1998 Britney promo stickers you have never seen

Lil Jay

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
23 hours ago, ubritney said:

That’s interesting! Happy she went with Baby One More Time though. The epicness of it all!

I don’t think it was her call, the song became so huge so it was a great way to advertise the album. I feel like that was the thing in the 90’s-early 00’s with pop albums.

19 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I don’t think it was her call, the song became so huge so it was a great way to advertise the album. I feel like that was the thing in the 90’s-early 00’s with pop albums.

I think its cool when an artist doesnt start with a self titled album. 

But not every debut artist with a hit single happens that. Genie In A Bottle was huge, yet her album was still named Christina Aguilera, for example.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

I think its cool when an artist doesnt start with a self titled album. 

But not every debut artist with a hit single happens that. Genie In A Bottle was huge, yet her album was still named Christina Aguilera, for example.

Yeah but I remember at the time being a little annoyed at it because I thought it was lazy since other artists named their albums more creatively like a phrase or something, I was glad they changed it up with ITZ and perfect timing as that’s her most creative album.

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but I remember at the time being a little annoyed at it because I thought it was lazy since other artists named their albums more creatively like a phrase or something, I was glad they changed it up with ITZ and perfect timing as that’s her most creative album.

Yeah, its cool albums like in the zone, blackout, glory and femme fatale, that are also her best albums lol 

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Yeah, its cool albums like in the zone, blackout, glory and femme fatale, that are also her best albums lol 

Yeah it doesn’t bother me that much but like... “hey guys please buy my new album Oops! I did it again which features my lead single Oops I did it again” or the Britney album, I know she said it’s because it’s how she felt at the moment but I think it’s just a cover up and that Britney and her team butt heads creatively which explains why the album’s musical direction is so Bi polar and so they don’t know how to name it just like BJ. 

12 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah it doesn’t bother me that much but like... “hey guys please buy my new album Oops! I did it again which features my lead single Oops I did it again” or the Britney album, I know she said it’s because it’s how she felt at the moment but I think it’s just a cover up and that Britney and her team butt heads creatively which explains why the album’s musical direction is so Bi polar and so they don’t know how to name it just like BJ. 

Britney Jean was really a weak name bc she already had an album named Britney, which at the point made sense.

Britney Jean was lack of inspiration from her and straight up laziness by her flop team.

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Britney Jean was really a weak name bc she already had an album named Britney, which at the point made sense.

Britney Jean was lack of inspiration from her and straight up laziness by her flop team.

Yeah it was obvious they slapped that name on because they can’t think of anything. I felt like she really did wanted a personal record and probably would have a creative title to match but of course they have to scrape her idea. She has very dark taste which is awesome but obviously they aren’t here for that. 

50 minutes ago, Isla said:

Ooh there’s a series?

Yeah she had 5 unique sticker sets, you could buy them in those quarter machines at grocery stores. Each set had 12/13 or so and were labeled on the back. Every big pop star had their own sets back then, but Britney’s lasted for about 3 years, basically trading cards. Very cool and easy to find on ebay, but series 5 is hard to find. 

15 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Yeah she had 5 unique sticker sets, you could buy them in those quarter machines at grocery stores. Each set had 12/13 or so and were labeled on the back. Every big pop star had their own sets back then, but Britney’s lasted for about 3 years, basically trading cards. Very cool and easy to find on ebay, but series 5 is hard to find. 

Oh wow, I had no idea about this!! Was this just for the BOMT era or did it last a lot longer?

17 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

That’s cool :)

Can you post a picture of them? I would love to see them :) 

Archived