Anyone Else Love Crossroads?

Thinkin'AboutYou

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame she never get a chance to appear in more movies, like Gaga or Rihanna did. Her prime was in a time when screenwriters seen pop stars completely different, like cute/stupid **** for teenagers only. Now they know pop stars can bring more attention to the movie. I wish I could see her in more serious role, something for older public.
Can you imagine Britney in a sci fi movie? That would be so amazing :gobaby:

5 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

It's a shame she never get a chance to appear in more movies, like Gaga or Rihanna did. Her prime was in a time when screenwriters seen pop stars completely different, like cute/stupid **** for teenagers only. Now they know pop stars can bring more attention to the movie. I wish I could see her in more serious role, something for older public.
Can you imagine Britney in a sci fi movie? That would be so amazing :gobaby:

Yeah, I really wish she could've done more! I thought her acting was really good in Crossroads, it would've been amazing to see her in other genres. Spaceney would incredible.

3 minutes ago, Thinkin'AboutYou said:

Yeah, I really wish she could've done more! I thought her acting was really good in Crossroads, it would've been amazing to see her in other genres. Spaceney would incredible.

Yes, and clearly she was enjoying acting. She seems to be tired of performing and doing shows, maybe acting would be kind of renaissance for her career. New beginning after getting back her freedom.  :tifftear:

she should've been allowed to put off recording heavy for a while (maybe release in the zone in summer of early fall of 2004, slowly record it through mid 2003-mid 2004) & really had more effort put into crossroads and her acting skills imo. she was a competent actor and most reviews iirc highlighted her acting as either one of the highlights and above expectations, surprisingly decent, etc or at least standard and not what made the movie a dud. they should've made it a more solid storyline, and less "look! britney spears in a movie!". it was a commercial success anyway actually, and didn't have a huge budget but grossed well. look at some of her fellow popstars, beyonce's first feature film (autstin powers gold member) was a commercial success with a ~60 something million dollar budget, and her first feature film that was clearly a BEYONCE movie grossed ~32.7M against a budget of ~30M, not even enough for a sequel, and madonna's first big role in shanghai suprise was a massive bomb with a deficit, and both bad reviews (esp shanghai suprise), yet crossroads grossed ~61M against a tiny *** budget ~12M....like, thats a huge success yet people laugh @ crossroads but aint out here talking about much worse fairing films of her peers...annoying

I think Crossroads is a much better film than a lot of people, including the fans, give it credit for. I love it partially out of nostalgia, partially because it's a pretty good movie in my opinion. The heavier topics it deals with were not only handled well, but gave it an edge over most chick flicks. Not to mention Britney's acting is great and she clearly enjoyed doing it. But critics will never like Britney, nor the GP it seems. :tiffeyeroll: Both deadpanned it instantly and now no one even bothers to watch it before talking **** about it. :smokney2:

• 3 weeks later...

Shes the best part about the movie, the direction and script are the worse part. You can tell Jive got involved and was like it needs more Britney Spears and performances so we can sell the music. Her singing and wanting to do music in the story should have been just the karaoke and writing poems. Not turning into Britney Spears at the end.

Archived