Super Bowl comment party

Jordan Miller

Shakira's energy onstage was amazing!  JLo was good but didn't dance as much or as hard as Shakira but I know it took a lot of strength to do the pole moves.    It was entertaining but not the best one ever.  I'm not the biggest fan of JLo's music.  I do feel like Shakira is super talented though and for her being 43 and JLo 50 that's pretty darn good:tiffanynod:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I notice is that when you have good and nostalgic worldwide hits, it takes a lot of pressure off you. JLO doesn't. the focus was more on what she is doing.

Can you just imagine BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic, Gimme More?

they all have some of the most iconic intros in pop history. 

Unfortunately I don't see this happening ever. :heresthetea:

20 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I enjoyed the show, I wish Jlo opened first though as the opening was a little weak and Jlo’s entrance was over the top as expected but I can see why they did it this way, like a slow ease to a big party. 

I felt the crowd surf was unnecessary, Jlo wasted what could have been more hits instead dance to J balvin. I also might be in the minority or get chastised but I don’t really care for her daughter, I know it’s more for Jlo but she’s been appearing in a lot of jlo’s videos and it’s almost like she’s promoting her daughter like spawning another Jlo. That’s my opinion. 

overall, I think it was a great performance. I love all the dance breaks and both ladies made it look fun.

I thought having her daughter there was an interesting - but random - move, too. Then I saw comments about the political undertone of that section. JLo was making a statement about the current political climate and how children are being put in cages (seen by the children singing in the cage contraptions). Apparently JLo really put her foot down with putting that segment in because a lot of people tried to persuade her to leave the politics out. I admit JLo seems like a diva (even though she was super sweet when I met her), but I have to give her mad props and respect for sticking with what she believes in and using her platform on the Super Bowl stage to spread a message!

• Content Curators
20 hours ago, Catalin said:

Britney will never, let's be honest.

ik

lmfao like i dont want her to

her bbma level was good but not nearly good enough for the superbowl and i dont want her to be ripped to shreds

shakira danced her *** off, belly danced, played drums, guitar, crowd surfed

and still was hated on bc she lip synced a song or two, not even the whole time 

• Content Curators
36 minutes ago, sue the expectional earner said:

they were amazing. they're older than brit and look what they can do. our brit lost everything, i'm in pain

the world really broke her

and she was further broken by something that was supposed to "save" her

:deadbanana: poor girl

although 2016ney gave me hope 

1 hour ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

ik

lmfao like i dont want her to

her bbma level was good but not nearly good enough for the superbowl and i dont want her to be ripped to shreds

shakira danced her *** off, belly danced, played drums, guitar, crowd surfed

and still was hated on bc she lip synced a song or two, not even the whole time 

Did Gaga get any criticism over her superbowl performance? I remember people praising her a lot. I saw so many people shading Shakira and she isnt even hated by the majority of pop stars fans. They were talking about the playback, that she wasnt dancing that hard and lacked energy :xfactorlook: was Shakira better in the past? Yes but she was in her 20s so people have to let that **** go. She did amazing, there is no need to say she was better in the past bc no one keeps performing the same way they did at their prime.

People were also saying Jennifer was better and before the superbowl, americans outlets were shading her saying Jennifer didnt need her, so I wont lie I laughed when Shakira who is from a south america country, is pretty lowkey and isnt in the media all the time stole all the attention from media and gp. At one point she was even more tweeted about than the own superbowl. I mean, whenever wherever is now at #1 in the USA iTunes and she has other 3 songs in the top 10. Talk about star power!

28 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Did Gaga get any criticism over her superbowl performance? I remember people praising her a lot. I saw so many people shading Shakira and she isnt even hated by the majority of pop stars fans. They were talking about the playback, that she wasnt dancing that hard and lacked energy :xfactorlook: was Shakira better in the past? Yes but she was in her 20s so people have to let that **** go. She did amazing, there is no need to say she was better in the past bc no one keeps performing the same way they did at their prime.

People were also saying Jennifer was better and before the superbowl, americans outlets were shading her saying Jennifer didnt need her, so I wont lie I laughed when Shakira who is from a south america country, is pretty lowkey and isnt in the media all the time stole all the attention from media and gp. At one point she was even more tweeted about than the own superbowl. I mean, whenever wherever is now at #1 in the USA iTunes and she has other 3 songs in the top 10. Talk about star power!

people called Gaga too fat and said that her jump looked awkward and some other ****.

Also I dont like him but JTs show was better than anything Britney has done performance wise since 2010 and he got ripped apart by the world. Doing the Superbowl at her current level will destroy her legacy.

I feel like Shakira is bigger globally than JLo. At least she is where I live. Jlo is more of a tv personality with a vegas show now.

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, toxiccriminal said:

I thought having her daughter there was an interesting - but random - move, too. Then I saw comments about the political undertone of that section. JLo was making a statement about the current political climate and how children are being put in cages (seen by the children singing in the cage contraptions). Apparently JLo really put her foot down with putting that segment in because a lot of people tried to persuade her to leave the politics out. I admit JLo seems like a diva (even though she was super sweet when I met her), but I have to give her mad props and respect for sticking with what she believes in and using her platform on the Super Bowl stage to spread a message!

Yeah I didn’t get it either until I read about that. I thought that was nice, even though it was an opportunity to show off her daughter. I guess if it was a one time thing then I wouldn’t mind but she’s been putting her daughter in so many of her projects that it ruins the message as now people are just focused on her and her daughter.  I still like her and accept she is a diva. She’s is still good at what she does.

• Content Curators
59 minutes ago, The Dream said:

Me too. Patience :bedtime: I am almost sure, she will do nothing unless it's on her terms and we all can do nothing but compromise and deal with it.

It's a characteristic of hers that we love about her.

ive always noticed the longer the break the greater the album or performance she produces

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

people called Gaga too fat and said that her jump looked awkward and some other ****.

Also I dont like him but JTs show was better than anything Britney has done performance wise since 2010 and he got ripped apart by the world. Doing the Superbowl at her current level will destroy her legacy.

I feel like Shakira is bigger globally than JLo. At least she is where I live. Jlo is more of a tv personality with a vegas show now.

Oh yeah, the body shaming. But other than that I dont remember people criticizing her for her vocals, dancing or energy. 

Tbh I prefer 2016 BBMAs over his superbowl anyday of the week. It was very basic for a superbowl but he had a few seconds where he danced really good tho. His vmas vanguard award performance was so much better, maybe thats why I expected more from him. It wasnt that bad but he came right after Gaga who slayed the whole thing..  i think that made him look bad. 

Yeah thats why i was surprised when some people here wanted to say Jlo was bigger. I mean maybe Jlo is still bigger in the usa bc she works a lot and she promotes her brand all glammed up meanwhile Shakira is only wearing tshirts taking care of her kids in Spain. I think both have been flopping in the USA for a while, but like I said pages ago, Shakira is way bigger in South America/latin countries and Europe and always have been. She has so many iconic moments and the superbowl just proved that to all americans who doubted her and thought she wasnt a star like Jennifer. 

Ok, so I've manage to watch Shakira's initial part LOVED IT and about half of JLo's cuz she's tiresome for me always with all that much rehalsed routines and heavy makeup

cannot stand kids and waka waka :ipass:

How people can be shocked by pole dancing if it's Olympic discipline?

2 hours ago, falka said:

Ok, so I've manage to watch Shakira's initial part LOVED IT and about half of JLo's cuz she's tiresome for me always with all that much rehalsed routines and heavy makeup

cannot stand kids and waka waka :ipass:

How people can be shocked by pole dancing if it's Olympic discipline?

pole dancing is a sport but its not in the Olympics.

Great dancing, but it was a bad performance compared to Gaga's or even Katy's.

Why? Because they changed songs every 10 seconds. That was way too fast. In the end, no time for any epic build-up due to that, apart from when they sang together.

(Also, the ugly badly-dressed rappers were so unnecessary; they have zero talent and were autotuned to death). :britdrown:

Archived