Vote: Do you think Billie Eilish will become iconic one day?

Jordan Miller

Do you think Billie Eilish will become iconic one day?  

250 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Lil Jay said:

I think there is just something about her idk... I really like her as a person and a music star, not really listening to her songs but she already has some things that help make someone iconic: original signature look and way of singing. 

Today if you dress an oversized green sweater, put on a green-black wig and short oversized pants, everyone would recognise you as Billie. So she really did that with her clothes, it's already well remembered and rwcognisable you know. 

Same with singing, or should I better say whispering:whatitellu: it's already kinda "iconic" to me... Just the way it was with Britney already in 1999.

So I think even if she doesn't stay relevant in the near future, she will be lowkey iconic. 

That's right. I don't know what makes her more famous - her music or her signature look. There are so many talented people, but you'll remember only that characteristic looking ones. I find Billie's career similar to Gaga's. 

1 hour ago, dr35 said:

Look at Lady Gaga. ‘The Fame’ was a phenomenal album, And such a statement debut. But imagine if Gaga just kept throwing glitter and dancing in her videos like a repeat Britney, on her sophomore set? Do you think Gaga would be GAGA as we know her today if we didn’t get ‘Fame Monster’ with it’s darkness, and then ‘Born This Way’ with it’s deep social archetypes?  Now compare GaGa to a few years earlier in 2002 when Avril Lavigne debuted. Huge statement record with ‘Let Go’, but her follow-up was more of the same, then she started trend-hopping with ‘Girlfriend’.... and now her career is a back burner. 

Billie will face a similar challenge next as to how she presents herself ..... that will decide where her career goes. 

THIS

I think next few years will show if Billie is iconic or not. If she won't reinvent herself, her music and image, then she'll disappear. People become bored really fast. In no time there will be another talented, young girl. Billie needs to strengthen her place in show business, before we call her "iconic".

I have to say I'm not fan of her, but have nothing against her at the same time. Only thing I don't understand - what's going on with that whispering vocals trend? Why not appreciate strong vocals? All I can see is "she's singing so beautiful, and her is screaming", when in fact strong vocals require more effort and good techniqe (so those with strong vocals are better singers). Sorry, I'm a fan of strong vocals :bparty:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 2/11/2020 at 9:15 AM, Born2Die said:

No she will not. This is always the trend. There's a pretty poppy girl like Britney and then comes the anti-pop girl (even though she is still pop herself) Avril Lavigne. Then you had Selena Gomez, and Lorde came around. Now we have Ariana Grande and here is Billie. No shade to Avril and Lorde, but they haven't been as relevant as the first 2 years of their fame. Avril has maintained a presence all these years but I wouldnt say she is iconic.

Yeah honestly this century doesn’t have big standouts besides Gaga. I can definitely see her going down the Avril path because she kinda boxed herself in this specific style (the raspy whispering) so I don’t know how she could shed that image without being another Avril and doing a 180. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

She’s another fad, she’s replaced Lorde, who replaced Lana, who replaced Avril, who replaced Alanice, who replaced... you get the picture. 

Billies next moves are vital, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she released an album of alt dance bops next after the success of Bad Guy. Duh! 

Also, I see her brother piggy backing off Billies success to become THE go to song writer, like Ed Sheeran. 

• Like 2

She really caught my attention at first . And bad guy is already sorta , kinda "iconic" the song has longevity written all over it. But the things is , the rest of her music is so depressing. I don't know how to explain it but i find it difficult to listen to her over and over again . 

The industry is also pushing her to become the next best thing. She performed at the oscars and did the james bond song already . Ariana and the other girls are tired at this point so she pretty much has the scene to herself now. 

All in all , i think her next 2 albums will determine if she'll remain a pop powerhouse. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, summer2summer said:

She really caught my attention at first . And bad guy is already sorta , kinda "iconic" the song has longevity written all over it. But the things is , the rest of her music is so depressing. I don't know how to explain it but i find it difficult to listen to her over and over again . 

The industry is also pushing her to become the next best thing. She performed at the oscars and did the james bond song already . Ariana and the other girls are tired at this point so she pretty much has the scene to herself now. 

All in all , i think her next 2 albums will determine if she'll remain a pop powerhouse. 

When the Queen gives her seal of approval, you know it’s that good since Britney has the best taste in music.:bigtime:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah honestly this century doesn’t have big standouts besides Gaga. I can definitely see her going down the Avril path because she kinda boxed herself in this specific style (the raspy whispering) so I don’t know how she could shed that image without being another Avril and doing a 180. 

I don't agree that she whispers 100% of it. 

She sings beautifuly in Ocean Eyes and it's 3 years old song but ofc with Billie rising last year it also became sort of a belated hit, many people know that song (besides Bad Guy ofc) and I hear it all the time together with again BG. 

And she doesn't whisper there at all... So

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, Lil Jay said:

I don't agree that she whispers 100% of it. 

She sings beautifuly in Ocean Eyes and it's 3 years old song but ofc with Billie rising last year it also became sort of a belated hit, many people know that song (besides Bad Guy ofc) and I hear it all the time together with again BG. 

And she doesn't whisper there at all... So

I mean that’s what’s she’s known for, I know she doesn’t and songs like Lovely proves that but just like when people think of Britney they do the baby voice. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I mean that’s what’s she’s known for, I know she doesn’t and songs like Lovely proves that but just like when people think of Britney they do the baby voice. 

Yes, and Britney still uses the same baby voice, for 20 years. You see my point?

I don't think Billie should neccessarily (don't know how to spell that word) change her way of singing just to not make GP tired of her. She just needs really good music, instrumental, words and songs will be hits like Britneys. 

• Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Lil Jay said:

Yes, and Britney still uses the same baby voice, for 20 years. You see my point?

I don't think Billie should neccessarily (don't know how to spell that word) change her way of singing just to not make GP tired of her. She just needs really good music, instrumental, words and songs will be hits like Britneys. 

I think what I’m curious is how she will go about it 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, lrb22 said:

She’s another fad, she’s replaced Lorde, who replaced Lana, who replaced Avril, who replaced Alanice, who replaced... you get the picture. 

Billies next moves are vital, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she released an album of alt dance bops next after the success of Bad Guy. Duh! 

Also, I see her brother piggy backing off Billies success to become THE go to song writer, like Ed Sheeran. 

There's bunch of wrong things with this statement.

Lana has not been replaced - at all, she has been churning out albums, having a successful following although she was never super popular in sales - she's underground pop (whatever that is anyways). Any person that was a fan of Lana 8 years ago is a fan of Lana today as well. Me included.

Billie's brother FINNEAS, is a big reason why Billie Eillish happened - he is the writer and producer of most of her songs from her album - and he's the producer behind the new James Bond, so he has great talents writing songs. He also quite popular on his own as well - I could care less about Billie Eillish and I love FINNEAS (I actually found out he was her brother bcz he kept appearing in my spotify shuffles and I took interest in him).

By trying to get into some of Billie Eillish's music afterwards my opinion is this: FINNEAS is the musical prodigy in that family, but Billie is super pretty and constructed a great persona and fashion to sell (or she truly is that persona) to 'misundaztood' girls. She can become iconic because she also has great vocal control, although her whispering sounds a bit too soft for my taste (and ruins a lot of songs for me, but it seems public loves it). It doesn't help that he is not good looking either. (though Ed Sheeran is neither for that matter)

How can anyone think Justin Bieber is ugly??? R U serious? :cuteneylaugh:

I mean, yeah for sure he's problematic and maybe his personality and shenanigans are turning a lot of people off, but no one can deny that he's good looking. I mean, sure there are more handsome men out there but Justin is definitely not average looking.

9 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

How can anyone think Justin Bieber is ugly??? R U serious? :cuteneylaugh:

I mean, yeah for sure he's problematic and maybe his personality and shenanigans are turning a lot of people off, but no one can deny that he's good looking. I mean, sure there are more handsome men out there but Justin is definitely not average looking.

I don't know where u got Bieber in this thread? We were talking about Finneas.

9 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

Say whaaat?! He can get it any day :werk:

His facial features are alrite - but that ginger beard and hair makes him thrice as unappealing to what he would be if he had any other color

26 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

I don't know where u got Bieber in this thread? We were talking about Finneas.

His facial features are alrite - but that ginger beard and hair makes him thrice as unappealing to what he would be if he had any other color

Gurl, I have a weak spot for ginger men :thirsty: I only recently found out that Finneas played in Glee and I did not care for his looks at that time (long hair + no facial hair), but now he looks really hot.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Guys remember this:-

When Britney had the best selling album of 1999, everyone said she would be a one hit wonder who would never have another hit and will fade away by the next year. She’s a cookie cutter singer and doesn’t have that power. Now she is the 4th best selling female artist of all time and the best selling female artist of this generation.

When Gaga came out, as much as she was loved, she was hated because it was cool and trendy to hate her as she was different. Her hate peaked in the art pop era. Now she is one of the most respected and acclaimed artist of this generation.

Lana Del Rey was seen as a depressing emo wannabe in her Born to die era and was taken as joke from critics. Now she has brought alternative and indie pop into a commercial market Andy her recent album has 88% Metacritic score.

Lorde might have ended up as a one hit wonder but she has made fantastic music. We cannot deny that melodrama IS the album of the decade. It’s the most critically acclaimed album from a female artist.

Taylor Swift was thought of a singer who would have only moderate success and never hit it big. She had broken that with the red era. 

So before we judge anybody, we might never know how they will end up. Who knows! Maybe Billie can become the best selling artist of 2020s, maybe she can have one of the most critically acclaimed albums of all time, you never know. Already she has had now the best selling album and song of 2019 and has already shifted around 30 million records already. And about the people who are saying she has nothin signature. If I were to dress like Billie Eilish with her oversized and baggy clothing and ask what celebrity they would think of, people will first most likely think of Billie Eilish. She has a low tone which makes people recognize her because they know that whispering voice. However, I hope Billie reinvents herself every era. Maybe in her new era she might change herself by trying out a different genre, using higher registers and so much more. Anyways, even if she is to become a one hit wonder, i and her other fans will still remain fans and will listen to every bit of music she puts of. So we just have to wait and see.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block