Has anybody listened to the vinyls? Are they good?

Lemon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have one yet, though I noticed that a different person is credited under sound mastering, like it's definitely different than CDs. The woman who mastered those vinyls has done some Diana Ross remasters I know pretty well - they sound good. If they didn't **** up with pressing those vinyls...it may sound way better than CDs :verycool:

1 hour ago, Nickey said:

I don't have one yet, though I noticed that a different person is credited under sound mastering, like it's definitely different than CDs. The woman who mastered those vinyls has done some Diana Ross remasters I know pretty well - they sound good. If they didn't **** up with pressing those vinyls...it may sound way better than CDs :verycool:

Interesting!

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Nickey said:

Oh really? I’ve heard reviews say they don’t sound any different than the cd, I mean her albums did came out on cd originally.

I have all of them. Its a different experince, like someone said. The bass hits lower and harder. I love vinyl for that. Yesterday when i played gimme more in vinyl for the first time i was like omg cause the bass was so sharp and energetic. All of them are sounding great to me and believe me when i say that because i am very sticky with sound quality. I do have vinyls that sound like **** and some of them come from UO as well, but they are doing the Britney ones with more care. With that said its not like you are hearing them for the first time. Its ok. You cant buy them and expect to hear something amazing without an amazing sound system and turntable tho. I wouldnt invest in the price of vinyl if i didnt have a great turntable. So yeah, its a different experience, not out of this world tho in terms of sound quality, its more of the feeling and the amp you are going to get playing it loud.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Nando. said:

I have all of them. Its a different experince, like someone said. The bass hits lower and harder. I love vinyl for that. Yesterday when i played gimme more in vinyl for the first time i was like omg cause the bass was so sharp and energetic. All of them are sounding great to me and believe me when i say that because i am very sticky with sound quality. I do have vinyls that sound like **** and some of them come from UO as well, but they are doing the Britney ones with more care. With that said its not like you are hearing them for the first time. Its ok. You cant buy them and expect to hear something amazing without an amazing sound system and turntable tho. I wouldnt invest in the price of vinyl if i didnt have a great turntable. So yeah, its a different experience, not out of this world tho in terms of sound quality, its more of the feeling and the amp you are going to get playing it loud.

I know you get what you paid for but ever since she came out with so many vinyls, it’ll be nice to actually listen to them, what’s a good beginner record player? I heard the crosleys damage your records (and I don’t want nothing hurting my Britney’s lol)

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I know you get what you paid for but ever since she came out with so many vinyls, it’ll be nice to actually listen to them, what’s a good beginner record player? I heard the crosleys damage your records (and I don’t want nothing hurting my Britney’s lol)

Audio-Technica have some affordable players for beginners. The Sony PS-LX310BT is also very good, it's a quick and easy set up and has Bluetooth so you don't have to buy wired speakers (the Sony has a built-in preamp though so you'll get the best sound from a good pair of wired speakers). Crosley isn't actually an awful brand when you're looking at their higher end products, but those cheap suitcase style "all in one" players will damage records over time and often have speed issues (plus the speakers suck).

I don't own any Britney albums on vinyl yet but I've heard bad things about the BOMT picture disc. Picture discs in general tend not to sound as good but apparently BOMT is especially noisy. 

14 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I work in a records store and have quite an experience with vinyls and stuff. I'd recommend vintage equipment, always. It's way more stable than new turntables, you can always fix them pretty easily, while the new ones are often hard and expensive to repair. Seriously, back in 70s or 80s record players were the standard audio equipment, it just had to produce high quality sound. Of course there are some bad or cheap models especially from 1960s, but vintage audio dealers don't sell stuff like that usually.

Just check out some vintage audio stores with good reviews and I'm sure they'll find the best equipment for you. Don't go easy on that. I'm saying that because I did, when I was starting with vinyls I bought a new Sony turntable which almost destroyed my records. Never again! :decisions:

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Complication said:

Audio-Technica have some affordable players for beginners. The Sony PS-LX310BT is also very good, it's a quick and easy set up and has Bluetooth so you don't have to buy wired speakers (the Sony has a built-in preamp though so you'll get the best sound from a good pair of wired speakers). Crosley isn't actually an awful brand when you're looking at their higher end products, but those cheap suitcase style "all in one" players will damage records over time and often have speed issues (plus the speakers suck).

I don't own any Britney albums on vinyl yet but I've heard bad things about the BOMT picture disc. Picture discs in general tend not to sound as good but apparently BOMT is especially noisy. 

I was looking at the audio technicas on Amazon as they are in my price range, So maybe I’ll consider that. I was really tempted once looking at the suitcase ones but reviews are bad so thank god. 

from the YouTube videos it seems the BOMT picture vinyl does sound crackly. Which is disappointing since I was going to get it when I got a player since I don’t want the pink vinyl to be opened. Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Nickey said:

I work in a records store and have quite an experience with vinyls and stuff. I'd recommend vintage equipment, always. It's way more stable than new turntables, you can always fix them pretty easily, while the new ones are often hard and expensive to repair. Seriously, back in 70s or 80s record players were the standard audio equipment, it just had to produce high quality sound. Of course there are some bad or cheap models especially from 1960s, but vintage audio dealers don't sell stuff like that usually.

Just check out some vintage audio stores with good reviews and I'm sure they'll find the best equipment for you. Don't go easy on that. I'm saying that because I did, when I was starting with vinyls I bought a new Sony turntable which almost destroyed my records. Never again! :decisions:

I’ve thought about that but I’m always afraid of what to look for and what can be repaired or what’s good. I don’t have a lot of money now and I know further down the line when I become more experienced I would get a better player but I guess you never know so maybe I’ll be lucky. I was so afraid of ruining the gorgeous color vinyls that I was planning on just getting the clear ones as “sacrifice” lol 

19 hours ago, Nickey said:

Sony only have like 2 turntables on the market now and both are very good and should not do any damage to your records unless you're doing something wrong. Vintage can be good if you get lucky and find something in great condition for a bargain price, but they're not always good for a beginner especially if it does need repairs and upgrades on the stylus, etc. There's nothing wrong with modern turntables as long as you do your research beforehand.

You’ll get the best out of vinyl with a quality turntable and stereo system. If you’re planning on having a cheap turntable with some computer speakers, it probably won’t sound all that different to the CD. It definitely helps to invest in some quality equipment, and vinyl will end up a wonderful experience for you!

On 11/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, puppylo16 said:

I was looking at the audio technicas on Amazon as they are in my price range, So maybe I’ll consider that. I was really tempted once looking at the suitcase ones but reviews are bad so thank god. 

from the YouTube videos it seems the BOMT picture vinyl does sound crackly. Which is disappointing since I was going to get it when I got a player since I don’t want the pink vinyl to be opened. Thanks for the suggestion! 

I have an Audio Technica LP120X. I highly recommend it as it is pretty easy to use and produces a great sound with quality equipment. Get a good stereo system to connect the AUX cables to, and you’re golden.

Archived