This is just not acceptable!

timito

4 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

I don’t think it is. I think it’s mostly based on chart performance. Britney comes from a different era when sales were more front-loaded. And they gave much more weight to singles than albums, which in my opinion is not right. I mean, I can’t take a list that puts Mariah Carey above Madonna seriously lmao 

The annoying part then is the title of the list. It should be artist history chart performance or something. But not have it say greatest artist of all time and have Britney all they way down to 58. Because to be the greatest in my opinion It is more about the legacy rather than how you have charted. 

• Like 7
  • Twitter Team
10 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

I don’t think it is. I think it’s mostly based on chart performance. Britney comes from a different era when sales were more front-loaded. And they gave much more weight to singles than albums, which in my opinion is not right. I mean, I can’t take a list that puts Mariah Carey above Madonna seriously lmao 

Yeah that’s kinda what I meant. I’m sure Billboard does have some kind of technical explanation behind this list and how it was compiled. Yeah Mariah over Madonna is a bit of surprise but Billboard did name Mariah the artist of the 90s in the past haha

• Like 1

I think they went for singles charts only, and that explains why Mariah is higher than Madonna. 

Also, we know that in Britney's prime her team were more focused on album sales than singles; that's why they didn't release full physical singles and that's why Britney's big hits like Crazy, Oops, Stronger or Toxic didn't hit #1, or at least Top3. 

And don't forget that radio ban from 2001-2003 that didn't help Britney's singles either.

There you go. :whatitellu:

But yes, seeing this list, and with that Title is disgusting; they make her look less than she was. :nochillbrit:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Lil Jay said:

I think they went for singles charts only, and that explains why Mariah is higher than Madonna. 

Also, we know that in Britney's prime her team were more focused on album sales than singles; that's why they didn't release full physical singles and that's why Britney's big hits like Crazy, Oops, Stronger or Toxic didn't hit #1, or at least Top3. 

And don't forget that radio ban from 2001-2003 that didn't help Britney's singles either.

There you go. :whatitellu:

But yes, seeing this list, and with that Title is disgusting; they make her look less than she was. :nochillbrit:

Team Britney f**king up since 2002  I see :gerlwat:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Team Britney f**king up since 2002  I see :gerlwat:

F**king up what exactly? If you’re talking about the radio ban yeah, they should’ve prevented it. But if you’re talking about the fact that they didn’t release physical single, they actually did the right thing.