Carrie kinda looks like 'Make Me' Britney in her new Randee-directed MV

jennyj

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not surprising she looks like Britney, Randee has spent the last number of years doing the exact same style of videos and photo shoots for both women. 

Ugh I was so disappointed when I saw this was directed by Randee. I loved the song  but the video was so lacklustre and had no story to it. 

As a huge fan of both I can’t understand why Carrie and Britney keep using her. 

53 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

As a huge fan of both I can’t understand why Carrie and Britney keep using her. 

Girls supporting girls in business? :mhmnod:She gives them comfort on a job, can deliver beauty shots.
Looks like Britney doesn't want to be challenged or dare, which is kinda understandable :crying4:

I checked Randee's IMDb page and found out that she actually had directed a few videos for Carrie before (the listed ones are "Blown Away", "Smoke Break", "Heartbeat", and "Cry Pretty"). Here's a fun fact: she also directed some videos and a documentary for Céline Dion and Whitney Houston's "I'm Every Woman" video:

This "Drinking Alone" video... I don't know, it's obviously not as bad as "Make Me...", but it feels very basic, like it was made purely to have a lot of beauty shots. :mhmnod:

17 hours ago, jennyj said:

The thumbnail alone screams Britney 'Make Me' lol.  Ironically, the video was directed by Randee as well

As basic as it is, it would have been like 138255556 times better as the make me official video. Britney there singing with a handmic. Better than that **** audition shitty mess. 

The colors, the editing and the overall atmosphere is basically identical to make me tho

4 hours ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

I mean every artist has an aesthetic. I don't think this looks bad. I don't care for the Make Me video, but if Britney wishes for Randee then let her use her....its her artistic choice. 

I just hope when Brtiney comes back they give the girl some series budget. 

I dont' think Britney wishes for Randee... otherwise she would have used her for her personal photoshoots too lol.  I'm guessing she's a cheap and/or contracted option her label or team have with Randee.

16 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

As basic as it is, it would have been like 138255556 times better as the make me official video. Britney there singing with a handmic. Better than that **** audition shitty mess. 

The colors, the editing and the overall atmosphere is basically identical to make me tho

It's identical to Make Me because that's the only style Randee knows how to do

16 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

It's identical to Make Me because that's the only style Randee knows how to do

14 hours ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

I mean every artist has an aesthetic. I don't think this looks bad. I don't care for the Make Me video, but if Britney wishes for Randee then let her use her....its her artistic choice. 

I just hope when Brtiney comes back they give the girl some series budget. 

I don't think it's an artistic choice

Randee works for Lou Taylor, so they're all the same trash. It's all about money

Archived