Iggy Azalea is underrated

Urbanney

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth: I'm not a fan of Iggy, but I am a fan of rap music and I do recognize her efforts.

As per her latest album, I think Iggy hits all the basics (money, ***, shaking ***)... she's great with a theme, but every song off IMD share the same vibe. From an outsider's perspective, I would advise she add more personal touches to her lyrics. A lot of the songs are fun, but there isn't much substance. While people enjoy a good Queen-B club banger, they love even more hearing words they can relate to. Particularly in rap music. Humility is a very admirable quality. I say there's a lot more to rap about aside from the finer things in life.

Overall, for Iggy's next album, if she keeps releasing great music videos but expands her talking points she'll draw more interest (at least from someone like me).

1 hour ago, Tom01 said:

I think it's a race thing. 

I think so too. She's problematic and gets into beefs and feuds - sure - but so are all the other rappers/hip hop artists of color. But people seem to make a big deal out of it cause she's white and a woman. Her music videos are all serves and features extravagance and money and the lifestyle - but who in the hiphop scene doesn't? But when she does it, its fake and not authentic? They're basically saying that having an extravagant lifestyle (and showing off) is only for hiphop artists of color? If Nicki and Cardi talk about money and Fendi it's alright but Iggy can't? People want to see her behave and not be ratchet cause she's white and its not becoming of a white woman but it's okay to talk sh1t when you're a person of color cause it looks cool and very on brand? :nochillbrit:

On 2/6/2020 at 7:41 PM, Urbanney said:

and didn't deserve the large majority of hate she got. Her music slaps, her music videos are always top tier, she has a super badass style, and she still keeps going after all the things she's been through. She deserves to be recognized more.

iggy-azalea-underrated.jpg

I AGREE!!! YOURE AMAQZING! I'm glad someone finally said it! she's Iconic tbh!!

9 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

I think so too. She's problematic and gets into beefs and feuds - sure - but so are all the other rappers/hip hop artists of color. But people seem to make a big deal out of it cause she's white and a woman. Her music videos are all serves and features extravagance and money and the lifestyle - but who in the hiphop scene doesn't? But when she does it, its fake and not authentic? They're basically saying that having an extravagant lifestyle (and showing off) is only for hiphop artists of color? If Nicki and Cardi talk about money and Fendi it's alright but Iggy can't? People want to see her behave and not be ratchet cause she's white and its not becoming of a white woman but it's okay to talk sh1t when you're a person of color cause it looks cool and very on brand? :nochillbrit:

Exactly! I mean, Eminem has been around since Britney, his music is basically all about fighting back and people still dont really get his perspective. 

I think hes a really talented artist. I've learned from his music. And I think theres a difference between being a talented artist, and just coming out, using other peoples lyrics, half singing live, wanting attention. 

Neither of them are probably ever going to be accepted or respected in the rap community yet- I would assume. Should they? Sure. But that's not ..white territory?, and jts not like we djdnt take everything else from black people, we need to take rap? So she basically is doing the exact thing but she's white. A black woman doing that vs a white woman - 2. Different. Stories. 

She cant ask people to look past her white skin color so she can make a buck, selling someone else's story. 

Archived