForDieYoung

Ah yeah that makes sense, thanks. And I didn’t even think of the album title, I wonder if Sam will change it?

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block