Jump to content

Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show Still Holds The Record


Jordan Miller

Which Super Bowl Halftime Show was your favorite?  

321 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Super Mods
On 2/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, Bundy said:

Gaga was amazing and did amazing, idek how Katy was the most watched when she was the weakest along with JT from the ones I watched so far (I never watched Maroon 5)

Tbh, who knows how the show is gonna be until you watch it?

I think people see less and less tv each  year, and as the comment below says, on youtube JLo and Shakira's is a hit.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, Captain Marvel said:

Yet J.Lo & Shakria's HTS is smashing on YouTube.  

There's so much replay value with this one, sorry, the others can't relate.  :gelis:

 

If any, I see it more like, after Katy's mess, people has been losing interest in the following performances. Or at least that's how I see it.

Justin's pulled 106.6M, it was a mess, so the next year the audience got even smaller, with 99.9M. How I interpret it is that people liked it a bit better (despite the way they disappointed us with the SpongeBob tribute) thus, this year's performance had an increase in views. So, after this, I wouldn't be surprised if next year gets even more views.

 

What I'm trying to say is that, it seems to me that the viewership depends on how good or bad the previous show was and not so much about which artist is performing that year, because I repeat, there is no way to tell who's gonna pull a fun show or not until you see it.

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 36 here

Link to comment
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Tbh, who knows how the show is gonna be until you watch it?

I think people see less and less tv each  year, and as the comment below says, on youtube JLo and Shakira's is a hit.

 

If any, I see it more like, after Katy's mess, people has been losing interest in the following performances. Or at least that's how I see it.

Justin's pulled 106.6M, it was a mess, so the next year the audience got even smaller, with 99.9M. How I interpret it is that people liked it a bit better (despite the way they disappointed us with the SpongeBob tribute) thus, this year's performance had an increase in views. So, after this, I wouldn't be surprised if next year gets even more views.

 

What I'm trying to say is that, it seems to me that the viewership depends on how good or bad the previous show was and not so much about which artist is performing that year, because I repeat, there is no way to tell who's gonna pull a fun show or not until you see it.

Katy Perry always did childish shows, did anyone really expect her to be great? Thats why im suprised that many people were even interested to see her to begin with.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Katy Perry always did childish shows, did anyone really expect her to be great? Thats why im suprised that many people were even interested to see her to begin with.

Britney led younger audience to Vegas and they are parents now:smokney:, so 
Katy's show will have baby changing stations as main attraction. 

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
59 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Katy Perry always did childish shows, did anyone really expect her to be great? Thats why im suprised that many people were even interested to see her to begin with.

Yeah, but who knew that aside from her fans? (I had never seen a Katy Perry performance before, only her music videos) 

The previous year, Bruno Mars, even though I dislike him, apparently was liked by the viewership. It even got a nomination or something. I think Madonna started this trend of great halftime shows, and people just kept getting more and more interested in the next performer. But then, acts like Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake had made the rating decline.

If Britney performed (in a parallel universe) I think a lot of people would go and watch it, independently of the previous year, because they either love her or because they'd just be waiting for any mistake to tear her apart, but everybody would have their eyes on her just out of curiosity. 

  • Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 36 here

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, but who knew that aside from her fans? (I had never seen a Katy Perry performance before, only her music videos) 

The previous year, Bruno Mars, even though I dislike him, apparently was liked by the viewership. It even got a nomination or something. I think Madonna started this trend of great halftime shows, and people just kept getting more and more interested in the next performer. But then, acts like Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake had made the rating decline.

If Britney performed (in a parallel universe) I think a lot of people would go and watch it, independently of the previous year, because they either love her or because they'd just be waiting for any mistake to tear her apart, but everybody would have their eyes on her just out of curiosity. 

Yeah maybe I knew bc I saw some of her performances and always knew she was trash 

I never thought about Madonna setting another trend (again). But ure right, the year before BEP did the show and they were dragged then Madonna did the following year and people loved and she was kinda praised for the show. 

I totally agree about Britney. I think Gagas performance also had a lot of viewers bc she had this thing going on as well. Many people wanted to see her but she is also hated a lot so many only watched hoping shed **** It up. Luckily for her she didnt and she was praised even by people who dont even like her. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...