Iggy Azalea is underrated

Urbanney

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is not underrated at all. She makes regular music and would be treated ok if she didn't think she was some sort of Azealia Banks (who is ultra talented) and threw shade around to everyone. I grew to hate her a lot after all the mess she did against Anitta, not to mention "In My Defense" amazing metacritic 39 score :tiffcackle::tiffcackle:

• Leader
1 hour ago, ralphcornio said:

She is not underrated at all. She makes regular music and would be treated ok if she didn't think she was some sort of Azealia Banks (who is ultra talented) and threw shade around to everyone. I grew to hate her a lot after all the mess she did against Anitta, not to mention "In My Defense" amazing metacritic 39 score :tiffcackle::tiffcackle:

HATE?! I do find her accept when rapping to be a lil problematic tho. 

5 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

I grew to hate her a lot after all the mess she did against Anitta

huh? What happened??

I LOVE Iggy! She's got it and she does the most with each video (there's one in which she changes outfits at least ten times, it's insane!). Maybe she's not picking the best songs musically, but I 100% support her. I do not know how she makes money though, she lives a truly lavish life but her songs keep "flopping" or not doing as expected so how does she earn money?? I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

huh? What happened??

I LOVE Iggy! She's got it and she does the most with each video (there's one in which she changes outfits at least ten times, it's insane!). Maybe she's not picking the best songs musically, but I 100% support her. I do not know how she makes money though, she lives a truly lavish life but her songs keep "flopping" or not doing as expected so how does she earn money?? I don't get it.

Are you aware they'd have a feat Music Video together? Basically Iggy / her label scrapped it. I don't even remember the story correctly, but it was a long sequence of Iggy saying Anitta was 'Just featured' and 'Just local', and also throwing shade at the song in some weird fancam. It was really a weird series of events, when it was meant to be one of Anitta's big moments in international music. Bad for Iggy tho, she collabed with Madonna and other much more relevant people after Iggy.

25 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Are you aware they'd have a feat Music Video together? Basically Iggy / her label scrapped it. I don't even remember the story correctly, but it was a long sequence of Iggy saying Anitta was 'Just featured' and 'Just local', and also throwing shade at the song in some weird fancam. It was really a weird series of events, when it was meant to be one of Anitta's big moments in international music. Bad for Iggy tho, she collabed with Madonna and other much more relevant people after Iggy.

Yes! I am aware. I think the song and video for "Switch" are AMAZING, and I remember them performing it together a couple of times and I loved it. But like always with Iggy, the song didn't stick with the public and that's why her team scrapped it, that's why I don't understand why some people say that Iggy did Anitta wrong. It just didn't work out, the same way Iggy's new song "Lola" with Alice Chater didn't take off.

• Leader
42 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Hmmmm. If I recall correctly they scrapped it because the video pre-editing leaked in full. 

On 2/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, ralphcornio said:

Can you explain Azealia Banks and her talent to me? I liked 212 and everyone just kept going on and on about how talented she was for the next couple years and I just never understood. None of her music (besides 212) really stuck with me. Her horrible and prejudiced attitude only made me want to stay away from her more.

Also, I know Iggy has also been problematic before and I'm not comparing the two, i just want to understand the hype that's been around Banks for years.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:24 PM, JordanMiller said:

Hmmmm. If I recall correctly they scrapped it because the video pre-editing leaked in full. 

Nah it was a mess start from end. Besides, who really believes in 'leaking' nowadays? This doesn't exist, it's all for hype lmao. And even if that was the reason, Azealia's way of handling things was subpar, unprofessional and even a tad prejudicial against Brazil and Anitta.

22 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Can you explain Azealia Banks and her talent to me? I liked 212 and everyone just kept going on and on about how talented she was for the next couple years and I just never understood. None of her music (besides 212) really stuck with me. Her horrible and prejudiced attitude only made me want to stay away from her more.

Also, I know Iggy has also been problematic before and I'm not comparing the two, i just want to understand the hype that's been around Banks for years.

I totally get what you're saying. I was pretty much in the same boat as you. It's not something you'll get listening to one or two more popular songs of hers. It's the fact she can, at the same time: rap, sing well, create sounds reminiscent of the 90's, yet fresh and unlike everything else playing in the radio, make stuff with personality and identity (and not talking about her mindless rants all over the web, that's something else), on top of that she has real good music videos, a whole fashion statement to all of her work...summing it up, she's a complete artist. Unlike Melanie Martinez or Natalia Kills, who have some scandals associated to them and are 'easier' to 'cancel/scrap', I feel like a good part of the community, even those included in the wide range of social groups Azealia has attacked, find it difficult and are somewhat pity of leaving her aside, because even though she has erratic behavior, she makes up for a real good and authentic artist, that we can expect great things from. Listen to Ice Princess, Anna Wintour, 212, Big Big Beat, and her albums if you feel like, you'll probably understand the feeling them.

26 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I totally get what you're saying. I was pretty much in the same boat as you. It's not something you'll get listening to one or two more popular songs of hers. It's the fact she can, at the same time: rap, sing well, create sounds reminiscent of the 90's, yet fresh and unlike everything else playing in the radio, make stuff with personality and identity (and not talking about her mindless rants all over the web, that's something else), on top of that she has real good music videos, a whole fashion statement to all of her work...summing it up, she's a complete artist. Unlike Melanie Martinez or Natalia Kills, who have some scandals associated to them and are 'easier' to 'cancel/scrap', I feel like a good part of the community, even those included in the wide range of social groups Azealia has attacked, find it difficult and are somewhat pity of leaving her aside, because even though she has erratic behavior, she makes up for a real good and authentic artist, that we can expect great things from. Listen to Ice Princess, Anna Wintour, 212, Big Big Beat, and her albums if you feel like, you'll probably understand the feeling them.

Thank you for a genuine response. That's very helpful!

Archived