Adele looking skinty out and about

Jordan Miller

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy for her. People should not give her a hard time with this. People are gonna say she's being a sellout by looking skinny and not repping for the big girls anymore. It's not her responsibility to rep for the big girls. They should rep for themselves. It's called confidence. And why does looking good and taking care of your body by becoming fit and **** have to mean not making good music? Her fats have nothing to do with the great music she's created in the past. :akii:

If she's doing this for her health, that's a good thing. It's her body. And if she's doing this because she wants to take on that popstar persona, what's wrong with that? What's wrong with being a popstar? Our fave is a the popstar. :prettyney:

She doesn't need permission. She makes her own decisions. It's her prerogative (it's her prerogative). It's the way that she wants to live (it's her prerogative). You can't tell her what to do. :cutebrit:

You can't please people. They will ***** every single time. "You're too fat, lardass!" "You're too skinny! Eat a hamburger!" And then we have the "comedians". I see that when I look up the Carpenters and see people making the "joke" about 'If Mama Cass had given Karen a hamburger to eat that she'd still be here." Whole thing just seems cruel to me for both sides. Eh, that's people for you. :ririshade2:

The problem here is that people are phony. The same happens with Lizzo. People love Lizzo and her body because most people are fat or would like to be thinner or simply aren't happy with how they look, so they find it comforting seeing someone famous flaunting a similar body, or an aspect of it that they can relate to. But that's awful for two reasons:
1) Being overweight is a HEALTH issue, not a personal decision or statement. At least that shouldn't be the case. So people should be worried and actually care for overweight people, not celebrate their state.
2) Each person (especially WOMEN in our society nowadays) is the owner of their own bodies. It seems like an obvious thing to say, but if we keep talking about other people's bodies, we're somehow claiming ownership over them (I'm not exaggerating, just think about it). Going back to point 1, we can acknowledge a health problem, but only when there's a trusting relationship or things are going overboard or are asked to should we give advice.
So let Adele have the body she wants. There's a reason why she was overweight before, and why she decided to get thinner and healthier now.

While fat-shaming isn't ok (or any other kind of shaming based on physical appearance, including not being obese anymore) I don't think praising obesity is good either like that Lizzo or however she's called. 

It's not about being skinny as a needle (that's only our Britny :gelis: ) but overweight has always been linked to all kinds of diseases and higher risk of premature death. Embracing your obesity won't change the facts.

Like all things in this life, it's all about finding a balance. It's not about hating yourself for being too fat or too skinny, because either extreme is bad, it's about accepting your reality, yes, but also accepting and recognizing we are the ones responsible of how we drive our lives. 

At the end of the day, if you're happy being fat or skinny, that's really none of my business and I couldn't care less about what others do with their lives and their bodies.

All those people complaining about people praising Adele's weight loss, because I've read several articles about it, claiming that people are judgmental and what not and that are feeding this pressure, people, especially women, live under about having the perfect body, but then they're being judgmental as well by saying Adele is wrong for losing weight. 

If Adele did this purposefully because she wanted to feel better or look better, good for her. If this is the result of some sort of medical illness, I'm really sorry. Either way, no one's opinion should really matter to her, and no one should be mad about people praising her current appearance nor her past obesity (though praising obesity is still worse to me :P )  

1 hour ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

She looks anorexic now. Some people look better with a bit of weight on them and Adele is one of them. 

I'd be down for some uptempo choreo tunes next era though. Imagine - the voice of Adele but the moves of Primeney - arghhh!!!!

Anorexic? Really? I doubt she'd even qualify as being underweight. 

She looks like she's lost weight. That's all. 

Archived