I can't get over the PCD performance - Primeney vibes

LeglessJamie

I feel like this performance was really safe and we've seen Nicole do this without them. The new song sounds dope and I'm excited that theyre back, but I do hope they learned from past mistakes at least let Carmit (who was the original 2nd lead singer) get some shine. 

The other girls talked so much **** about the way the group was and then came back to repeat the same mistakes? I hope its just this performance.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

You know the flash dance reference is so overdone now. It’s a dull performance to me, there’s a reason Britney can just walk onstage half asleep and still kick it because she exudes so much charisma without her knowing it. I have no respect for Nicole, after Melody went on that rant on the circus tour and with this performance, it shows she always wants to be the only star in the group. 

5 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You know the flash dance reference is so overdone now. It’s a dull performance to me, there’s a reason Britney can just walk onstage half asleep and still kick it because she exudes so much charisma without her knowing it. I have no respect for Nicole, after Melody went on that rant on the circus tour and with this performance, it shows she always wants to be the only star in the group. 

I don't know about this rant - did she do it during the concert?

• Super Mods
24 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I don't know about this rant - did she do it during the concert?

I’ll see if I can find it but not really a rant but after Nicole hyped up the audience, Melody stepped in and preached to the audience to always follow your dreams and to not let nobody and she emphasize NOBODY keep you down, you know she was talking about Nicole,that caused a little awkward moment as Nicole acted like nothing and moved on but you can sense the tension as they performed. 

ok found it, audio sucks 

40 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I’ll see if I can find it but not really a rant but after Nicole hyped up the audience, Melody stepped in and preached to the audience to always follow your dreams and to not let nobody and she emphasize NOBODY keep you down, you know she was talking about Nicole,that caused a little awkward moment as Nicole acted like nothing and moved on but you can sense the tension as they performed. 

ok found it, audio sucks 

What a mess! Thanks for sharing 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Tear the floor up up said:

What a mess! Thanks for sharing 

Yeah that’s when I realized Nicole was a ***** because girls in Eden’s Crush said Nicole was a diva. 

I wonder if this is the Oakland show because of it is then I probably witness it live?!? It’s been so long everything is a blur (so I can understand Britney not remembering EVERY SINGLE THING she done in her career) but I know seeing Nicole glaring at Melody and throughout the performance she made sure she out sang Melody and was always made sure she was the center (btw Melody is a better vocalist, her voice sounds crystal clear and she hits the high notes with ease while Nicole sounds screechy and voice was hoarse by the time their act was done) 

12 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Yea. I thought it was pretty bad.

To me, Nicole lacks stage charisma; she's not interesting to watch alone and her live vocals have always sounded bland to me regardless of how many high notes she can hit. I'm not a big PCD fan but where was Melody? If they're reuniting then I want Melody back, at least she had character! This looked too much like a  typical Nicole Swesdfljfadsifhsdfiosd performance. Hasn't she learned that PCD is more than just her? This is a character group with the lead singer Nicole. Show us the other characters too or gtfo Nicole.

Have you seen these guys live? Um... hello they'r'e dancing way more than your fav and actually singing.

18 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Their X Factor performance...I mean it gives me SO MUCH PRIMENEY VIBES!

The chair performance with the water was PERFECT, Now I'm actually sad Britney didn't do that for either Stronger or Toxic during POM!

It's so simple (a chair with water falling over you ain't hard right?!) yet it looks so stunning and energetic!:clap:

I'm reliving nostalgia cause of the performance, her team needs to take notes from this performance! Definitely one (if not) the best performance in a while I've ever seen an artist pull off!

They killed it. Those who hate on it are either blind or delusional. No offence, but this exudes *** appeal and they owned that stage and did more moves than Brit does in her whole show. This proves that all the excuses are just that: excuses. You can dance like your prime.

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah that’s when I realized Nicole was a ***** because girls in Eden’s Crush said Nicole was a diva. 

I wonder if this is the Oakland show because of it is then I probably witness it live?!? It’s been so long everything is a blur (so I can understand Britney not remembering EVERY SINGLE THING she done in her career) but I know seeing Nicole glaring at Melody and throughout the performance she made sure she out sang Melody and was always made sure she was the center (btw Melody is a better vocalist, her voice sounds crystal clear and she hits the high notes with ease while Nicole sounds screechy and voice was hoarse by the time their act was done) 

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

ok found it, audio sucks 

The reason behind that rant was that when the Jai-Ho! (You Are My Destiny) single cover came out it said "A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls FEAT. Nicole Scherzinger" as if she was apart from PCD so Melody said something like "thanks for all the support even tho I'm not featured" during her speech. This was during the Phoenix date: April 24th, 2009.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

The reason behind that rant was that when the Jai-Ho! (You Are My Destiny) single cover came out it said "A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls FEAT. Nicole Scherzinger" as if she was apart from PCD so Melody said something like "thanks for all the support even tho I'm not featured" during her speech. This was during the Phoenix date: April 24th, 2009.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

I thought the performance was absolutely brilliant, one of the best, well executed pop performances that I've seen in many years. I've already watched it 3 times this morning!

Their dancing was on point, and I think that Nicole is a brilliant vocalist. They all exude such star energy.

I was slightly disappointed that they made it the Nicole show, but as people have already stated, Nicole is the one that stood out from the group and the only one people ever really remember. Hopefully the others will get some time to shine during the tour, but this wasn't the right time to go trying to fit everyone in.

I can't really understand anybody that says she lacks charisma, I think she's a phenomenal performer and she seems to really shine when with the other girls, more so than when she was solo. They bring out good energy from one another.

Also, I don't agree with speculating that Nicole is a *****, I've crossed paths with her once or twice and she seems genuinely sweet, a bit diva-ish but it comes with the territory. She wanted to be a star so of course you're gonna do what you have to do in this industry. If somebody came to you and said 'you can have £20,000 or you can have £5,000 and the rest will be spent on cat food', you're obviously going to take the 20k.

3 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I thought the performance was absolutely brilliant, one of the best, well executed pop performances that I've seen in many years. I've already watched it 3 times this morning!

Their dancing was on point, and I think that Nicole is a brilliant vocalist. They all exude such star energy.

I was slightly disappointed that they made it the Nicole show, but as people have already stated, Nicole is the one that stood out from the group and the only one people ever really remember. Hopefully the others will get some time to shine during the tour, but this wasn't the right time to go trying to fit everyone in.

I can't really understand anybody that says she lacks charisma, I think she's a phenomenal performer and she seems to really shine when with the other girls, more so than when she was solo. They bring out good energy from one another.

Also, I don't agree with speculating that Nicole is a *****, I've crossed paths with her once or twice and she seems genuinely sweet, a bit diva-ish but it comes with the territory. She wanted to be a star so of course you're gonna do what you have to do in this industry. If somebody came to you and said 'you can have £20,000 or you can have £5,000 and the rest will be spent on cat food', you're obviously going to take the 20k.

I genuinely don't understand your analogy with the money and cat food. 

I am going to give my honest opinion: She lacks star power by herself - as a leader of a team she looks empowered and there is so much going on with coordination with the other group members and every character in the group brings something different (even if they are glorified backup dancers). Also, her solo single choices (or the songs offered to her management) sucks for the most part, or all those song become generic because of her somewhat bland voice/personality.

I can honestly compare her to J-Lo, only she has talent for singing, but with the same problems - She puts too much power on appearing diva-ish and non-relatable that she becomes that - people are gonna like her photos and stories, but music wise there's so many pop divas that the market is over-saturated.

Britney has been serving real teas, relatability, cuteness tied in with dancing persona, Pink has been selling motivational stories/inspiration and acrobatics, Katy Perry has been making catchy mindless bops with colorful visuals, Adele is the vocal powerhouse, Avril has been quirky  and rebellious (I do know she is somewhat becoming irrelevant but she was super popular back then and some), Ariana is a descendant of Mariah with the perks of being a young gorgeous millennial, Rihanna is a super cool bad ***** and is owning it. Nicole does not tell any kind of story - she is this star that knows how to dance and is ****, but her character from as much as we know - she has been only painted like a ***** that wants all the spotlight to her - and the music does not tell us much more ('Right There' had some Hawaiian vibes though which I loved but this and Heartbeat seem to be the only exceptions!). 

P.S. Always found her 'bulimia' argument about her behavior super laughable. She has her whole life been a super skinny model body-wise. Did she somehow managed to get out of bulimia and learn how to be healthy that thin as well? Also, how did her having bulimia justify her being a ***** towards other members?

P.P.S. The performance was great. It's not innovative per say (Fifth Harmony did it similar), but Fifth Harmony are not all **** per say and they always try to have their vocals in the forefront (in sacrifice to better dance routines). And also, some of them are barely able to coordinate themselves in space let alone dance (sorry Ally)

On 12/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, Shadow2003 said:

Well, I can't get over this PCD performance. :queenie: :queenie: :queenie:

But this new one is good, yeah... I like the stage (:jj:). As others have already pointed out, their costumes do look a bit like Britney's from the "Pretty Girls" performance.

In both performances (this new one and the legendary AMA 2006), I noticed one thing: they don't really look like a group when dancing. It really feels like they'd need a few more rehearsals. The best way I can describe it is a group project where each of the group's members have a different amount of experience and knowledge about the subject (if that makes sense).

Whatever happened behind the scenes that night, Melody only showed how immature she was. Now look where your solo career has taken you :raven:

Archived