Listen To This Mashup Of Britney Spears Songs By Independent Pop Artist Dyllan White

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Up-and-coming pop musician Dyllan White, the first artist in BreatheHeavy’s Creators roster, threw a bunch of Britney Spears fan-favorites into a cauldron and brewed a mashup of epic and unique proportions.

In our interview together (see below), Dyllan doubles down on the importance of self-confidence in your work, because let’s face it… sharing your art with the world is scary.

“At the end of the day, I think with anything artistic, you have to be the first person to like it,” he said. “If you don’t like it, don’t release it. If you love it, and you feel confident about it then definitely do it.”

He added: “I know when my music comes out, some people love and I’m sure there are some people that hate it, but at the end of the day I love it and I feel good about it. That’s all you can really ask for.”

Watch our interview together here.

What about Britney’s music inspires you?

It’s fun, it’s free, it’s **** without trying. She really knows how to make a bop and get her fans to the dance floor. I want that with my music, people running to the dance floor saying “this is MY sooooong.”

Why did you choose to mashup the particular songs that you did?

They are all songs I think are great, and I wanted to mix some major hits with some hits that non die-hard Britney fans wouldn’t necessarily remember. The beat and the attitude is right up my alley… I felt I could really showcase my sound and style with this mashup / cover. Plus it flowed so well and I had a blast adding more while I was recording. So many songs to pick from so ultimately it was what made sense sonically, lyrically but what was fun for me to record. Plus! This V-Day 2020 is the 15 yr anniversary of “Do Somethin’” being released as a single, and I haven’t really heard this song covered, especially not in this way. 

What do you want people to take away from the track?

My creativity. Personality. Fun. I feel my musical style is really showcased in this. I produce my music, so I also wanted to showcase how I do production (the layering, left right vocals, ad libs etc)… showcase how I deliver vocals and still showcase my writing style (even though I didn’t write the songs, but showing how I can mashup different songs lyrically). I have lots of personality in my songs, so I wanted to make sure you walked away knowing that. I wanted to keep the vibe of her song, but put my twist. I love the energy and didn’t want to lose it.

What do you think most Britney fans have in common?

Free spirited. People who want to have fun. Likes to go out. Loves a bop, loves to dance and let loose. Letting your inner pop star out and feeling good. Reeeeally good. 

Thoughts on Dyllan’s mashup? Let us know what you think in the comments. 

dyllan-white.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived