Both JLo and Shakira re-chart on the Billboard 200

Jordan Miller

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR I KNOW.

Maybe we stop pitting women against one another and comparing how much better Shakira, JLO and Britney are to each other and we all appreciate the massive global impact they have each had in their own way, which in a male dominated industry is a FEAT.

Good job ladies.

21 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

AWW!!!

I'm sad you feel that way guys. :crying3:

But i really do prefer She Wolf than Oral Fixation Vol. 2 because the latter is too rock for my taste. I really only like the singles particularly 'Don't Bother'.

Yet 'Don't Bother' is the most rock-type song on the album. :surething:

Shakira is multitalented, able to sing with an extremely unique voice, dance in a wide variety of styles, write her own music, play multiple instruments, speaks five languages. All the while she is humble and relaxed, truly enjoying herself when she is performing. A true talent. She is also a philanthropist and has the IQ of a genius. Although the American public might not know some of her Spanish work, she is a worldwide sensation with so many hits and amazing, timeless music. Jennifer Lopez is beautiful, and I do love some of her songs. She can perform, but she is nothing compared to Shakira. I’m sorry but no. 

The truth is that Shakira, doesnt have a Greatest Hits Album since 2002, and the songs that were streaming the most are songs after 2005 with the exception of WW. So ppl were buying from 5 albums. Insted of just a greatest hits. The most streamed Whenever Wherever from Laundry Service, Hips Dont Lie from Oral Fixation 2, those two songs alone made those two albums re enter the BB200 and the other 3 songs were Waka Waka from Sale El Sol, Chantaje from El Dorado, and She Wolf from She Wolf album, if those 5 songs were in a "Greatest Hits" that album would have probably gone top 50 in the BB200. 

guys they both won !...
And they just announced tours agreements with Live Nation for the following years, so this will be a total uplift to their careers 

BTW, since Jay Z have had a relationship with the super bowl half time show since like around 8 years before, I have always wondered if when he and Beyonce went to see Britney residency maybe it was because they were discussing with her team to put her as headliner... maybe? :jlostare:

4 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

Yet 'Don't Bother' is the most rock-type song on the album. :surething:

I don't think it is. I think it's actually more pop-rock. Do you consider 'Objection' very rock? Cause I don't. And I didn't say I don't like rock music. With OFV2, she almost went back to her old pre-Laundry Service sound and i'm not here for that - it's not my taste. And the album has too many rock songs. Atleast LS had pop sensibilities in it.

On 2/13/2020 at 12:43 AM, OriginalRoxxy said:

I don't think it is. I think it's actually more pop-rock. Do you consider 'Objection' very rock? Cause I don't. And I didn't say I don't like rock music. With OFV2, she almost went back to her old pre-Laundry Service sound and i'm not here for that - it's not my taste. And the album has too many rock songs. Atleast LS had pop sensibilities in it.

Shakira always used rock influences in her music. Laundry Service was rock influenced (Poem to a Horse, Objection as well), she covered Back in Black and Nothing Else Matters on her tours. I just found it weird that you say you don't like the rock-type songs, but Don't Bother was your favourite song of OF2, which imo is the most rock oriented song on the album.

21 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

Shakira always used rock influences in her music. Laundry Service was rock influenced (Poem to a Horse, Objection as well), she covered Back in Black and Nothing Else Matters on her tours. I just found it weird that you say you don't like the rock-type songs, but Don't Bother was your favourite song of OF2, which imo is the most rock oriented song on the album.

Of course its obvious LS is rock like i am not dumb and i'm not deaf. I know she was always a rocker even before LS. I wasn't born in the 2000s or the 90s, chile. I said it had pop sensibilities. I didn't say its like a pure pop album.

And again, i didnt say i don't like rock music. Read it again. I said the album had too many of it and i'm not down for a mostly rock album. Can I not like one rock song from an album full of predominantly rock songs that i'm not here for? Of course I can. I don't like rock music and I wouldn't listen to a Green Day album. But can i not like American Idiot because its a bop? I can.

What's weird is you quoting me from the beginning making me look stupid and the emote you used. It's so rude. That you would even think that there's something wrong with what i said, oh my god. I don't even know why this went on for how many exchanges and i already explained to you what i meant with my reply and you're really out here still insisting that that's not what i meant? Why? Why do you think that you know better than what i actually mean? I don't even know why I have to explain myself to you. Bless you.

3 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Of course its obvious LS is rock like i am not dumb and i'm not deaf. I know she was always a rocker even before LS. I wasn't born in the 2000s or the 90s, chile. I said it had pop sensibilities. I didn't say its like a pure pop album.

And again, i didnt say i don't like rock music. Read it again. I said the album had too many of it and i'm not down for a mostly rock album. Can I not like one rock song from an album full of predominantly rock songs that i'm not here for? Of course I can. I don't like rock music and I wouldn't listen to a Green Day album. But can i not like American Idiot because its a bop? I can.

What's weird is you quoting me from the beginning making me look stupid and the emote you used. It's so rude. That you would even think that there's something wrong with what i said, oh my god. I don't even know why this went on for how many exchanges and i already explained to you what i meant with my reply and you're really out here still insisting that that's not what i meant? Why? Why do you think that you know better than what i actually mean? I don't even know why I have to explain myself to you. Bless you.

Omg, take a chill pill :umwtf:

On 2/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, Britneyarmy8 said:

yall need to stop shading shak rn

theres a reason why chantaje has 2.4 b views and aint your mama has 700M views (both released in 2016)

like i can count jlos good songs on one of my hands 

(and most songs after the early 00's arent on them)

THIS x 1000 

You tell 'em, boo Image result for shakira reaction gif

On 2/12/2020 at 2:50 AM, JustWendy said:

I can't at all the shade towards Shakira. I mean... Shakira IS richer than Britney and more succesful. Worldwide!:idkney:

Image result for shakira waka waka gif

And at 43... with two children, she still can sing and perform seamlessly.

Image result for shakira gif superbowl

I know y'all want Britney to get better and kill it at the Superbowl someday. But she's going through... stuff. She's not there yet.

So don't shade Shakira, don't go there bb's... it's not a cute look.

Image result for wendy williams reaction gif

Image result for shakira gif superbowl

I agree and i love Shakira, but you cannot compare shakira with Britney tho.

Archived