Is this Britney's most mysterious song?

PlayboyMommy

3 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

"When Britney began to make the album, many sites (very reliable) named this song as the first single. They even said the album title would be 'Shh ... It's a Secret '.
Even a fragment of the 911 demo (freshly filtered), already existed since 2010, of course everyone thought it was fake"

From ONTD: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65433744.html?page=2#comments

Is that referring to Femme Fatale?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, C0CKy said:

I agree IO would have smashed on the radio. Plus, it had all the iconic references to her past hits (which was the first time she referenced her own material on a track.)

I still Jam to DDB in the gym, ngl. It is the perfect workout anthem lol. The video for WB saved the song for me because I wasn’t feeling it when it dropped.  

Picking favorite albums is hard for me because I listen to different ones I’m doing different things. My top four most listened to are Glory, FF, ITZ, And BO.  But I love her older stuff too when I’m feeling nostalgic or in need of a sappy love song. 

They always miss an opportunity for a hit in every single album. Ill be there, WUSIWUG, Lonely, BOM, IO...

DDB isnt bad, only generic. These 4 are also my favorite. And I also listen to her first 3 when Im feeling nostalgic, they make me happy. 

WB is overproduced but I always liked. The whole Myah Marie kinda ruined for me tbh, i cant listen now the same way I used to lol

9 hours ago, Bundy said:

They always miss an opportunity for a hit in every single album. Ill be there, WUSIWUG, Lonely, BOM, IO...

DDB isnt bad, only generic. These 4 are also my favorite. And I also listen to her first 3 when Im feeling nostalgic, they make me happy. 

WB is overproduced but I always liked. The whole Myah Marie kinda ruined for me tbh, i cant listen now the same way I used to lol

That’s true— they drop the ball on her single selection every era. Her team is comprised of dinosaurs that aren’t even passionate about music. Wasn’t Larry a lawyer or something before becoming her manager? Maybe if she had younger, more hip people on her team they could actually spot the obvious hits. 

I feel you on Myah Marie ruining WB. Heck, she ruined the entire album for me (except for Hold on Tite.) I still think we should file a class action against Brit’s team for that trickery. Michael Jackson’s fans did when his team pulled something similar. 

22 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

"When Britney began to make the album, many sites (very reliable) named this song as the first single. They even said the album title would be 'Shh ... It's a Secret '.
Even a fragment of the 911 demo (freshly filtered), already existed since 2010, of course everyone thought it was fake"

From ONTD: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/65433744.html?page=2#comments

Isn't 911 a Blackout outtake though? I thought JR Rotem did that one.

21 hours ago, Isla said:

Isn't 911 a Blackout outtake though? I thought JR Rotem did that one.

It is, the person who posted it was referring to the song being traded at the time with other tracks like the original version of Pleasure You

On 11/26/2019 at 2:01 AM, C0CKy said:

Is that referring to Femme Fatale?

I did some digging and I found out that person was talking about this rumour back in 2010

The press release of the new album will be sent on August 27. While the first single will be released around September 7 under the title "It's A Secret." Britney Spears' new album will be released on November 2.

Apparently the song was produced by Lucas Secon who also did King of My Castle, both of them were most likely recorded in 2009 during the Circus Tour

Lucas Secon has also posted that he is working with Britney on his MySpace blog, saying “New Britney Spears production, new smash on the way, sooner than later!”

Around this time, as I said earlier, Pleasure You was also being traded and maybe at one point was also intended for the original 2010 album alongside the songs from the writing camp

"Forgot to mention this -- Remember the writing camp? Apparently everything from that writing camp was eventually scrapped as the album switched gears toward the album's current incarnation. The album really was originally going to be released in late August but they felt uncomfortable with the album as it was and decided to go in a new direction.")

26 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

It is, the person who posted it was referring to the song being traded at the time with other tracks like the original version of Pleasure You

I did some digging and I found out that person was talking about this rumour back in 2010

Apparently the song was produced by Lucas Secon who also did King of My Castle, both of them were most likely recorded in 2009 during the Circus Tour

Around this time, as I said earlier, Pleasure You was also being traded and maybe at one point was also intended for the original 2010 album alongside the songs from the writing camp

Thanks for this! That's interesting.

Not sure about Pleasure You, I remember one fan found the song on a copyright database and it listed the copyright for the song in 2003 (to indicate it was recorded that year for In the Zone).

• Leader

The person who gave me Secret never identified themselves to me. What you hear is all I had. I had spent weeks trying to confirm that they were legit. I was more inclined to believe them after they told me Felicia was coming back weeks before it was made public. Can't imagine how someone fake would have known that. They said Britney read BH every day back then (2009). Again, can't confirm. However, there are still some inconsistencies. Their first email had these lyrics, but I'm not convinced they're real.  

fragile and exposed, taken under by those 
who's intelligent, made her mind froze
manipulation,needed guidance,reservation,with no defense  
why are you here now, and where were you then
i'm asking my self now, how do i begin to tell you 
i don't love you, and i never will.....
bow down to my children please father ...

8 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

The person who gave me Secret never identified themselves to me. What you hear is all I had. I had spent weeks trying to confirm that they were legit. I was more inclined to believe them after they told me Felicia was coming back weeks before it was made public. Can't imagine how someone fake would have known that. They said Britney read BH every day back then (2009). Again, can't confirm. However, there are still some inconsistencies. Their first email had these lyrics, but I'm not convinced they're real.  

Thank you so much for clarying! I know you have been catching flak after the whole Perez Hilton fiasco so for you to share this information with us when you could have kept it to yourself means a lot :)

21 minutes ago, Isla said:

Thanks for this! That's interesting.

Not sure about Pleasure You, I remember one fan found the song on a copyright database and it listed the copyright for the song in 2003 (to indicate it was recorded that year for In the Zone).

Yeah I know, in fact, here's the actual page for reference

Type of Work:Music

Registration Number / Date:PAu003682913 / 2013-04-24

Application Title:Pleasure You.

Title:Pleasure You.

Description:Electronic file (eService)

Copyright Claimant:Mr. Tan Man Music, Transfer: By written agreement. Address: 8335 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90069, United States.

Largosa Music, Transfer: By written agreement. Address: 7750 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90046, United States.

Britney Spears Music, Transfer: By written agreement. Address: 2100 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 90404, United States.

Date of Creation:2003

Authorship on Application:Anthony Moran; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.

Warren Largosa; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music.

Britney Spears; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United States. Authorship: music, lyrics.

Rights and Permissions:Anthony Moran, Mr. Tan Man Music, moranmusicpub@gmail.com

Copyright Note:C.O. correspondence.

Names:Moran, Anthony

Largosa, Warren

Spears, Britney

Mr. Tan Man Music

Largosa Music

Britney Spears Music

I'm just saying that it's weird that RadarOnline first reported the song to be from her then upcoming album rather than an old outtake. But then again it's RadarOnline that we're talking about....

3 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Yeah I know, in fact, here's the actual page for reference

I'm just saying that it's weird that RadarOnline first reported the song to be from her then upcoming album rather than an old outtake. But then again it's RadarOnline that we're talking about....

I know, I mean the only way otherwise is if they heard it and just assumed because it was a Britney song they hadn't heard up until that point it had been recorded for a new album? 

Archived