Thoughts on Britney's post-2008 interviews

Nickey

I was going to post it in a different thread but I feel like it was too long so I decided to make a new topic, so I can also hear your thoughts on this.

I was too young to watch her in her prime but I got a lot of time to catch up with old material, which is pure Britney. I know she was't in control of everything in her career but she had her rights and some personal space.

Watching her interviews since the cship feels almost like watching a different person, because what she's saying is literally not her words, it's rehearsed. If not, she's weighing every word. Also the creepy guy watching her every step, it's just crazy...:calculating:

I feel like she's a really positive, vibrant person who can't, sadly, go 100% because of her handlers. Notice that since the cship she says that she's a shy and awkward person - I don't think that she just got that shy out of nowhere, I feel like she's afraid to do/speak her mind because she thinks that her handlers may not approve it and take something (kids?) away from her.

Take a look at one from 2003, and then 2012.

lKaTV9A.png

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame all the above too. She’s probably so anxious and nervous now that she literally has nothing to say without feeling nervous that she’ll say something stupid or her team will give her a hard time for going off script. 

Genuinely though I don’t think she has much passion for career anymore so when she’s asked stuff about it she’s genuinely forgot or doesn’t care so she gets awkward talking about something she doesn’t really know about anymore. 

Besides all things involved with c-ship, she doesn't want to be famous anymore. Why put any effort if she just doesn't care. 
Obviously she's tired of being deprived of basic rights, you can tell it just by looking into her eyes, so empty... 
All interviews are strictly controlled, you won't see any spontaneity, same questions all over again. She can't speak up freely. And those damn cue cards. :xfactorlook:
I miss her old self too, she's not the same person anymore. The times changed, and I don't think she would ever be like she used to. Prime Britney is dead. Blackout Britney is dead. :tiffsniffle:

Her southern accent really comes out in the first interview. A sign of being totally relaxed on camera. No accent in the more recent interview. She was especially medicated during FF and X Factor, so I'm not surprised. Her interviews from 2016 seemed more relaxed though. Definitely a recent peak for her.

I sometimes go back to her London Interviews from 2011 or something, Because she was sooo darn sweet :)

London really sparks a certain joy in her, and I recently visited London for the first time - i totally get her now :)

BUT she is shy and has always been. Remember many performers put on a persona that they aren't just to please. Remember her Rosie O'donnel interviews from 1998, where she is all "yes mam"-ishy

2 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

Besides all things involved with c-ship, she doesn't want to be famous anymore. Why put any effort if she just doesn't care. 
Obviously she's tired of being deprived of basic rights, you can tell it just by looking into her eyes, so empty... 
All interviews are strictly controlled, you won't see any spontaneity, same questions all over again. She can't speak up freely. And those damn cue cards. :xfactorlook:
I miss her old self too, she's not the same person anymore. The times changed, and I don't think she would ever be like she used to. Prime Britney is dead. Blackout Britney is dead. :tiffsniffle:

aa....

She seems like her old self somewhat in 2016 and you can see she's relaxed and comfortable with the interviewer and the London one from 2011 she seems like herself but medicated.  I think the medicine just really numbs her out so that you can't see her true personality.  I think she's still the same fun, bubbly Britney we love but the medication and also being afraid to say anything out of the normal like she use to do can make her look like she's lost her personality but she hasn't.

• Super Mods

You can tell she gets tired of saying the same thing and I doubt she’s uncomfortable answering questions, her team is just afraid of the things she would reveal hence why topics stick to just being a mom, hanging out with model/fitness guru/ actor Sam Asghari

Archived