Britney doesn’t care about her fans: opinion

MikeMasi

There have been plenty of reasons for why I think Britney could care less about us. If it wasn’t the lack of support she had for the Domination announcement (nearly walking down stairs and right into her car – after fans were there for hours) or her most recent lack of care in the Britney Experience / museum / or whatever you call it, it’s pretty clear that I can stand by this statement.

Yet again the question is asked, “where is Britney?” She wasn’t even there on opening night a few days ago. You think she would take some pride in showing her fans that she cares about us, but no, why would she?

Yes, I know you’re all going to say she’s not happy and she under a conservatorship. I’m not sure if that’s even the case. In fact, for all we know, she might be just fine with it. Britney is showing no signs of wanting help from us, and she doesn’t honor anything we do for her (fans protesting at court or even the hash tag #FreeBritney). She doesn’t even attend her own sessions regarding her hearings. If she was really itching to get out, she would attend every damn court hearing until it was over. The fact that she doesn’t thank us for our support or even communicate to us, it’s just outrageous. Meanwhile a bunch of other celebrities who also go through a lot of problems and issues personally still communicate with their fans and tell them what is up. 

Finally out of all of this, what are we doing? We are supporting to get her out of something that we don’t know all the facts. She is not coming to the media and crying to us and asking for help. It’s clear she is content with her life. 

This has been a mess since her dad was apparently “ill.” I think it was an excuse to get out of Domination and out of the spotlight. Her heart is clearly not into it, and she would rather make easy money by attaching her name to her 30th perfume bottle and also slap her name on a cheap “Britney experience” then to be creative. 

It’s clear the woman doesn’t have much of a life. She is always at home, doesn’t see her kids and you would think that she would want to get away from all of that and just work. Call me crazy, but people go to work everyday and battle heartache, financial problems and sometimes they have a disease and are fighting for their life. I suffer a lot of depression and anxiety, but if I stayed home everyday I would lose my mind. Yet Britney wants to just trash everything about her legendary star icon and just slap her name on anything to get easy money from her fans because she knows we’ll buy it. 

My sister loves Britney and when I told her about the Britney Experience, she rolled her eyes and said “come on! Give me a break! She does anything just to stay home.” You see what I mean? And she’s not even a fan like us though!

I met Britney back in 2017 at Piece of Me. You can tell she was very nervous and did not want to be there. Don’t get me wrong, she was sweet as ever, but was ready to get us all out of there. Britney is not the same Britney, and we have all talked about this before. I am starting to think things will never get better.

I personally think we should boycott this Britney experience thing and the #FreeBritney. We need to let her do what she wants, because clearly she doesn’t feel the same way for us. It must be so hard to have strangers absolutely love you and do everything they can to help you. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's an interesting point but somehow I can't judge Britney. I mean since like 2009 we literally don't know what's on her mind, they never let her speak, she's always "sweet and cute" but that's one side of Britney. The other one that we haven't seen in years it that she can be brutally honest, I mean I saw her acting like that on really old videos. I know that she was very young then but she didn't change that much, she still says a lot using body language.

I want to say something but not quite sure how I want to word it. I don't mean to make this sound like a clean cut transaction and there's no emotions going on outside of that. Put out a product and money is exchanged for said product if I want it. I do care about the person outside of the product being put out. I do wish the best for the person I like. With Britney, there's too many shady things that don't add up and you know what they say about smoke and fire. And goodness knows I know how people would treat a winning lottery ticket in the form of a person. But all the facts aren't on the table. I would hope Britney would have the voice to fight her own battles. If you want to say in a c-ship because you truly feel you need to be in it but you want the people involved changed around, do it. If you want out of the c-ship and you can prove a lot of sinister **** was going down in order to keep you in restraints you don't need, do it. And I will agree with what you said in your original post, I'd attend every damn meeting. Wild horses couldn't keep me away. I'd have notebooks filled with notes, questions I want to ask, etc. 

I know I don't speak for an entire fanbase, I'm just saying I'm somebody that doesn't need to hear "I LOVE MY FANS! Y'ALL ARE AWESOME!" all the time or even half the time. And about Britney and people, I just understand. I don't think she's a people person  and goodness knows I'm in that same boat with her. I would try my best to put on a good front because I do realize people pay a shitload of money for this experience. And I bet an awkward encounter is just as uncomfortable as meeting Britney and she be a complete ***** to you. 

I kinda agree with u. Tbh we cant say shes not attending court bc she doesnt care... Everyone here knows she is watched all the time, so if her dad doesnt want her to attend, she wont. But the strange thing imo is Lynne. The last time she went to court she went right away to the airport. I mean, if ur daughter is in a battle agaisnt her own dad and stays the most of her time alone in a mansion, why didnt Lynne stay with Britney at least a little? Its like she has to babysit JLS' daughters all the time and has to sell skin products. But it seems like Lynne always had more important things than helping Britney. I mean, in 2007 why didnt she stay in Los Angeles for a while to try helping Britney? Why didnt she try making Britney to go to therapy or smt? All she did was sending her to rehab and siding with Kevin. So the fact Lynne didnt even show make me think that she doesnt care that much or the session wasnt that important to begin with. I began to think maybe Lynne doesnt want to end the cship, she just wants to know what is going on, about her mental issues or whatever. 

Maybe they think she really needs and this would make them even more shady in my eyes. If they really think she needs a cship, why are they okay with her working? Someone who cant take care of herself shouldnt be working, doing m&g, tours, promoting or doing things that put pressure on them. Or do they try to convince themselves that shes better working bc it keeps her mind busy?

I think people around her are very shady, maybe they think shes crazy and the cship is the best for her, maybe they dont care enough, maybe they fear jamie and dont want any drama 
Maybe she stopped fighting bc they promised her smt, maybe its a stockholm syndrome. 

Its sad bc theres not much we can do
One year after and nothing changed 
They will keep pushing many audiences as they can 

I wanna see what will they do about her career and if she will go along with another era 
Sadly many fans want to see the zone and many casual fans dont know whats going on with her 
They think shes on hiatus, her dad is sick and thats it 
They even think she posts on her instagram 
So i dont doubt they would manage to make another residency pretending nothing really happened

So I dont blame people that are already leaving the movement 
Its like a fight that wont end

Im sick of this bs already. Sick of trying to hope for better things, trying to find answers when her team only leave us in the dark. They keep silent and nothing changes. 

I saw many people complaining about the lack of support Britney had for her peers but can we blame them? 

Tbh itd help if at least someone close to her said smt 
Why doesnt anyone say anything? Not even Jansen? 
Like "Britney doesnt get along with her father and she wont say anything bc she fears they will take her kids away from her, but she needs help"
But no one close to her says a damn thing 
No one address anything
Sadly nothing will change until anyone (her brother, long life friend, anyone) close to her says smt 
People wont fight her fight if she doesnt speak, if people around her keep pretending everythings alright 
And i dont blame these famous people 
They supported Kesha someone that doesnt have half the fame Britney has bc she spoke up. 
I know Britney has a lot at stake bc she has kids, but she doesnt help herself to the public either 

Its not only the fact Britney is silent but all the people around her 
no one says a word, everything is so shady

If Britney doesnt speak up, why should they talk about smt no one really knows about It? I mean at this point many think there are a lot of theories and thats it. I know there could be million reasons why Britney is silent, but at the end of the day why would a big celeb join the fight when the majority dont have a clue on what is really going on? They dont want troubles or to get even sued. Also it doesnt help Britney that no one really close to her addressed anything. Again, I bet if Bryan or Jensen gave an interview saying she isnt speaking bc she is watched all the time, she doesnt have access to her Instagram or she fears her dad wouldnt let her see her kids anymore, many artists would begin to talk about It. But all her family and friends are silent. No one had the balls to say anything, sadly i just think no one cares enough.

There is also the petition thing no one filed. No one filed this petition to begin ending the cship. Maybe Britney doesnt know about it, maybe Lynne doesnt want the cship to end, maybe Britney got used to live like that. Maybe she is sick of fighting and gave up. Maybe they promised her more time with her kids and she is now "okay" with the cship. The thing is we will never know. I really feel bad for fans that are really trying hoping something will change. I lost my hopes already. Im tired of all of this. I dont think Britney should be under a cship and I feel for her, but its pointless when we cant do much if Britney doesnt speak up. I wont buy anything Britney related anymore but I wont lose my sleep about all of this anymore as well. 

That's brand new information. 

It's not like all the farmers like to pet their cows. For some they are just something to milk in order to bring the bacon on the table. 

I mean... she is disconnected and clearly shows no sign of interest in having any contact with her fans. I mean, it's like that since forever. 

I don't blame her tho, we're part of something she doesn't like anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Lantis said:

That's brand new information. 

It's not like all the farmers like to pet their cows. For some they are just something to milk in order to bring the bacon on the table. 

I mean... she is disconnected and clearly shows no sign of interest in having any contact with her fans. I mean, it's like that since forever. 

I don't blame her tho, we're part of something she doesn't like anymore. 

Does she even realise how many people she used to inspire?  She can't just throw everything to trash like it's nothing. :crying2:

lord, you can't assume what the women thinks or feels...like damn, she shows all signs of loving her fans imo, we can't assume what she can or can't say, the conservatorship is VERY restrictive by the very nature of how long term conservatorships work and even then she clearly has dropped plenty of hints that she appreciates her fans and is doing her best to be free...what about the source saying that the white rose and "god bless you all" post was referring to her fans protesting for her? and i think she hates being hounded by paparazzi and that aspect of fame, but i don't think she hates music or performing at all. she clearly loves music, she's an artist which some people seem to forget. i don't think she would've kept trying to make art she wanted to make despite her team knocking her down time and time again, going all the way back to the britney era. people can be such doomsayers about britney sometimes, like defeatist and doom and gloom way too often...it ain't healthy

Personally I had to disagree with a lot of what you said. At the end of the day, The Zone was created by a team of others, it's not like Britney founded it. Yes she could have been there on opening night but tbh the whole thing is cheap and a bit of her stain on her legacy when they could have come up with something better to honour her career.

And the Domination announcement.... well the whole thing was a mess to begin with. But I remember reading (and I think there is a video of this) that Britney tried to sign a vinyl for a fan waiting but then she got pushed along by someone from her team and she seemed really annoyed by the whole situation.

As for the c-ship... there is a lot of stuff we don't know, and just because she isn't posting about 'needing help' doesn't mean she doesn't care about it. I mean she might be wanting to step away from social media (asides from the odd selfie/fashion show post, which lbh Lou is posting most of the time) not to mention that if she was constantly posting photos and videos about 'needing help' I do worry she might be branded as attention seeking by the GP/media. Social media can do more harm than good especially if you're not in the right mental state. There's also a lot of legal issues surrounding it which I don't think Britney can speak about it publicly. 

Also I know plenty of people who suffer from anxiety/depression... most stay at home because they fear having to go out and interact with people. So I don't think it's fair for you to say that. 

It's true she doesn't interact with us though... I think she's just happy being her own person, and I think sometimes she just wants to live a quiet life? Why wouldn't she? She's been in the spotlight since she was a teenager, she's almost 40, has two children and a boyfriend... She's spent most of her life working hard, and she's had so many people around her trying to tell her what to do. I think she just wants a break. 

24 minutes ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

lord, you can't assume what the women thinks or feels...like damn, she shows all signs of loving her fans imo, we can't assume what she can or can't say, the conservatorship is VERY restrictive by the very nature of how long term conservatorships work and even then she clearly has dropped plenty of hints that she appreciates her fans and is doing her best to be free...what about the source saying that the white rose and "god bless you all" post was referring to her fans protesting for her? and i think she hates being hounded by paparazzi and that aspect of fame, but i don't think she hates music or performing at all. she clearly loves music, she's an artist which some people seem to forget. i don't think she would've kept trying to make art she wanted to make despite her team knocking her down time and time again, going all the way back to the britney era. people can be such doomsayers about britney sometimes, like defeatist and doom and gloom way too often...it ain't healthy

I agree and not only do I think the constant doom and gloom is unhealthy but so is the obsession a lot of fans have with her. By that I mean, the fans who clearly like to act like they personally know her or know what’s in her mind. I’ve been a fan since day one so I understand what it feels like to feel like we know her but the reality is, we don’t. We are not her family, we are not friends, significant others or even staff. We do not interact with her personally, we are strangers to her just on the outside looking in, so what gives these fans the right to speak so matter of factly about what Britney is doing or not doing to help her situation?? By all means, assume until the cows come home but don’t speak stuff like it’s a fact. Most importantly, we are not Britney, so who are we to say what her thoughts and feelings are about anything?!?! Quite frankly, if I was Britney, I’d fear half this fan base.

There has been video evidence in this past decade of Britney trying to go over and interact with the fans and sign **** including at Domination and you see her handlers pulling her away!! One thing that can be said as a fact, is that her team obviously has some kind of power. As for no one really speaking out on her behalf, I’m sure everyone has to sign an NDA and just don’t wanna risk the consequences, quite frankly were lucky we had a few people who’ve worked with her allude to something not being right.

Considering how the press is with Britney, they take the smallest and most ridiculous **** and spin it to make her look crazy, so the fact that some fans wonder why she doesn’t speak out really boggles my mind.

20 minutes ago, Catalin said:

There's a good reason for that, don't you think?

i'm not saying we shouldn't be SAD for britney, we really should and even plenty of people that aren't particular huge fans of her are if you bring her up bc they know she went thru it hard and if you explain the current situation they're usually mortified even if just for a moment. mourning britney as if she died a decade ago, doubting if she even likes her fans, treating it like she's dead inside...it does her dirty. i have respect and hope for my favorite, i hold britney really really dearly for more than music, i won't go into it heavy bc its long and drawn out and not appropriate for this thread but her music & the behind the scenes **** she's gone through overlap astonishingly well with the ups and downs of my life, and when she was going through really, really bad things in 2007-2008, i was a kid in a bad home situation & fell in LOVE with blackout because it was an escape for me just like it was for her, i defended her in elementary school when she shaved her head and thought everyone was horribly cruel to her for no reason, i really have a special place for her and her music & treating her like she's just lost her spark and doesn't care and hates us all will never sit right with me. i know she has the desire and passion in her, i know she'll persevere because she has through so much more than most ever have to face, more than we probably will ever know all the way back to her childhood with ole alcoholic jamie, and she's one of my few idols & one of the only "celebrity" idols i have because of that. I know britney will come out on the other side, she's so strong, and i personally think holding hope and fighting for her freedom, public respect, legacy preservation and recognition, etc even in the small seemingly insignificant way most of us are only able to is what her stans are obligated to do, idk.

3 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

There have been plenty of reasons for why I think Britney could care less about us. If it wasn’t the lack of support she had for the Domination announcement (nearly walking down stairs and right into her car – after fans were there for hours) or her most recent lack of care in the Britney Experience / museum / or whatever you call it, it’s pretty clear that I can stand by this statement.

Yet again the question is asked, “where is Britney?” She wasn’t even there on opening night a few days ago. You think she would take some pride in showing her fans that she cares about us, but no, why would she?

Yes, I know you’re all going to say she’s not happy and she under a conservatorship. I’m not sure if that’s even the case. In fact, for all we know, she might be just fine with it. Britney is showing no signs of wanting help from us, and she doesn’t honor anything we do for her (fans protesting at court or even the hash tag #FreeBritney). She doesn’t even attend her own sessions regarding her hearings. If she was really itching to get out, she would attend every damn court hearing until it was over. The fact that she doesn’t thank us for our support or even communicate to us, it’s just outrageous. Meanwhile a bunch of other celebrities who also go through a lot of problems and issues personally still communicate with their fans and tell them what is up. 

Finally out of all of this, what are we doing? We are supporting to get her out of something that we don’t know all the facts. She is not coming to the media and crying to us and asking for help. It’s clear she is content with her life. 

This has been a mess since her dad was apparently “ill.” I think it was an excuse to get out of Domination and out of the spotlight. Her heart is clearly not into it, and she would rather make easy money by attaching her name to her 30th perfume bottle and also slap her name on a cheap “Britney experience” then to be creative. 

It’s clear the woman doesn’t have much of a life. She is always at home, doesn’t see her kids and you would think that she would want to get away from all of that and just work. Call me crazy, but people go to work everyday and battle heartache, financial problems and sometimes they have a disease and are fighting for their life. I suffer a lot of depression and anxiety, but if I stayed home everyday I would lose my mind. Yet Britney wants to just trash everything about her legendary star icon and just slap her name on anything to get easy money from her fans because she knows we’ll buy it. 

My sister loves Britney and when I told her about the Britney Experience, she rolled her eyes and said “come on! Give me a break! She does anything just to stay home.” You see what I mean? And she’s not even a fan like us though!

I met Britney back in 2017 at Piece of Me. You can tell she was very nervous and did not want to be there. Don’t get me wrong, she was sweet as ever, but was ready to get us all out of there. Britney is not the same Britney, and we have all talked about this before. I am starting to think things will never get better.

I personally think we should boycott this Britney experience thing and the #FreeBritney. We need to let her do what she wants, because clearly she doesn’t feel the same way for us. It must be so hard to have strangers absolutely love you and do everything they can to help you. 

She has been clearly contemplating her retirement ever since Blackout first came out. The whole "performing is like therapy for me" always seemed like a motto imposed on her rather than something she would seriously think to herself. Not to take the word of Adnan Ghalib of all people as gospel but I think he was really telling the truth when he said this back in the day 

“Britney said she wanted out of showbusiness in 2008. She hated the fame and not being able to go anywhere while being mobbed.

“She told me the Blackout album in 2007 was meant to be her last.

“She said, ‘I don’t care about the money. I want to be me again, Britney Jean. I love my fans, but I love my boys more’. 

1 hour ago, PlayboiMommy said:

She has been clearly contemplating her retirement ever since Blackout first came out. The whole "performing is like therapy for me" always seemed like a motto imposed on her rather than something she would seriously think to herself. Not to take the word of Adnan Ghalib of all people as gospel but I think he was really telling the truth when he said this back in the day 

And this was the last time, we saw the "Real Britney"...But since "Femme Fatal" the change was massive. Maybe the real Britney came back with "Glory" ...This kind of creepy.Brit said that, and soon after that,t they put her under conservatorship and uses a lot of doubles, like for the "TTWE" music video.Or another singer for her "Britney Jean" album. And she is not allowed to speak freely,uses her phone.There is something fishy about it.

2 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I agree and not only do I think the constant doom and gloom is unhealthy but so is the obsession a lot of fans have with her. By that I mean, the fans who clearly like to act like they personally know her or know what’s in her mind. I’ve been a fan since day one so I understand what it feels like to feel like we know her but the reality is, we don’t. We are not her family, we are not friends, significant others or even staff. We do not interact with her personally, we are strangers to her just on the outside looking in, so what gives these fans the right to speak so matter of factly about what Britney is doing or not doing to help her situation?? By all means, assume until the cows come home but don’t speak stuff like it’s a fact. Most importantly, we are not Britney, so who are we to say what her thoughts and feelings are about anything?!?! Quite frankly, if I was Britney, I’d fear half this fan base.

There has been video evidence in this past decade of Britney trying to go over and interact with the fans and sign **** including at Domination and you see her handlers pulling her away!! One thing that can be said as a fact, is that her team obviously has some kind of power. As for no one really speaking out on her behalf, I’m sure everyone has to sign an NDA and just don’t wanna risk the consequences, quite frankly were lucky we had a few people who’ve worked with her allude to something not being right.

Considering how the press is with Britney, they take the smallest and most ridiculous **** and spin it to make her look crazy, so the fact that some fans wonder why she doesn’t speak out really boggles my mind.

I agree. You pretty much are saying what I'm thinking except you worded it better than I did lol

4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I don't want or expect anything more from Britney the performer, I just want to see some sort of resolution for Britney the human and then I am moving on.  Her world is too toxic for me. 

If we really look at things, Britney the performer was done in 2004.  Britney truly was a product, although In The Zone was easily her artistic peak and she deserves credit for it.

The difference between Britney and other stars ranging from Madonna/MJ to Jlo or Beyonce is that Britney had 4 major tours in literally 5 years. 

That was just never the case with any of them at any time because Britney was the biggest product of all. (Somebody like Jlo probably only had 1 tour during that era and just award performances sprinkled.)

More critically, her performing was heavily reliant on dancing rather than singing.  Why is it surprising, then, that she had TWO knee injuries in 2004 after 3 previous major tours in the span of only 4 years?  (Again, she needed control of her career to have Breathe On Me be the follow up to Toxic and Everytime; they completely ****** that up with Outrageous destroying her knee for a second time in 2004) 

People keep saying she blew out her knee just with Outrageous.  FALSE. She already had an injury in her Onyx tour which should have raised flags (But no she was a product) and then re-injured her knee again with Outrageous, perhaps destroying her  high-level performing for good.

For an initial teen pop star, how the hell was longevity even a thought?

Even in her 2007 tour, while she looked great and had stage presence/confidence, her dancing just wasn't there as most attendees themselves said.  Again, if she had more practice rather than dealing with a custody battle etc... she might have returned to form; but it never happened.  And the 2007 VMA  that should have never happened destroyed her confidence.

That Mannequin rehearsal from 2008 was fine but its questionable whether she could do that dancing for 90+ minutes after 2007/2008.

Based on her continual touring/performing, how her performing style was, her initial audience, and her label/management decisions: Britney was done as a performer in 2004.  (The Circus Tour was stage presence and excellent production; )

Archived