Lady Gaga told the crowd she expected JLo and Shakira to sing live

Jordan Miller

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, there's no denying GAGA is an incredible performer who can do it all. That gives her no right to condemn anyone for personal choices in how they perform.

I know Gaga is supportive of Brit, but it's like there's always an underlying dig towards her... Artists have been lip syncing long before Gaga was around, and they'll continue to do it as long as the tickets keep on selling. I don't mind it at all if an artist chooses to lip sync when they're performing the hell out of the song. Some can do both, some can't. So what.

Let the artist be an artist. It's up to the fans, if they don't like it they'll respond.

Gaga is really good singer, but tbh J.Lo & Shakira are better dancers than her. 
I can understand Gaga cause I spend BIG money to learn how to sing perfectly, but the biggest and hardest lesson I've ever learned was that performances are not only about perfect vocal skills. Sometimes you need to leave away your perfectionism - because perfectionism may be boring. People came to see you because they want to have fun. 
Shows like Super Bowl need to be entertaining.

I'm on the side of performing live - im surprised she actually said that, but whatever, it's true.

I thought they were live where it counts.

For everyone that comes out with a single/ or albums, your job is being a vocal artist not a lip syncer. Unless you're doing drag or you're 5, its laziness and you're telling me to pretend youre better you are. The truth is that that is what Broadway performers train their entire lives to do and base their schedules around- some are better dancers, some are better singers but they do it 8 times a week for 3-4 hours and their life revolves around singing and dancing LIVE. And no one gives a **** about any of them. These personalities appear and appeal to some of us, but they need pampering and coddling and have no place doing it usuallly, and they cant, because they're unfit- spending more time doing dress up, playing with make-up and hair or "marketing" instead of working out and strengthening their ability to do the 1 thing they said they could do and they cant even do it. 

how quickly she forgets the low she was at when she was working with a ****** and being ridiculed...**** on others when you're on top to push yourself even higher i guess. not that i don't like live singing, and don't like JLO, but like, if the ladies are gonna put on a great show and dance their ***** off, let them use some playback without bitching. dancing set to playback with good vocals would get someone more hyped than trying to flail around on stage singing with better live vocals imo

3 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

Okay, there's no denying GAGA is an incredible performer who can do it all. That gives her no right to condemn anyone for personal choices in how they perform.

I know Gaga is supportive of Brit, but it's like there's always an underlying dig towards her... Artists have been lip syncing long before Gaga was around, and they'll continue to do it as long as the tickets keep on selling. I don't mind it at all if an artist chooses to lip sync when they're performing the hell out of the song. Some can do both, some can't. So what.

Let the artists be an artist. It's up to the fans, if they don't like it they'll respond.

THIS! 

These days most artists have lip synced at some point in their career. Also even if they sing live they still have either a backing track or backup singers. 

Micheal Jackson lip synced multiple times and yet people still filled out stadiums to see him. Even his iconic Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean was lipped. It doesn’t make him less of an artist or less ofan entertainer. 

Celine Dion said it best “lip syncing existed a long long time ago and it will always be”

Yeah, her superbowl was superior imo and she probably sang more live than anyone I can think of, but is she living under a rock? People lipsynch a lot during superbowl, get over it. Its not bc she didnt lipsync - or barely lipsynched, that everyone has to do the same. People ***** about Taylor all the time but imo she comes across more likeable than Gaga. Ive never seen her dissing anyone bc of playback, not playing instruments or writing her own songs and Taylor does it all. The same with Pink... She loves to shade people bc of that. I think they think doing that will make them look better or deserving more credit. 

I mean Adele wanted to see Britney and never bitched about the playback bc she probably accepts different artists and doesnt think shes better than anyone bc she sings live all the time. I think Gaga is a really good artist but her personality keeps me from liking her even more. 

Artists like GAGA and P!nk can pull off high energy performances with live vocals. That's their merit, kudos to them.

Image result for britney blowing gif"

But it doesn't mean everyone must be held by the same standard. Different strengths offer variety. Some artists need a vocal boost to allow themselves more freedom to entertain. This is not the same as just standing with a mic mouthing the words not dancing. 

I'll take Britney hitting the choreo all-out over singing live and holding back any day (though current pre-recordings would be appreciated). 

6 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

Let the artist be an artist. It's up to the fans, if they don't like it they'll respond.

That's right plus she can't do It All, She can't dance half as good as jlo, shakira and the worst Britney if you ask me, actually she can't dance for good. Plus she looks horrible in this vid, sorry i had to say It. :byetina:

:tiffeyeroll: 

7 minutes ago, toysoldier88 said:

That's right plus she can't do It All, She can't dance half as good as jlo, shakira and the worst Britney if you ask me, actually she can't dance for good. Plus she looks horrible in this vid, sorry i had to say It. :byetina:

but she makes up for all above with her lovely personality :jlostare:

11 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

Preach!  Just about all artists lip sync at some point so I can't understand why everyone always chooses to point out Britney for it

I love live singing and great vocals  but its the Superbowl... Its supposed to be a spectacle and I understand any artist who would want to make sure its as perfect as possible. Also Gaga is a fantastic singer but I honestly cant stand her as a performer. Her choreo is always **** and she is constantly yelling at the audience to do **** or something. My favorite performances of hers are when she is just sitting on the piano and singin a milllion reasons or shallow.

Its kind of cunty of her to pre judge Shakira and JLO especially since she did the Superbowl show and knows how stressed out they probably were. I dont mind artists saying they dont like lipsyncing. Christina is one of my faves and complained about being forced to lipsync in the past and I didnt mind. But this was a direct dig at two other singers and for someone who constantly acts all "girlpower" and "we have to stick together" it was a shitty thing to say.

Also if you go on stage looking like that you should probably stfu.

10 hours ago, JeNny_C said:

Preach!  Just about all artists lip sync at some point so I can't understand why everyone always chooses to point out Britney for it

It's the only thing that's kept me from the little monsters clan, honestly. Otherwise, I like Gaga. Any shade towards Brit, even the tiniest bit, is a hard limit for me.  

12 hours ago, JeNny_C said:

The same way a lot of artists never won a single grammy but people usually only made fun of Katy Perry for this 

Archived