Britney father got her finances and career back on track

Cappycorn87

I keep hearing some say that about her father which is head scratcher because he's never been great with his own finances, and Britney never had financial problems.  I do not trust a word coming from anyone who benefit financially from Britney being in the conservatorship .

How is it that he got her career back on track when it was never in trouble.   Blackout debut at #2, was set for #1 but that quick rule change messed things up, with good first week numbers and most of the singles still performed and sold well despite the turmoil at the time.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is a human first. A mother/daughter/sister second. A pop-star/businesswoman third. A public figure fourth. 

As a human, she clearly went through something (and like all humans is probably still going through stuff). This doesn’t mean she deserves to be reduced to a pathological diagnosis and subject to ridicule and judgement.

As a member of a family, no doubt her parents tried to help her through it. And no doubt there are difficult dynamics at play within the family. Every family has it’s dynamics/difficulties. I believe that their help was intended authentically, and although it may not have been ideal, it was almost certainly helpful in at least some ways. 

As a business/brand there is a whole other set of priorities and goals. There are layers of stakeholders involved, some with good intentions and some with selfish intentions. That’s business, and especially show business. Britney has always seemed to me like the type who prefers to leave that stuff to her team. Maybe she wishes she had more control over aspects of it, but overall she has a team for a reason, and I don’t believe she wants to be responsible for navigating the complexities and realities of business.

As a public figure, there are even further layers of complexity. There are expectations to act a certain way and say the right things, not only from the fans, but from the stakeholders, her family, and her own expectations on herself. 

We don’t know the full story, but if we can see it from a holistic perspective we can understand that Britney is a human being, living in a VERY complex world. She has said it herself that her circumstances are complicated but that she is strong and gets what she wants. I believe her. I believe that she has a good grasp on the whole picture and is happy to be managing it all as best as possible, given the immense complexity. She is stronger than people give her credit for, and even if things in one area are challenging, she’s a boss *****, and she knows how to fight when she has to. 

This “fanbase” has such a limited perspective and is not helping with all this conspiracy crap.

7 hours ago, northfacing said:

Britney is a human first. A mother/daughter/sister second. A pop-star/businesswoman third. A public figure fourth. 

As a human, she clearly went through something (and like all humans is probably still going through stuff). This doesn’t mean she deserves to be reduced to a pathological diagnosis and subject to ridicule and judgement.

As a member of a family, no doubt her parents tried to help her through it. And no doubt there are difficult dynamics at play within the family. Every family has it’s dynamics/difficulties. I believe that their help was intended authentically, and although it may not have been ideal, it was almost certainly helpful in at least some ways. 

As a business/brand there is a whole other set of priorities and goals. There are layers of stakeholders involved, some with good intentions and some with selfish intentions. That’s business, and especially show business. Britney has always seemed to me like the type who prefers to leave that stuff to her team. Maybe she wishes she had more control over aspects of it, but overall she has a team for a reason, and I don’t believe she wants to be responsible for navigating the complexities and realities of business.

As a public figure, there are even further layers of complexity. There are expectations to act a certain way and say the right things, not only from the fans, but from the stakeholders, her family, and her own expectations on herself. 

We don’t know the full story, but if we can see it from a holistic perspective we can understand that Britney is a human being, living in a VERY complex world. She has said it herself that her circumstances are complicated but that she is strong and gets what she wants. I believe her. I believe that she has a good grasp on the whole picture and is happy to be managing it all as best as possible, given the immense complexity. She is stronger than people give her credit for, and even if things in one area are challenging, she’s a boss *****, and she knows how to fight when she has to. 

This “fanbase” has such a limited perspective and is not helping with all this conspiracy crap.

I’m just trying to understand your post so forgive me if I’m misreading it, but are you pro-conservatorship? That’s how I’m reading your post. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy that our girl has a yearning for freedom and the people surrounding her business and day to day activities have proved unsavory. If anything there’s more evidence pointing AGAINST them than there is in their favor.

Sorry if I’m not grasping your post, but it reads off as someone who believes whatever crap her team spews out and takes everything at face value.

I’m the first person to call out an annoying “conspiracy” and the annoying crap people put online, but I think there’s been a lot of evidence not only this year but from every year since 2008 that she wants out of her current situation

On 11/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, northfacing said:

You are absolutely right that we don't know all the ins and outs of the situation. But this post is still f**king stupid:NYsassy:

There’s no denying that his intervention helped save Brit and her career. Those were very dark times and I think we were all scared for her, and felt a great relief once everything seemed better for her and even got a successful career back with Circus. 
However, after so many years it seems his help went too far, but above all, his control over her as a person. She’s an adult and seems perfectly fine (Normal) when she’s working.
None of us know what is really going on with her and her health, which makes it hard to give an opinion and criticize either side. I just wish she (or her family) were honest about all of it and make something out of her illness or situation. We live in such a different world now where we all a re more understanding. So I believe it would be great for her to just sit down, talk about it, be honest, and this will all take a huge burden off of her (and us).

39 minutes ago, Jerrycan said:

There’s no denying that his intervention helped save Brit and her career. Those were very dark times and I think we were all scared for her, and felt a great relief once everything seemed better for her and even got a successful career back with Circus. 
However, after so many years it seems his help went too far, but above all, his control over her as a person. She’s an adult and seems perfectly fine (Normal) when she’s working.
None of us know what is really going on with her and her health, which makes it hard to give an opinion and criticize either side. I just wish she (or her family) were honest about all of it and make something out of her illness or situation. We live in such a different world now where we all a re more understanding. So I believe it would be great for her to just sit down, talk about it, be honest, and this will all take a huge burden off of her (and us).

A sit down wil not happen because her father and others who benefit financially from her being in it are working hard to keep it going.  Britney is not ok with this conservatorship and they dont want that getting out.  Her father and other will be in a lot of legal trouble once she's out of it because then the media will be free to report her situation accurately.

10 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

A sit down wil not happen because her father and others who benefit financially from her being in it are working hard to keep it going.  Britney is not ok with this conservatorship and they dont want that getting out.  Her father and other will be in a lot of legal trouble once she's out of it because then the media will be free to report her situation accurately.

I know it won’t happen. Just saying it would be ideal for her/them to be honest about it all given that none of us know exactly what’s going on, what or how she feels, to have an opinion and create wars and judgements about it. These times are ideal to make a point about mental health if she/they were up to it. One can only dream.

17 hours ago, Jerrycan said:

I know it won’t happen. Just saying it would be ideal for her/them to be honest about it all given that none of us know exactly what’s going on, what or how she feels, to have an opinion and create wars and judgements about it. These times are ideal to make a point about mental health if she/they were up to it. One can only dream.

Only if people are actually wrong and there IS something going on that warrants that kind of cship and none of the corrupt findings are true. And at this point it’s clear that’s (mostly) not the case. 

And I’m not here to see Britney give people lies in favor of her corrupt team on national television. It’s very much confirmed she doesn’t want to be that controlled. What would this do for her if she talked about her mental health (which she absolutely doesn’t have to) if that’s only gonna give everyone more reasons to keep her controlled when she doesn’t want to be? Look at For The Record. Did they let her talk about the cship? Yes, briefly. And they also cut out hours upon hours of material. And that was at the very beginning of the cship.

cant expect people to let her be honest about all of this when they won’t even let her say on TV that she’s in a cship that makes some things within her job hard.

Her career was in trouble, though. No one at the time was talking about Blackout mainly, it was her 'crazy' personal life. If anything, Blackout was this nice little surprise that had people generally saying 'oh wow, she's released an album amongst all this and its actually good!' - that was the general tone. She also still had a big enough fanbase/ younger popularity back then that would have carried anything she made into at least the top 5.  I'm not diminishing Blackout in anyway, it's one of the best of her careers,  but there were a lot of factors at play. Ironically I think part of the reason it actually was released was because of the chaos of her personal life. It well could have been another Original Doll.

But OP is wrong, her finances were dire. It's well documented she owed lawyers, Kevin, others hundreds of thousands, rented numerous cars and houses on credit and was close to broke. I think, there had to be a conservatorship, or something of the like; not just for her but for her career and the long term plans for her and her boys. There is no way she would have been able to do a tour as huge as circus without some form of guardianship, purely just from an insurance angle. Tour companies/venues etc would considered her a huge gamble since her last TV performance was literally the 07VMAs and would have needed some kind of assurances it wouldn't be a disaster and they would lose millions they invested. I also think it was billed to Britney as something else. It's been clear since the start she's never really liked the business side of things: promo, scheduling, etc so I think this was sold as "you get to focus on making music and performing, and we'll sort the rest". 

I have many thoughts about the conservatorship now, I think it's personally gone on too long, but I also know you can just end something like that so abruptly; for the person, or legally - it has to be a process. I have a theory part of the reason Domination unravelled is because the conservatorship was being scaled back personally. I think either she decided she just didn't want to do another show so soon, knew Jamie was probably handing over the reigns to someone else due to age and saw an opportunity. Either that or, while it was being scaled back, people saw actually she was so used to being surrounded in this bubble; she wasn't able to cope without it. The point is we'll never know, and probably never will understand why it has all played out the way it has because it is so nuanced like one poster said. I think simply shouting "she deserves to be free!" is looking at it too simply. Yeah, in general, everyone deserves to be free. It doesn't mean everyone is, and there isn't a number of valid reasons why that isn't so.

I am f**king sick and tired of people saying that

Why is it so hard for a parent to come into their children's life and help her out? Is it that big of a deal for a PARENT to come and help the kid that it requires for the parent to be paid for doing their JOB? AND still milk it for 11 years even if it is for the better good or financial stability, but no we are just gonna take millions of your hard earned money and let you live with an allowance.

Why hasnt anyone reached out to help her when she needed it the most?, mother brother sister family close friends where were they and why in the world would you want to take money from your kid for doing what you are supposed to do?!

Lets say she is in that conservatorship for legal reasons. OK even if she is not in that prison you could still represent her in court and help her fight off people that are suing her.

Lets say she is in conservatorship for medical reasons. First of all BULLSHIT. Second of all you are telling me that a 38 year woman is in that fragile of state that she could not take care of her self or those around her... meanwhile we are sending her to 4 world wide tours 4 year residency in Vegas, Whole season of X factor 4 studio albums 3 documentaries tons of interviews magazines photoshoots events and yeah she needs to be guarded and watched and she is not stable... OK if they are that concerned wouldn't you think that with a good honest conversation with close people who she trusts she could work on her mental health. She could still see her doctors psychiatrists etc. but NO we will keep her in this prison and see doctors against her will and plug her with medications which she may or may not really need

If they release her from the conservatorship she could be much happier person and start living her live as a real adult, deal with real problems herself and most importantly see her own kids. She could still work on her mental health, see doctors to help her, get some decent layers to help her with legal stuff and manage her own self, not belong to any record company or let anyone take the money away from her. I think she has enough power in the business to be her own manager she just needs a good team, not someone that decides for her and takes huge percentage of the earnings for themselfs for doing a good job. 

I am furious as to why everyone treated her like trash.. and still do, when she was going through some tough time making wrong decision choosing wrong people to to things which is called growing up and being a human, but no.. everyone was making fun of her and not helping her which in fact it was all she needed... and all these celebrities are acting like they are all friends, but when it comes to britney no one is helping her or speaking about it. Everyone is #METOO but when it comes to britney? no yeah this doesn't apply she is not a human being or a woman so we are just gonna leave it as it is and let everyone treat her like trash

EVEN IF SHE IS NOT f**king ALL RIGHT IT IS f**king HER OWN BUSINESS if you are able to help her than do, if not then dont comment on every article youtube video social media post that she is crazy, unwell dead behind the eyes or whatever, sure i am not always happy seeing her with panda eyes and that hair, dont really get the videos of her doing random things like a teenager... but its not my decision its hers and she can do whatever she likes. i just simply chose not to follow or pay too mach attention to it or even comment. 

UGH and this all came in when my friends were laughing at her instagram account and paying dust all the work she has done for the last 20 years... and all this not even realizing that britney was the springboard for Beyonce and many many more artists 

Archived